Lila's Songfics~

Yep. My first songfic. Heehee I fail at these though but eh. Anyways. FaiLila presents you:

The Flaaffy looked at the stars as she climbed the hill, Â smiling to herself. She always came up here to watch the stars… Sometimes even forget to go home and fall asleep on the hill. The night wind blew softly as she reached the crest and lay on her back, arms spread out on either side of her, gazing at the stars. When she saw a shooting star, she immediately jumped to her feet and watched it trail across the sky, before fading into the deep depths of space. The Flaaffy smiled to herself and sat down, softly singing a song she knew from long ago…

The stars that twinkle in the night, with a strong flickering shine
For that precious smile
I’ll draw out my hopes and become a falling star

It was a memory of 3 years ago… As I sat on top of the same hill… When I remembered my brother. He left 2 years before… And still isn’t back now. I wonder what’s taking him so long… As I looked at the stars shining in the sky, I remembered when my brother left. He told me that he’ll be back… for sure. He smiled at me. Possibly for the last time. Ever since then, I drew out my hopes… and began to wait. I waited, waited like a falling star plummeting towards Earth.

Even if it’s an unreliable lonely light
Even if its loneliness that might disappear in the pure darkness

The Flaaffy lit up the sphere on her tail, hoping her brother can actually see it from afar. Obviously he can’t. But still… she had hope. Hope of signaling her brother, even if her tailsphere’s light was the only one of its kind from miles away. She knew, though, that from much more miles away, her light would only look like a star stuck to the ground, shining not-so-brightly as the stars in the sky. Perhaps it even looked like a lamppost, from a deserted human city. She thought the latter.

Ah, I found the sun in my chest
A dream from my heart I wish to be fulfilled

Suddenly… my heart lit up. As if I was flying towards the sun, my heart pulsed. I immediately knew, that deep in my heart, a dream lay, a piece of hope that I can find my brother through journeying instead of waiting in one place. Immediately, I stood up, and walked away from my home, towards the wilderness in the night, with that one dream from my heart that I wish to be fulfilled.

The stars that twinkle in the night, with a strong and flickering shine
For that precious smile
I’ll draw out my hopes and become a falling star

The Flaaffy looked at the sky as she ventured through the forest, once again thinking of her brother and the last smile he ever gave her. Again, she felt like a falling star, but instead of staying in one place, she was really moving towards the Earth - her brother. Drawing out her hopes, she ran through the trees, the wind blowing past her, as she was the falling star targeting the Earth.

Yes, one by one they come together and connect
This sky will shine more and more towards an ideal

I looked at the sky as I ran past. I had already escaped from the boundaries of the forest, what shall I bump into now? So I looked at the sky. More stars have come together, lighting up the sky more and more. Yes! This is what I live for! The ever-lightening stars in the sky!

Ah, each one is part of a constellation
It lets us think that it’s fine for them to be here

The Flaaffy looked at the sky, counting the many constellations she was taught. The not-so-visible stick figures were visible, living figures to her. As the figures ran through the sky, she thought of why the constellations were there in the first place. But no matter! I know they’re here for a reason, but I won’t think about that now!

Even if we’re separated far apart or if we’re bonded by woeful ties
they can become bright lights
And with that existence, shine forever

Sure, me and brother are separated far apart, but our stars are under one constellation out there somewhere. I just know it. And someday, maybe beyond the day I’ll die, they’ll become as bright as the sun, and shine eternally. I’ll only have to hope, and wait.

I want them to reflect in those bright, bright eyes
I’ll be responding, so I hope you’ll always watch and it reaches you

The Flaaffy lit up her tailsphere as she ran, feeling the wind in her face. She hoped that her brother was watching the distance wherever he was, and that he’ll know she’s coming for him. After a while of running, she sat down, tired, and looked at the sky again. And suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, a bright light glowed. And she immediately knew her brother responded. The Flaaffy jumped to her feet and lit her tailsphere brighter than before, waves of hope washing over her.

The stars that twinkle in the night, with a strong and flickering shine
For that precious smile
I’€™ll draw out my hopes and become a falling star

I ran once again, my tailsphere becoming brighter by the minute. The far-away light never disappeared, so now I was really sure it was my brother. This is it. I’m the falling star now, and I know where I’m going. Yes. I ran faster, like the wind. I’ll reach him soon, I know it. For that precious smile…

Even if we’€™re separated far apart or if we’re bonded by woeful ties
they can become bright lights
And with that existence, shine forever

The Flaaffy kept running on, using the light in the distance as the new North Star. She knew that the lights from her’s and her brother’s tailsphere were connected from far away, and that they’re brighter than the stars in the sky. She knew they’re going to shine forever. She knew right from the start…

I’€™ll draw out my hopes and become a falling star

From the far distance…
An Ampharos stood, his tailsphere lit up, watching the other light from the distance. He knew it was his sister. No other light could shine as brightly as tailsphere-light. As he watched the light come closer by the minute, he closed his eyes and smiled. “She has become a falling star… Like I knew she would.”

