Make Defog Clear Weather

It wouldn’t though, since It already does remove traps ( and fog ). It has already been given a PMU-equivalent of the move’s effect along with the screens thing I believe.

If that was the main reason It probably would’ve been mentioned In any of the staff replies In the linked thread.

The main reason Is that It simply doesn’t make sense.

In response to it not making sense for defog to clear weather: why can a ferret, a rat, and numerous cats make use of electricity, shoot icy energy beams, and/or breathe fire ? why can a skunk explode and breathe fire? …why does moonlight heal more in sunny weather.

Pokemon are not animals and what moves they can or can’t learn Is a lot different then whether or not Defog shouldn’t be able to blow away the sun or rain clouds. Normal-types can learn a lot of moves to make up for their typing. A Skunk exploding Is rather In character If you ask me lol. And Moonlight heals more In sun because It’s a clone of Morning Sun, and there’s no other weather condition that would make sense for It to heal more In ( In the main games, the weather Is likely to be clear most of the time, so If It healed more In clear weather, that’d be OP ).

I don’t feel like because Pokemon “doesn’t use logic” that we should try to make defog clear weather It wouldn’t be able to In neither the main games or side games.

Idk, you might be confusing the effect. It clears traps which have been stepped on and are visible ( I don’t know how It reacts to traps placed via Items ). But I never use Defog so I could be wrong.

C9 Is still necessary because of the convenience. It’s just a lot more easier when speedrunning stuff to be able to just use C9 rather than deal with the delay of using a move each floor, especially If you have to switch.

Also, defog only clears fog, not all weather. But if you are implying only fogs get cleared, im on the same boat as you.

It already clears fog In PMU Is the thing. People would still use a Clear Rock even If Defog did clear all weather.

I still think rather than debating over whether or not Defog should be buffed, having C9 lock the weather to clear for a while when triggered would solve the Issue.