Lower WTD West Spawn Rate

The spawn rate of WTD West should be lowered. I understand it’s meant to be more difficult, but this can be supplemented by other factors such as raised levels, more expansive move-sets (AoEs and more type coverage), and reducing the amount of ethers, apples, and revivers found.

I’ve been running the dungeon recently. I can cross the floor from one side to the other, and 4+ new enemies have spawned. I’ve left rooms just to watch 2 new enemies spawn in it. That’s far too much. I’ll pause by the stairs to use something and I’ll have a good 6 enemies to go back and fight by the time I’m done, and even more that spawn as I walk back to the stairs.

That is a lot. It reminds me of Skylift around its initial release. I recognise that this makes the dungeon a favourite among players, but if this wasn’t a problem, then we wouldn’t have this kind of nerf happen to other dungeons.

I have a number of anecdotes related to the spawn rate being too much, but I’m not putting them in this post because I’m afraid it’ll derail the conversation due to the various circumstances. The general story is the same - the spawn rate is too much right now.

I just checked the spawn rate and its only about one pokemon every 2 seconds, contrary to skylift’s release spawn rate where it was about four pokemon spawning every second.

The spawn rate is higher than average, but it’s nowhere near abrasive and if players find it difficult WTD East exists for that reason.

1 Like

It was mentioned on discord that there was more of an issue with Monster Houses in WTD, is that right?

1 Like

No. The issue was not with the monster houses - that was simply an anecdote to emphasise the situation.

As the name suggests though its a “training” dojo so higher spawn means you can actually train in there just saying :)