kirite.}}

BUUUHHHHH.

my own writing surprises me sometimes.

[spoilerChapter 1: Is Kirite Burning Up?:hpwuicv5]The morning sun rose over the peaks of the valley, enlightening the small town hidden in its bowels. The wind began to blow, bending the small wheat field nearby. The river flowed next to a house, its waters filled with fish.

A boy emerged from a house, noisily cheering and screaming. Immediately shouts of complaints from other houses emerged, filling the town with raucous noise.

“Sorry!” the boy shouts back, quieting the small town, before rushing to the river, dragging a bamboo stick with him. He had black hair, much like the darkness of a moon-less night, and brown eyes, like the rich soil of the earth.

The sun was still trying to escape the mountains of the valley. It was still a bit dark, but the boy can see everything clearly. The scarecrow standing in the middle of the wheat field, some fish leaping out of the stream to greet the morning, birds perched on trees and singing their morning songs, and clouds already up and about, ready to float all day and, possibly, pour down some rain.

The boy grinned. Today he was finally allowed to venture into the forest alone.

The line of trees that marked the territory of hundreds of creatures stood in front of him, tempting him to come, tempting him to trespass. After a bit of waiting, the urge was too great, and he shattered the line that was keeping him from entering the boundaries of the forest.

The forest was teeming with life: snakes slithered through the undergrowth, birds of many different colors and sizes flew about and perched on branches, butterflies fluttering around and showing off their attractive wings, and lizards crawling around the tree trunks.

Beyond this forest was the village of Volfinor. He was told today was market day in Volfinor, and thus was allowed to go through the forest, buy food and water, and go back as quickly as he can.

Poor boy didn’t want to walk so slow. His feet began to speed up, his arms holding the bamboo stick in the air. He ran through the forest, accidentally stepping on a snake or two, then pole vaulted his way through a boulder blocking the main path. That was the major problem: they need to make a new path. The boulder was wedged between two trees with massive trunks; so thick that you can’t get around them.

He watched as the end of the forest began to show itself, and the village of Volfinor stood near the cracks between the trees.

The boy grinned and ran towards Volfinor, dragging his bamboo stick yet again. Today was going to be an awesome day in Volfinor.

Kirite sure was burning up.

[/details]

Hey look. Chapter 2.

[spoilerChapter 2: The Market in Volfinor:bpm52rak]Silence hung over the village of Volfinor. The sun was just making its way up the sky. The leaves of the trees gently swished and swayed against the wind. The river that emerged from the forest washed against its banks.

The sound of a flute signaled the arrival of the merchants. They were all riding on horses, caravans, donkeys, or were just walking. These merchants were from the south, trading and buying many rare items, only to sell them again in Volfinor. They would only stay here for three days, then go on their way again, trading and buying along the way.

A girl walked along the pathways of the village, ready to greet one of the merchants along the way. She was always the one buying. She would never miss a single market day in Volfinor, ever, unless she was sick.

The girl had long, dark hair, glossy at some parts. She had black eyes, which kept blinking every now and then.

The merchants soon arrived, and the girl ran up to greet every one of them. There were some new merchants, there were some merchants the girl noticed were missing, and there were the same old merchants from before. Old or new, she greeted them all.

“Kotonoha! Always the little morning sunshine, you are,” an old, female merchant said gratefully, smiling. The girl smiled back, happy to make someone smile. That was her job: to make everyone feel welcome into town, to make them happy, and to make them smile. “Thank you,” she replied.

The girl then watched and waited patiently as the merchants began setting up their stands in Volfinor’s plaza. Soon, other villagers joined in the watching and waiting, and soon, the merchants were done. The villagers swarmed around every stand, observing, buying, and trading their goods. One particular amulet caught the girl’s eye: a shiny golden amulet with a miniature dragon sculpture on it.

The girl went over to the stand, then ended up buying the amulet after another girl wanted it. She admit that she did felt sorry for the other girl, but she wanted to give the amulet to her mother.

The dark-haired girl noticed something: a boy, a particularly loud one, was trying to buy a spear. An expensive one at that. The spear had a shiny, sharp, blue end, while the wooden hold was painted orange. It looked intriguing with the sharpened blue end. Sure, anyone could just paint it blue, but this one looked real. In fact, you can even see your reflection on it.

However, like her, the boy had an enemy. Another one, this time a man much older, wanted the spear, and he was winning.

The girl stepped up, handing out a gold pellet. In this world, colored pellets were used as money. Copper pellets meant one, bronze pellets meant five, silver pellets meant fifty, gold pellets meant one hundred, and diamond pellets—though they are very rare—meant five hundred.

The merchant’s eyes widened. Greedily, he took the gold pellet and exchanged it with the spear. The girl smiled, then gave the spear to the obnoxiously loud boy. He gratefully grabbed the spear and jumped, throwing the bamboo stick he was holding away. He had a new weapon now.

The girl laughed. “What’s your name?” she asked.

“Kirite,” the boy replied.

“Mine’s Kotonoha,” the black-haired girl said.

They both laughed.

[/details]

This story is really cute so far, and I’m having lots of fun reading it. It’s more lighthearted than other stories I’ve read, and that’s a good thing. I’m guessing that Kotonoha and Kirite are going to start adventuring together; am I right?

Your grammar is mostly okay, but I spotted one small error:

“She had black eyes,which kept blinking every now and then.”

There should be a space after the comma.

Keep up the good work!~

omg i did not notice that error

how

but thanks anyways <3~

[spoilerChapter 3: Promise With the Winds ~ Petal’s Whereabouts:3gjt2sdv][i]There was once a flower.

This flower had five petals. All of them were yellow, except for the last one, which was red.

The red petal detached itself from the flower, then rode the winds, floating away. It travelled to many places, stopping once in a while before the wind picked it up once more.

The petal soon stopped, landing in a very secluded area where no wind was there to keep it going.

Soon, the wind came again. It told the petal, “I will only pick you up again if you promise to stay with me forever.”

The petal gladly agreed, and the wind picked it up once more. The petal still flies to this day, keeping the promise it made with the winds.[/i]

[/details]

short chapter, but it has a different meaning than what you might think.

boop.