Let Players set Heart Slate moves for Poke

Heart Slate moves being randomized is a generally useless mechanic that only causes re-rolls/use of TM’s. Using Legendary pokemon should be fun. Adding an element for moves for every mystery part summon and having Merlin adjust those moves for each with poke would make them usable without the need to leave and re-enter a dungeon when you get a bad roll. It doesn’t impact the game’s balance in any unreasonable way. It only makes it a more convenient experience for players going through what it takes to get the Heart slates in the first place.

The point of legendary not being recruitable is for that reason. It’s BST is strong, and randomize moveset is one of the best ways to handle it rn. While getting bad moveset is frustrating, kirk has made changes to a lot of the slate movepool.

It doesn’t handle it at all. The base stats are the same, the moves are still good. Making something inconvenient doesn’t balance out a strong pokemon. It’s only being annoying for the sake of being annoying, which is the opposite of what a game should do.

BST are deffo not the same, a kyogre has a BST of 680 and no other non-legend is that high. Also, if you were allowed to choose moves, it just makes player rely on a legendary pokemon rather than actually having a own team. Might as well just be a recruit at that point. The randomize part is some fun aspect tbh.

The base stats are the same whether or not the moves are random. I would think it would be fun to be able to control a favorite pokemon like any else in the game. For people who’s favorites are legendaries, they’re at a disadvantage for no reason, especially with mythical pokemon having the same base stats as pseudo legends that are recruitable.

I don’t think we should invest further into slates. They were a mistake in my opinion and very poorly handled at the time.

I hope we can forget slates in the future and slowly work into actual legendary recruits

2 Likes

Well…that would be an interesting way to drain some Poke from the economy, but that’d be very close to just having it as a recruit outright…the only real difference being that you wouldn’t be able to bring it to town to lurk as it or get its fam item from the Croagunk swap. Not necessarily a bad idea but it would likely involve significant programmer time that could probably be put to better use elsewhere.

Realistically, I don’t see a whole lot being done with legendaries, at least in the short term.