MAKE IT STOP! [A story by Effusus]

Sometimes, you are not aware of it, but there are at least one of you who have a life that loops infinitely, you can never notice… Here, I’ll tell you my never-ending story… that has a “very” happy ending.

Mayfly Metronome

August 15th, naturally, in my country, it’s summertime, but I have a few sets of school work to do, due to failing heavily. The heat was pouring down on me, I couldn’t take it, looks like this is what I have to suffer for doing such a thing.

I open the door of my house, and the first thing I see is my lady: Saber; my loyal dog. She was pregnant, and we were both very happy for her children, we played for a while outside, and headed outside the park. As usual, she sat down on the titter-totter, though she always had a problem tittering.

Suddenly, we here the resident cat and as she sees the feline, her hairs stand up and she chases the pesky cat, I reach for her as she ran through the streets, the pedestrian lane stoplight suddenly becomes red, I’m sure she gave a dark smile to me, and everything else becomes red, blood… blood everywhere, I started to choke, and I saw her body there. I looked for someone who could help me. I then see a hooded figure, he smiles in a demonic way, and says:

“What you see, is what you’ll get.”

I wake up from that horrible nightmare, I here the clicking of my metronome, as if it was mocking me from the event, and look beside me, Saber’s still there, she goes up the bed and licks my face, as if she was saying “You were cradling in your sleep.” I pat her head, and continue on outside the door and hurry to summer classes.

After that horrifying day in school, my mother forces me to give her a walk, and as she drags me to the same park, I tell her to stop, I suggest another road.

The road we went through was quiet industrious, a building was being made, suddenly, I heard a metal clank, and screaming from all directions, when I look, Saber suddenly pees on my shoe and I step back and she was hit by a wrecking ball, again with a horrible scene.

I gulped in air and couldn’t breath, a-again with all these events? H-how could that happen? That’s not possible, and as I reach for Saber’s cold-dead body, a black-hooded figure, similar to Death pushed me away.

“You wish you were sleeping, weren’t you? Unluckily, this isn’t a dream…”

I wake up from that horrible event, this time I need to find a way for Saber not to fade… I needed to protect her with my whole might, no matter how much it took.

After all the summer classes, I do the same routine, but I only give her a walk in a very short range, I kept close to swimming pool. Five hours… Nothing bad still happened, I think it was time to bring her back home.

As I get up, it was my best friend, and as I continue to say hi, Saber trips, the stairs break, and she falls from the two-storey height, again, it happened again! As I approached her body again, I realized something strange, what should have easily killed me, killed her instead, when it should have been me who disappeared.

For so many “days” it starts repeating like a mocking metronome, the same events, all with different reasons of deaths, but the ways she had to disappear would have disappeared soon, right?

I wake up again, the metronome was ticking in a faster beat, there was something wrong with time: It was August 18th, 2022; All those events were happening and I never grew up, but as I looked to my body, I had grown, it seemed that in the future, I was quite fond of wearing jackets, but why would I wear it in the summer heat, questions went through my head.

I decide to sleep a bit too early, and I had a dream, it was the first time when the strange events started happening. I see her, Saber, rushing off to the cat, I needed to end this cycle, I scream out loud:

“SABER!”

As I push her off the street, tears fell from her eyes as she saw the future me, and I got hit by the truck which should have hit her.

I still had the seven minutes of consciousness after that, suddenly, a memory pauses: I was in the farm where Saber and I grew up, suddenly, I see myself trip, I trip, and roll down a hill we were hiking I roll down as cuts came around me, and I fell to a rosebush, b-but, that never happened!

I used too much time on that memory, and eventually, the seven minutes were over, and how that memory existed still confused me.

After all this times, the events which she suffered, were instead suffered by me; strangely, if you check the local cemetery, you can see a strange grave with my name inscribed on it, with a date that ends in August 19th, 2022.

[hr][/hr]

So, waddya’ guys think, I had to shorten the story a bit here and there. But I think it came out good, right?