Pan's Map Masterpost

Hello everyone, I’ve started this thread as I’ve been messing around with the PMU Toolkit and wanted to share the maps I’ve made so far. I’ll be updating this thread as I make more maps, so please keep an eye out for them! :joy:

Before I do show them, I’d like to give another huge thanks to Char for letting me use the Toolkit; I simply would not have been able to make them without it!

Map Dump #1

[spoilerDesert Town:us3t3r31]

[ul]Music: Northern Desert (PMD 2)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1wyLJlpQuc[/ul]

I wanted to see if I could make a Savannah themed town after seeing the Brown houses in one of the tilesets. I understand that the tiles that I used for the edge of the town are supposed to mark the edges of bodies of water but I chose them over the traditional cliff tile as they gave a better view of the canyon background tiles. It"s not the best but I"m pretty pleased with how this one turned out!

[/details]

[spoilerSpinda Cafe?:us3t3r31]

[ul]Music: Kecleon Shop (PMD: GtI)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUzXlaJ0Imo[/ul]

This was an attempt to make a more exciting Spinda Cafe but it honestly just turned out pretty bland. Plus The perspective of the walls is a little weird. But I personally really like the transitional tiles, they"re the one redeeming feature of this map!

[/details]

[spoilerDream Team Base:us3t3r31]

[ul] Music: Bubbles Shining Over the Sea (PMU 2)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL4mJHaxGLM[/ul]

By far my favourite map! As the tile suggests, this is the kind of base I"d be happy to live in if I ever ended up in the PMD world. There"s a few missing tiles here and there that I need to fix and I probably went a bit crazy with the greenery but, overall, I"m extremely satisfied with this map.

[/details]

And that’s it for now. Thanks for checking my maps out, I hope you all enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them! :la:

Great maps you have here! I especially liked the Dream Team Base one :'D It has this nice and peaceful air to it~ Keep up the good work!

Woah, great maps! I think they all look awesome! I agree with Wiz too with the Dream Team Base. It looks like a real serene map. o: Great job! :la:

Thanks guys, I’m glad that you like them! :joy:

These are very nice !! :joy:
I really like the Desert City and Team Deam base, they’re very nice and reflect the atmosphere very well. :joy:
Keep up the great work !! :la:

Oh my goodness!
I love all of these maps~.
Especially that ‘Dream Team’ one!

Wow, Pantali! These look really great!!

My favorite map out of the bunch is has to be the Desert town!
You conveyed your “Savannah Outpost” feel very well! I like how the grass is growing mostly around the houses, as if , even though the community is lacking water, they still want to keep a nice lawn. xD
And it just looks really nice that way!

There are a couple errors, make sure you check your inner-cliff-corners! They are an easy miss! Also, I realize those “savannah” tiles are not very easy to work with, so I won’t fault you too much for the awkward missing corners and line-ups. They are actually easy to look over without noticing!

Tips:
I would add some smaller rocks and stuff to the map! The area in-between the houses seems a little barren. The cliff tiles you used, should also have some dust kinda detailing available as well!
[hr][/hr]
Very interesting Cafe place! I could easily imagine this being placed right inside one of those houses on the previous map!
I do think this place is lacking in details though… indoor maps are always difficult, due to lack of tiles, but maybe some rugs or boxes around the floor could be nice!
I actually have to disagree with your stair choice leading up to the stage area, I find it a little odd, but that may just be me. I generally use the bridge type tile, to kinda lead up onto there!

Also, just be careful of cutting off corners! If you see a flat/sharp edge to something, it is most likely an error. These tiles are meant to blend seamlessly, without allowing players to really know where a tile starts or ends.
[hr][/hr]
This is a super cute map!
I love how the Chiko houses is sort of nestled right in the middle of the trees and wildlife!
I would honestly love to have a sort of location like this within Exbel! ^-^

Keep an eye out for those sharp corners! A few locations along the path, the flowers in the top right and bottom left corners. I also think that try to keep style consistent, PMD tiles and non-PMD tiles have a very different shading and art style, making the mixing of them look a little odd. Some people don’t mind it, but I find that they stick out usually.
[hr][/hr]

I am really loving the idea of your maps! Some very unique looking houses! I hope that we will be seeing more from you! Best of luck and happy mapping! :D

Ahh, sorry I’ve taken so long to reply, had a load of assignments dropped on me during the last few weeks and I’ve been mad busy with them. Now things have eased up a tiny bit so I hopefully won’t take an eon to reply again!

Thank you both so much! I’m so glad you liked them!

Hey Char, thanks for giving me such detailed feedback! I do agree with you for the most part, there are quite a few errors on the maps and I intend to fix them at some point in the future and the Savannah and the Cafe do need little more detail.

I am, however, one of those people who doesn’t think the shading on the non-PMU tilesets is too jarring, but I agree it’s pretty noticeable with the last map; I really did go mental with the flower tiles! :': But now I’ve got the desire to make a super flowery map out of my system, I’ll use them more sparsely in future.

Regardless, thank you again for all the feedback and I’m glad that you liked my maps! :joy: