More Grimmy Items

My suggestion: Grimmy ethers and Grimmy rev seeds

by making the grimmy trap way worse, this will raise the precaution of all explorers and will offer nightmare fuel on large explorations making them have a recycle behavior for the enverioment.

Grimmy ethers: restore 3 pp and has a small chance to reduce one stat one level like grimmy berry

Grimmy rev seeds: revives you with 1 hp, no pp

no
all this will do is annoy people and force them to carry recycle orbs

6 Likes

For one side, yes, I agree, it makes the entire game experience significally worse in large scales.

For the other hand, it gives you a much more concerning threat to your resources, most experienced players with tight belt can simply tackle entire dungeons by just having to take precaution of their ammo supplies like ethers.

making most of any dungeon much more covered, having to dealth with anything else, like the other traps and enemies. If grimmy trap could grim your revivers supplies and ammo resources, it would give you a much harder time, even as an expert player.

Sticky traps only make one single item unusuable, Grimmy traps only target your endibles which most of the case isn’t… truly impactful. most dungeons offers both cleanse and recycles.

Taren chamber is already a nightmare and it dosen’t affect it very much exept for the ethers. since you have no revivers.

So having to double check your resources, even when you think you have everything covered… it would be a nice counter.

yeah, it will make begginer players have a more unforgiving time… but if you can pick up a recycle orb from the floor in almost any dungeon… is not something that truly make the game any more unplayable.

Grimy traps are basically just a minor annoyance and I don’t see why you’d want to make them more annoying. Annoying does not equal challenging, let alone good, game design.

• Making my reviver seeds grimy doesn’t mean much (just don’t die 4head), if all of my reviver seeds end up grimy, I can just recycle orb them back to normal, which is just a small waste of time.

• Your idea for grimy ethers just doesn’t work, as negative stats aren’t calculated currently, but even ignoring that part, I could swap my grimy ethers for non-grimy ones, which is, again, just a waste of time.

• Forcing me to carry one or two recycle orbs isn’t going to change the overall outcomes or difficulty of my runs, just make them take slightly longer, sometimes. Not to mention how easy it is to find recycle orbs, I could just use them as soon as I hit a grimy trap and most likely find another orb before the next trap.

In fact, I believe that this honestly would just make mobile scarfing comparatively even better than running dungeons normally, because, with a mobile scarf, I can essentially just ignore the entire dungeon and run from stairs to stairs. If I wasn’t running a mobile scarf, I would have to worry about my reviver seeds becoming useless and my ethers being weakened.

You even agree that this would make the game worse as a whole.

2 Likes

dont complain to staff about hc being too difficult if you really want this to happen.

Second, this doesn’t really make dungeons harder for most people, only beginners, as half of us just mobile scarf spam into the walls.

2 Likes
  • Some Grimmy traps and recycle orbs are literally useless in food themed events dungeons like IKEA , Sugary Sweetland and Easter HC which despite they exist. the mostly purpose is to hurt your berries and turn the grimmy that it’s… it’s like a joke almost. alone by the fact that food themed items don’t get grimmy, if they can grimmy food event items, otherwise i fail to see why we have recycle orbs there or grimmy traps to being with if they don’t do nothing.

• Yeah, won’t gonna make the game significally any harder, just more annoying.

• I’m not responsabilize in level design since i just want to rework a single trap, if a dungeon is bad or good it’s for how it was designed, the trap alone dosen’t make it any better or worse.

Well, getting recycle orbs are common but not guatanted, so the possibility exist and i would love to see someone get that kind of death.

It would roll a lower attack or special attack one single level (drop sighly) with the chance of that happening being 25 % when consumed, you still get 3pp

yeah, we know how much you value your TIME. you truly love to brag about it

It change not much really, you literally awnsered your own point there.

That’s really a solid point there.

• Mobile scarf literally break most dungeons, not complaining, having low health and belly for exchange of speed safe traveling it’s really usefull with the awknolege that you can be hitten on the walls if the enemies have area of attack and make you use a reviver seed if you couldn’t recharge your HP.

• Trap scarf exist.

• Yeah, worry about your supplies it’s really stressfull, you literally said it didn’t change much since you can get a recycle orb nearby anyways. so again, it’s situational.

I agree because begginer players gonna suffer more, in which you’re right, maybe the trap dosen’t deserve to change, maybe this has potencial for a new dungeon gimmick instead. no worth punishing new players more than the game already does.

But the trap itself in places like Ikea or suggary sweetland it’s like a really waste of time as well to be there along with recycle orbs by only function was aiming your berries

This started as a raw idea, just need pushes to the right direction to make it interesting.

I appreciate that you took the time to point the most strongest aspects i should reconsider. Just because this idea is not likely is not gonna stop me.

Highly unrelated x’d, I fail hc mostly because skill issues or the supplies never spawn in the first place. happened me once on summer island where ethers refuses to spawn for 6 floors. barely any traps involve.

With everything properly dicussed. Thank you!

This I agree with, hence I feel like, especially sweetland slice, it’s a piece of cake, this thing should go grimy. Same with the icecream and lollies. Boiled egg as well. But I don’t think this should affect revs, as these dungeons can be challenging for the beginners.

What are we trying to achieve from this?

Exactly, and you even agree that this really is just more of an annoyance and harmful to beginners, so why even bother changing it. As much as grimy trap isn’t that useful, it’s actually a really balance trap tbh.

2 Likes