Paradise Awaits

Prologue - Paradise
[i]Paradise, I suppose you’ve heard of the word before? Guess so.

I’ve always dreamt of living in paradise. You may say it’s silly, but it’s not. You live in a world where color, and happiness exist.

Me? I live in eternal night. Endless gray skies. Nothing but ruins and creatures of the night left. Nothing but me left.

Yes, it was the end of my race here, as I am the only one of my race left, but who knows? Someone else might show up.

In days where I would feel lonely, I’d start talking to myself. Though, day never exists in this gray world.Â

I never knew of life before these gray skies showed up. I have lived through this life for 18 years. And I have only but one companion.

Her name is Blackwing. Once a wolf who attacked me, now a companion and close friend. When I met her, she was howling, howling at the non-existent moon.Â

When I touched her forehead, I granted her black wings and speech.

I would never feel lonely with Blackwing with me, but I am still unsure about finding this “paradise” I am seeking of.

Now, you may notice it is impossible for me to think of paradise when I don’t even know of life before eternal night.

I scavenged. I looked in every place possible. Every destroyed town, every abandoned house, every fallen city. Everywhere.

There was a house in one town that I call “home”. Me and Blackwing would always rest there, planning where to go next, with the help of a map I found in one of the many places I visited before I met Blackwing. Soon, though, we would have scavenged all the places in this region, and it shall be the time to move on to the next. And when all the places are scavenged there, we’ll move on to the next, and so on. It’s a futile cycle.

Everyday, or every time I wake up, I would always see Blackwing sleeping. Somehow, she’s a late sleeper, and I take my time to look at myself, wondering how I ended up like this. I take my time to look at a mirror, to see a human, with long blond hair, crimson red eyes, with a long eyelash below each of them. I look in the mirror to see myself wearing a white robe, and a gray sash slung across it.

I admit, I may look like a girl, but I’m actually a boy. Talk about gender confusion.

I let my wings spread out, six wings with a heavenly but faint glow sprouting out from my back. For some reason, I don’t know where I got my wings in the first place. It’s like I’m a freak.Â

But when I think about it, I thank no one in particular for giving me these wings.Â

Blackwing would wake up soon. I have to get ready. Paradise, we shall meet.

We shall meet, even if it means dying in the process.[/i]
[hr][/hr]
This one fails. :>_<:
Anyways, here’s what he looks like:

I’m not telling you his name yet. >:3

owo Cool stuff you have here.

This reminds me of a winged wolf RP character I had written for earlier in the year.
I think I might go write something, I’m inspired. :la:

asdf owo I ish flattered naow.
[hr][/hr]
Chapter 1 - Phoenix

[i]Paradise will come…

It will show its face to you…

For you…[/i]

~*~

…are being attacked by a giant frog. The six-winged human looked down at the oversized frog. Blackwing flew next to him. “So, we’re gonna fight that frog, right?” the winged wolf asked, looking at him. “Apparently, yes,” he replied, looking at Blackwing. Blackwing twitched an ear when she heard the frog grunt, and some kind of fluid flew out of its nose, heading straight for both of them. He and Blackwing barely got out of the way. The fluid flew to the ground, disintegrating a rock.

“Oh no, it did not just shoot death boogers at us!” Blackwing growled. He chuckled slightly. Blackwing laughed a little as well, that is until the frog unleashed its tongue at them. They dodged again, and only then did they notice the frog’s tongue had spikes embedded in them. “Who invented the killer frog, again?” he asked. Blackwing just looked at him. “No idea.”

“Ok, then, here’s the plan,” he said, “FLY AWAY!” He immediately flew towards the gray mountains beyond. Blackwing followed, catching up to him quickly.

~*~

He landed on the peak of the mountain, Blackwing beside him.

“Ah, so you have come. I thought you’d back down like the others,” a voice said.

He looked at the nothingness in front of him. “Yeah, yeah. So, what’s the task?”

“Get me a Phoenix. Particularly the one living in the ruins of a cathedral.”

A faint glare painted his face. “Fine.” With a flap of his wings, he flew towards the cathedral, Blackwing following him.

~*~

He spotted the crumbled cathedral in the distance.

Blackwing looked at him. “Why’d you take off all of a sudden back there? In the mountains?” she asked. He looked at the wolf. “Did you not hear the voice?” he asked. Blackwing shook her head. He didn’t reply, but instead he focused on the cathedral. “There’s a Phoenix living there. And the voice wants me to hunt it.”

Blackwing nodded, “So, after we–” A screech was heard in the distance. “…That must be the Phoenix,” Blackwing said. “It isn’t. The screech came from behind me,” he replied.

As they landed in front of the cathedral, Blackwing looked around. “So, do we just enter or something?” she asked. He nodded and walked in.

Scattered debris lay everywhere. Pieces of cloth were scattered, some being invaded by moths. A crumbling staircase led up to the attic of the cathedral, supposedly where the Phoenix nested. Blackwing looked at the stairs. “It doesn’t look like it can hold us…” she observed. “Are you forgetting that we have wings?” he said, then floated towards the attic. Blackwing snorted, then followed him.

As soon as they arrived, a bloodcurdling scream was heard, coming from behind a broken mirror. In the corner sat a cluster of shattered glass. Burnt debris lay next to it.