Story of the socially awkward Flaaffy that’s not really socially awkward in this songfic. Heehee–
The original song is actually a Japanese one, I just used the translation BECAUSE REASONS
Anyways. It fails I know. Original song - Starline by Hiroto.
…NO THERE IS NO LOVE HERE. JUST SIBLING BOND. D:<
Anyways. Bai. hops on a meteor and flies away

By request of Lara to make more songfics. (Also, this isn’t a Pokemon songfic. Just wanted to try out how I’d do with a non-Pokemon related fic.) P.S. FUBUKIIIIIIIIIIII–

Fubuki woke up and immediately hid his eyes behind his arms. The sun just had to be cruel right after he woke up. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he stood up and stretched. He took a look at the calendar. August 11… Fubuki perked up at his thought. August 11? That’s…! He immediately changed his clothes and ran out the door. A few minutes later, he arrived at a cemetery, and knelt down in front of two tombstones. “Oto-san… Okaa-san…” he said softly, smiling, “I’m here.” He took a moment of silence, then turned towards the tomb next to them. “Atsuya…”

I hold your hands in this world made of ice
How long have we been doing this?

Fubuki inched towards the tomb where Atsuya was in. “Hi, Atsuya… Happy birthday.” No reply. “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it? Sorry I wasn’t visiting you often…” Fubuki sat on the snowy ground. “Here, I brought you this.” He wrapped a white scarf around the tomb, letting the free ends flow in the wind. “It’s your lucky scarf. I felt that it needed to be here.” Still no reply. “I’ll be going now, Atsuya. Bye,” he said. He stood up and began to walk home.

Your cold heart nestles close in
Showing your unchanging smile

The moment Fubuki was about to open his door, he heard a faint “onii-chan!” in the distance. Huh? he turned towards where the voice came from. And there…
Stood Atsuya.

I’m continuing to live on here even now
I want to keep believing
That strength of yours encouraged me
We’ve made it this far
We’ve lived together this far

“Onii-chan!”
It was Atsuya at the age of 5… Fubuki rubbed his eyes just to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating. He wasn’t. Atsuya standing there is real. “Come on, onii-chan! Stop being a slowpoke!” Atsuya shouted. Fubuki smiled. He was just like that way then… he thought and walked closer towards Atsuya. The younger boy then ran towards some kind of slope and climbed it. Fubuki followed curiously.

Atsuya led him to a cliff overlooking the sea, the sunset far in the distance. Atsuya sat on the cliff’s edge, while Fubuki hesitantly sat down beside him. “Hey onii-chan…” Atsuya suddenly said. Fubuki turned towards him and saw a vision of him at 5 years old. He quietly gasped, tears clouding at the corners of his eyes. “Yeah?” young Fubuki asked. “Tomorrow’s our match, right?” Fubuki suddenly realized, this was a memory of the past. “Yup! And we’re gonna win it!” young Fubuki shouted.

Memories of you buried under this snow
They aren’t all full of loneliness and sorrow
Numb fingers shade out the light
And melts it with kind courage

This was the day before the match… The day before Atsuya and my parents died… Fubuki thought in sudden realization, Our birthday. Beside him, Atsuya smiled. “Of course we are! We’re just that awesome!” he shouted back, happiness and determination blazing in his stormy gray eyes. Young Fubuki laughed. Fubuki laughed as well… though he was also crying softly. Then suddenly… Atsuya and young Fubuki disappeared.

It should all work out before long
Knowing the meaning of perfect
That warmth made me realize
the real us
That’s why I’m no longer afraid

Fubuki gasped. That’s it? But this can’t end too soon…! I remember something else happened– “Onii-chan.”
Fubuki turned towards the voice, and saw Atsuya once again, this time in the age of 12. “A… Atsuya?” Fubuki managed, shocked. Atsuya nodded. “Yes, onii-chan. It’s me, Atsuya.” he touched the white scarf wrapped around his neck. “Thank you for returning my scarf… And thank you for being in one of the best teams in the world. Okaa-san and Oto-san are proud of you,” he said, smiling. Fubuki’s tears were now streaming down his face. “Atsuya…”

I’m continuing to live on here even now

“Also, onii-chan,” Atsuya said excitedly. Fubuki looked up, “Yes?” The pink-haired boy made his way to a pine tree near them. Fubuki curiously looked at the tree trunk and gasped.

I want to keep believing
That warmth made me realize
the real us
and the path we should continue on from now on

There, on the tree trunk, there carved a “Happy birthday onii-chan!” Fubuki rubbed his eyes. “I made this for you,” Atsuya said, smiling. Fubuki looked closer and saw a small “12th” between the words “happy” and “birthday”. “Atsuya…!” he said, wanting to hug the pink-haired boy. “Onii-chan, I have to go now,” Atsuya said sadly. Fubuki nodded sadly and looked at Atsuya. “Bye, Atsuya… And happy birthday,” he said. Atsuya nodded and started to fade. Fubuki sighed and turned around, only to hear a thump behind him. He turned around and saw a soccer ball lying in the snow. The white-haired boy laughed. “Atsuya never changed…”

Done. Finally. YES THIS IS INAZUMA <3 shot