Nerf cursed body!

Sealing moves is a very powerful and detrimental effect, right now stuff like cursed body can seal multiple moves and leave you completely defenseless if you get unlucky, and kinda guaranteeing a defeat sooner or later.
People never really minded thier existence due to gems blocking sealing, but when that’s not available its a undeniable problem that forces the use of safe guard.

I do not believe such a extremely game changing ability is healthy for the game and really limits the creativity of both the player (having to bring something to counter it) and staff (having to double check and re think pokemon that posses it to avoid creating unfair scenarios)
Move sealing should get a nerf of some kind, perhaps being limited to only sealing one move?

That would also make it consistent with the original game! :wigglyjoy:

Sealing only one move at a time is how I always thought it should’ve been. If I recall correctly, it’s already like that in the main games, so why not in PMU?

The only issue with this is that the foe-seal orb seals two enemy moves, so would making this change inadvertently affect how the orb works?

Since Kirk didn’t just respond to the forum post:

Although to me It’s odd he couldn’t make It work. “Sealed” Itself Is a status condition, Disable Is a move that seals a move, which also Is a status condition, and Disable can only affect one move already

If they can ever get It to work though I agree with changing It

3 Likes