Missions Still Bugged After So Many Years?

I have a small question. Why haven’t obtaining missions each day been fixed yet? :< Why are players still having to AFK just to get missions? It seems a bit weird it hasn’t been fixed for a long while.

1 Like

I’ve always assumed this was an intentional feature to encourage playing more, tbh

If it is, that’s a pretty poor decision. Usually, when you make a necessary mechanic in a game locked behind something time-based, it’s already kinda iffy unless balanced well. But something time-based only when you’re online? That’s even more iffy, especially with a mechanic so highly miffed with randomness. It promotes sharing missions, sure, but at the same time, most people are forced to AFK for such an arbitrary thing, and that’s just a waste of resources on a computer.

I feel like the old system was better. The board would fill up every 24 hours, so when you logged on, you would have a board with new missions. Because of this, it takes away from the fun of logging in to find a new surprise, instead having to stay logged in in the background while you do other things. This would be extremely demotivating for newer players if they couldn’t get missions to expand their bag and storage with the side effect of getting a higher recruitment rate.

1 Like

I can see the logic there, but it just makes more sense from a game design standpoint if the mission board updates all the time.

Think of it like weekly events. Weekly events give players a reason to log in every week. Did you play the dodgeball event? It was pretty fun, and it gives you the funny tokens you use to buy the funny type items you can’t get from shops anywhere else. This is the kind of content that makes players want to play.

MMOs that are interested in keeping long-term players (which is all of them) implement multiple “tiers” of these kinds of events, where there is more reward for playing the less frequently the event is held. PMU is no exception: it has high-reward, low-frequency events like HCs; mid-reward, mid-frequency events like the weekly dungeons that give event tokens; and low-reward, high-frequency “events” from the mission board.

If you’ve played a mobile game that gives you rewards for logging in daily, this is why. But the mission board isn’t really doing its job if it only spawns missions for people who are already playing the game, is it?

2 Likes

Hey, I never said I agreed with how the mission board updated. I was just saying I believe how it’s done is intentional.

We didn’t mean to insinuate you weren’t in agreement. We were just saying it stinks if it was built like this. Sorry if we worded that poorly!

2 Likes