Klutz Workaround

Klutz was updated with exp items, which is great! But it’d be really nice to have Klutz maybe work with more items like Stamina Band/Tight Belt, or even to be different than in main series/pmd overall! Another workaround could be an item that nullifies the ability of Klutz similar to Lens of Truth does for Illusion.

When I was starting out I had wanted to use Buneary but ended up having to drop it completely because it was very hard to train with how fast its belly would decrease since I couldn’t use my stamina band. I’ve heard a few other players discuss their thoughts on Klutz so I figured i’d make a suggestion and see what everybody else has to say.

2 Likes

I can agree something similar to the LoT, but for Klutz would be greatly appreciated. Something similar for Stall would also be nice.

4 Likes

I don’t think that these abilities work on pmu… hard to find any benefit for them

2 Likes

they tone down the op pokemon (this is a joke)

2 Likes

Agreed here. There just isn’t any real reason why klutz, stall, truant, and any other abilities intended to balance a Pokemon are still a thing. It’s just a huge hindrance. PMU isn’t competitive by any means so I just can’t see why certain Pokemon should be weakened just because that’s how they are in the main series. I recall huge power in this game (I could be wrong) being changed to always take affect, instead of the 50% chance it has to take affect in the main PMD games, so I see no issue with changing other abilities to make things less annoying for players who want to use those Pokemon.

4 Likes

I do agree that some abilities can be repurposed in order to be more functional in this game

2 Likes

I don’t know if bumping threads is acceptable, but bumping this incase someone else has something to say on the matter! I’d love to hear a staff’s input.

2 Likes

Klutz is a pain, I can agree!!!
Perhaps, instead of disabling it all together, the Pokemon is a literal klutz and items won’t be as effective, but theyre still usable.

Say theyre drinking an Ether, and spill some. They could only get 8PP restored instead of 10

Apples restore less, but still heal your belly

And Gummis could not have an additional effect when eating, essentially making them an apple

Not too sure, but it makes them usable atleast

6 Likes

Thanks for the response! I think this suggestion or the nullifying item suggestion would definitely be at least a much better solution to how they work right now.

This suggestion is also really cute and creative.

2 Likes

Excellent idea. This would allow Klutz pokemon to be more effective, and it’s an interesting mechanic for them!

2 Likes

love that idea but good luck changing it for every single consumable in game :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s not that difficult. There could be a 0.8x multiplier added to the amount the belly consumes and a 0.8x multiplier for PP Restored. Doesn’t have to be for each individual item.

3 Likes

Truant prevents people from training like Durant, and it’s not even a balancing thing at all, it’s literally only a joke ability, and Sableye is weak enough with out stall, stall is also very awkward in pmu because it can be helpful in certain builds in the main series. Kluz is effects a lot of pokemon but it also is rarely their only ability. One possibility is to maybe give them new family items or change their old ones to negate the certain negative ability, I mean it’s not like there aren’t already over powered or certain pokemon who get multiple family items already.

1 Like

throwback to my level 65 buneary i trained pre-rollback with no exp items

i 100% agree though !!! would be nice if there was an item as opposed to just directly changing the ability. it makes it more challenging finding the item, too.

but then - wouldn’t it be slightly ironic that an item would negate an ability that negates items? ; )

4 Likes