New Building Suggestion - Collector's Cache

There are so many family items its insane and for those who are collectors at heart probably cry at how many items there are compared to storage space (even if you have it maxed out I assume its not enough space for them all + your normal everyday use items or other things).

So a solution could be to have a the Collector’s Cache Building run by a Meowth! This building location would act similar to Kangaskhan Storage but only for family items!

How it would work is you go up to the Meowth NPC and buy your first Cache. Now one Cache is able to hold one of every family item. This way you can declutter your storage while not having to throw away family items! If you have a duplicate of an item you already put in the Cache you would not be able to put it in the Cache. You would have to buy a second Cache which would be different collection.
I’m not sure what a good limit for how many Caches people could buy but 3 sounds like a decent amount? Additionally you would only be able to unlock the ability to buy extra Caches if you rank up to a certain rank.

TLDR; Idea of having a new building called Collector’s Cache where you can store one of every family item. Multiple of the same item cannot be in one Cache. First Cache is not given buy default, must be bought. Multiple Cache are able to be bought after reaching certain ranks.

Really like the idea! I’m not sure how easy this is due to PMU code being old and hard to edit, but if a new section wasn’t possible, maybe adding different categories to storage would be great, like in the main games.

Some examples I can think of, and are quite simplified are:

Consumibles (anything that can be consumed, from from food to TMs) Held Items, Valuables (anything that sells for Poké) Family Items others and Favorites.

Hoping this can get implemented at some point :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Honestly, I too like the premise of the idea. Family items can take up so much storage space (I know from personal experience on my first account), and end up in all sorts of spots in the storage list. Having a dedicated space to hold them would be nice.

That said I do also think most of us are never going to need every single family item ever; we tend to have a few favorites each of us run, and the rest of the family items might as well be vendor junk to us. The only really practical use of this sort of feature would be for those who collect things just for the sake of collection, and I’m not sure how many people would take up the task of sinking all that Poke into every mon’s 3* item, let alone whatever cost the cache itself would bring. (Running some numbers in my head, it comes out to roughly 800 * 5k = 4m Poke just to make 3* items for every mon.)

We’d also have to consider the possibility of more fam items being added in the future, which would likely require modifying the cache’s code in some way. It’d add more work to the already lengthy list of things that need development time.

However - maybe in the future, if we get around to revamping item storage, we could consider making separate categories to better organize different categories of things (as Coki mentioned). I don’t think we’d go for a completely separate item storage space outside of Kangaskhan. Thanks for the suggestion, though! ^_^

2 Likes