Lack of 30s dungeons

a few times I’ve heard people mention how few dungeons are good for training pokemon in the mid 30s, so I decided to look at the dungeons we have.
I found a total of 13 dungeons that fit the criteria, however many have problems preventing them from being good options.

skylift, sauna cavern, and glitter cave all have the levels needed, but only after getting through quite a few floors of low leveled pokemon, on the opposite side of the spectrum we have tanren mansion and winden dojo which start fine but end with high leveled mons.

gold dojo has a no items brought in rule which is not something that makes people want to run it, while beach bunker requires you to bring a water type to get through the dungeon, restricting your team if you want to get to where the most exp is.

sandy shallows, while otherwise a good choice is in archford, meaning you have to beat cresent islet to get there which is a level 45-55 dungeon.

tanren graveyard would have been a good choice except it’s a ghost dungeon meaning spite, destiny bond and extreme darkness everywhere, not the most fun place to be.

with all of these subtracted it leaves only 4 options without some annoying downside: winden forest, crystal ruins, sunrise temple, and thunderstorm forest. half of the good options are ice type and the other half require beating sauna cavern.

yeah pretty good reason people say mid-30s training is rough.

1 Like

Beach Bunker doesn’t require a Water-type :growlithethink:
I made a post like this but for high leveled dungeons, I think It sucks now but the difference between high levels and low levels Is that low levels go by so much faster. Tanren Graveyard Is actually one of the only Ghost dungeon that Isn’t terrible to run from experience. The only annoying thing Is that Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist? can Trick-or-Treat you.

It feels like you’re forgetting some other options. Concealed Lab, Southern Sea, and Cliffside ( yes I’m serious ) are all aimed towards 30s. Dungeons In Exbel are either all too easy/short ( Happiness Lake, Fruity Grotto, Tiny Grotto, Mineral Cavern, Winden Pass ) or jump straight to the 40-50 range ( Gritty Burrow, Ash Forest, TSF, Mt. Barricade ).

Some of dungeons you listed are fine In my opinion barring the weather Pokemon. Skylift Is repetitive but It still works fine. Glitter Cavern Is fine, Sunrise Is fine. Winden Dojo Isn’t that bad If you don’t take the west path.

This Isn’t to say that there can’t be more/better options. I’m hoping with more dungeon reworks also comes new training locations.

2 Likes

confused beach bunker with sandy shallows like a derp, I also mostly got the level ranges from the wiki so I suppose I missed a few, still think there should be more though

3 Likes

while i feel ya, let’s take a look at the 50s range, let’s see. we got, uhh, barely svw… and crystal castle, and verdure.

note: i know there’s more 50s but i only list those that are good for training