/Moves, /Bst, and Other Command Suggestions

Several commands that I feel could better the PMU experience, and even help mitigate the errors with various Pokemon that still persist over the years, simply because there was barely a way for someone to check for them. I’ve created various mockups to showcase how some of these commands could work.

/bst
This command would show the Base Stats of the pokemon, the abbreviation for the stat accompanied by its number. This would help avoid mistakes like Rotom’s forms having the exact same stats as regular Rotom, along with the general use of quickly checking and comparing various Pokemon’s bst (though to help with the latter, perhaps you could be able to search for the bst of pokemon even if you dont have them, ex. /bst magikarp).

/moves
This would show a full list of the moves the pokemon could get by level-up, with the move name accompanied by the level it learns it at. This would help avoid outdated movesets, and in general be a nice quick way to check what moves you can learn.

/tutormoves
Like /moves, but displays the names of tutor moves instead, along with not having the level-up number next to it since its not level-up :V

/eggmoves
Also like /moves, this time displaying the egg moves you can learn.

/tms
Again like /moves, but with TMs and HMs.

I also saw someone ingame suggest /types, though I can’t remember for what purpose (like just showing your mon’s types, or that plus weaknesses and strengths)
either way, any feedback about this and perhaps more command suggestions are appreciated~

I like this idea! These commands would especially be useful for newer players, or if you’d like to quickly check something specific.

1 Like

I love this idea and I 100% agree, especially with the /bst.
However, with /tms, /moves etc, a bit of a worry is that when you wanna look at the moves it wants to learn people may complain about the chat moving down every time someone speaks? I don’t know that’s my only worry, though there’s a way around that as tedious as it is each time you wanna check. Though regardless I agree with them all!

2 Likes

Oh my gawd a new forum post
Excuse my garbage opinions, I don’t really find these commands too necessary ( the move ones mainly ) even If I have wanted a /types command before <:)

You can find It all by looking up whatever Pokemon you need to find any of that on, It would be easier to find exactly what you’re looking for ( Ctrl+F OP, the TMs list will always be especially long ). Also, If you’re trying to scroll through It and keep getting snapped back down cause of the chat that’d be annoying. Yes there’s an option to disable that but I never like having to disable then re-enable to look at something. Having It on In the first place makes It Impossible to scroll down until you turn It off.

If PMU ever gets a more refined look I can see all of this added In some sort of new GUI window, but who knows when that’s going to happen. In the end, I’m kind of Indifferent. I wouldn’t mind these being added, I would probably end up using all of them. Still, It’s just more efficient to go to a Pokemon wiki on teh Interwebs.

I’m just out of the loop on this specific statement:

Hau.

2 Likes

completly agree on the stat one but for the moves just google it or something its 2019 reeeeeeeee but ye stats could be useful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Take my vote.

I assume by opening up the possibility of players cross-referencing information pulled directly from the game with external lists like Serebii’s.

I have to say I disagree with “just google it.” You can do the exact same thing for BSTs, nearly every fansite maintaining a pokedex containing learnsets offers the BST as well. This feature would exist for convenience, and not forcing players to open an external site for learnsets I believe it could accomplish that.

I will, however, agree that I’d prefer it to print to a custom GUI rather than dump data in chat which can very easily be lost to the scroll. It doesn’t need to be anything too fancy; something like the window from /chatrules or the move log is more than satisfactory IMO.

1 Like

oh wow, I didn’t expect this many replies overnight xD
I guess I should clarify sum stuffs I had in mind while making this suggestion; A lot of this was from me being annoyed that, when using resources like Shards, there’s a likely possibility a move you want isn’t programmed in the first place, missing from the data due to a dev’s mistake; Such as Volt Tackle not being in Pikachu’s tutor shard arsenal, despite being shown on various pokemon sites in their UsUm section that it is now able to learn that move from a tutor.

Basically, since these commands would pull from PMU’s pokemon data, someone could easier see if there’s been a mistake or not in the code (which also be more efficient than calling a staff 900 times, since a bunch of players could notice multiple pokemon move mistakes-- instead of the current situation, where only 1 move mistake gets fixed since there’s no way for a player to know what other moves could be missing).

1 Like

Idk, I for some reason was just assuming It wouldn’t/couldn’t be directly pulled.
I guess I’m down for this addition as long as It Isn’t dependent on the chat. Pokemon Info could even be put In new explorer kit tabs so It has more use outside of the chat and sometimes the party tab.

1 Like

even as ancient as PMU is, i’m pretty sure it has parts where it directly pulls stuff from data haha (probs most obvious one would be /charid?)

I do agree with the info being put in a new tab or some sort of ‘Team’ info section though, I understand how many of these would clutter chat xD;

2 Likes

+1 to Del’s idea on using more explorer tabs #givecountersomelove

1 Like

I feel like a pop-up summary box could also work since that has scroll options as well. If extended and moves were able to be viewed, you could click on the moves and see information on that move. Though, there’s not much affect for the BST…

However, Deleca’s option allows you to continue playing the game while checking things, so…