Legendary recruitment thread: part 2

Since it keeps being brought up and no one uses the old thread which is obviously a pain to read, I hereby open a new thread to continue the discussion.

The main idea is to make legendaries recruitable, but the problem is how do we do this? Feel free to suggest anything as I will take notes of it.
My own suggestions as requirements:

• A specific heart slate of the legendary+mystery part
  • Guildmaster rank
  • Dex entries (?)
  • Grindable currency in multiple lategame dungeons (?)
  • A difficult dungeon serving as summoning your legendary in a chamber (?)
  • Having a level 100 of the type of the legendary you want in your party (?)

The first 2 make the most sense, but the other 4 are just me throwing out ideas. I don’t want things to get too easy, so feel free to throw in more difficult ideas. They are legendary pokemon after all.

EDIT: I’m talking about the first trio legendaries as a test again, like in the old thread. Sorry for the confusion. I’m not talking about all legendary pokemon -yet-.
Trio legends as in: bird trio, dog trio, golem trio, lake trio, knight trio and tapu quadro

Whatever the method for legendary recruitment, I don’t think all legends should be available (at least at this point), and I think whatever the method is should be difficult.

What makes legends special isn’t how good they are or their stats or anything like that. It’s the status, and I think the same should be conveyed if a user has a legend in PMU. It should represent they’ve put in work to achieve that legend.

I think with suggestions to rework the event token shop, putting in an option for an item to recruit a legend in that shop (one time use) could be a possibility? I’m not a huge fan of this option but it exists and acts as a sort of temporal gate on getting a legend plus a balance to crystals/gems. This would have to be balanced with putting event tokens into an HC shop though.

What I am a fan of is the grindable currency. In particular, I’d love if having the heart slate legendary from a dungeon unlocked a new portion of the dungeon which is harder, but has the option to get currency to grind toward having the recruit legend. You could combine this with other methods (the event token option maybe?, difficult summoning dungeon, level 100 of the type - perhaps even a trained to 100 version of the heart slate pokemon) to really make legends difficult to attain in this way.

I’m just kind of throwing thoughts out here at this point but my main point is that it should be hard lol.

Personally, I feel like at this point, there is almost no real reason to not have some, or maybe most, legendaries as recruitable, even outside of the trio legendaries. Of course there would have to be restrictions, but I think it’d be good to have it as a money sink option, or just general things to actually do at endgame. Maybe have some legends like Type:Null, Poipole, and possibly mythicals done the Phione way instead of slates and whatnot?

I don’t think we needed a new thread as opposed to the old one being bumped. While I agree that I’d like to see legendaries stop being arbitrarily gated away as possible content, by simply creating a new thread for reasons that–If I read correctly–seem to essentially boil down to “tl;dr,” are we not doomed to repeat the exact same lines of discussion? Additionally, the existing thread was tagged as “on hold.”

Not that I don’t think there’s a discussion to be had, but if people don’t want to read what’s already been said then we’re just going to go in circles.

1 Like

It was suggested by Pencil, due to the old one being hard to read. While I agree on that people should read the old one, I think it may be better to start a new one where the newer community could discuss their arguments. It’s rather refreshing.

Also, I’ve seen threads like surf pop up at least twice as well I think?

1 Like

I can’t vote anymore as it says i’ve reached my limit, but posting here to show my support in the matter. I liked what was said before in levy’s suggestion per the previous thread. I don’t have any input on actual concepts for releasing legendaries, just that I believe the discussion should continue and that it’s time to release them.

Personally, I don’t necessarily see why it is a certainty that we would go down the exact same lines of thoughts in this new thread as in the old thread. The topic’s the same, but the conditions all seem to be different - it’s been a long time since that thread was created and the userbase on PMU is pretty different. A lot of new suggestions have come up which give more insights into how players may feel about various game elements. Shinies - something people didn’t even think was possible on PMU for the longest time - happened since the last reply to the thread even! While a lot of the same arguments will probably be brought up, there is a lot of potential for the flow of conversation to be much different.

In addition, it’s true we could still use the old thread, but for someone new getting into it, the barriers of reading it are pretty high - they have to commit quite a bit of time going through the discussion just to be caught up. Putting a reset button is I think the best way to ensure the things we talk about are fresh and help put a perspective into what today’s PMU players think of the issue. Even if the thoughts are the same, that is valuable information on its own.

3 Likes

It would be really interesting, altho the only Legend that I would ever want is Dialga (but, for obvious reasons, it can’t be recruitable) so the only and next one I would want is Celebi lel