At first, he wondered how the debris got burnt, until a flicker of fire showed itself in the corner. He immediately flew towards it, seeing a flame-red bird. The bird, or the Phoenix, let out another scream as it darted towards the ceiling. Blackwing darted after it, delivering a bit to its neck. The Phoenix fell to the ground, dead.

He looked at the flame bird. “Now, let’s go back.”

~*~

They soon arrived at the mountain, greeted immediately by the voice.

“Welcome back, Terumi. I see you have the Phoenix.”

“Who ever said my name was Terumi?” he asked, a glare appearing on his face.

“Why, it’s a name I’ve thought of for you. Now. Drop the Phoenix and leave.”

The glare disappeared from his face. “Just give me the reward first.”

“Hand over the Phoenix first.”

“…Heh.” He took off, followed by a surprised Blackwing. “We might revive this Phoenix and make it a companion. We’re needing a fire-breathing bird to protect us from oversized frogs,” he said. Blackwing nodded. He heard another screech from behind him. He turned around, only to see a ghostly figure on the ground, following him in tremendous speed.

“We gotta fly faster!” Blackwing said, flying ahead of him. He nodded, and swooped down below Blackwing, only to fly back up in front of her. The ghostly figure let out another screech, but this time, it said, “HAND OVER THE PHOENIX!

“Like heck I’d give the bird to you!” he shouted back. The figure screeched yet again, and, somehow, floated towards him. He barely dodged the figure’s claws, who had tried to strike at his face.

Blackwing growled at the figure, then bit its neck. The figure screamed, then disintegrated. Both of them looked at where the figure once was. “Did it… die?” Blackwing asked. He shook his head. “It’ll come back. For now, we gotta fly as far as we can.” Blackwing nodded, and both of them flew off into the distance.
[hr][/hr]

Here’s chapter 1. xD I suck at making long chapters.

[hr][/hr]

RANDOMEDITYAYZ:
I made Chapter 2. o3o Problem?

[hr][/hr]

Chapter 2 - Aphrodi

[i]Time…

It has taken away many lives.

Though in this event, everyone died… at the same time.

No one will ever know the chronological mysteries of “time”…[/i]

~*~

The wind howled through the valley, creating a lonely symphony that reached him and Blackwing’s ears.

“Uhh… It’s getting creepy…” Blackwing muttered. He looked at the wolf. “Remember, I spent about 18 years living in this gray world. You got to get used to it,” he said, then looked forward, the flame bird in his hands.

Blackwing nodded silently, then followed after him. Soon enough, they arrived in the house, only to see it ruined. What’s left of the house was wooden pieces. Their precious map was torn to bits. A pair of huge footprints in the middle of the house indicated a dragon had destroyed it.

“Dragons? I thought they were extinct…” he said, nearing the two footprints. “And since there’s only two of them… I bet the dragon jumped on the house and took off immediately. But the only thing is, why would the paper be torn to pieces when the dragon just jumped on the house?”

“Dunno…” Blackwing said, sighing.

He just stared at the footprints, then took off, not saying a word. Blackwing sighed and followed. “By the way… How come I never knew your name?” she asked. He froze(but he’s still flying), then shook his head and continued going to nowhere in particular.

Blackwing sighed once more, then flew after him.

~*~

[i]My name… I want to tell everyone my name so much…

But my name… is…

…Aphrodi…[/i]

“Blackwing.” he said, looking at the wolf next to him. “Yeah?” Blackwing replied. “About my name. It’s… Aphrodi…”

“Aphrodi? That’s… a nice name…” Blackwing said, then continued flying onward.

Aphrodi then heard a roar in the distance, followed by a flash of violet. Suddenly, a tail knocked Aphrodi out of the air. He landed in a heap of dust, temporarily blinding him.

Blackwing saw this and got an idea. She shouted, “Hey dragon! Get your purple butt over here and chase me!”

The dragon let out a low growl, then chased the flying wolf. Blackwing smirked - who said wolves can’t smirk? - and dived towards the ground. Aphrodi looked at the wolf being chased by the dragon. Before Blackwing crashed towards the ground, with a swift flap of her wings, she swooped upwards. The dragon, however, wasn’t so lucky, and slammed face-first into the ground.

Aphrodi then flew towards Blackwing. “Let’s get outta here,” he said, then flew off.

~*~

[i]No one will ever call me “winged human” ever again.

I have revealed my identity.

I am…

Aphrodi.

The survivor of the gray skies.[/i]

~*~

Soon enough, they arrived at some plateau with a huge disk embedded in it.

“Aphrodi… What is this place?” Blackwing asked. Aphrodi looked at the wolf, then at the disk.

“The Prism Disk,” Aphrodi muttered. “Prism Disk? Why’d you call it that?” Blackwing asked. Aphrodi never took his eyes off the disk, “You see the seven holes in each side? If you put flamestones of different colors, they say something beautiful will appear.”

“Something… beautiful?” Blackwing said, confused. “But there’s nothing beautiful here! Only endless gray skies…”

“I know. We should find some flamestones and see what the ‘something beautiful’ is,” Aphrodi said. Blackwing nodded, and they both flew off to the south, towards the ruins of a crumbling mine.

[hr][/hr]

I really do suck on writing long chapters. XD

Aaaaand here’s chapter 3. 8D

[hr][/hr]
Chapter 3 Part 1 - Flamestone

I wonder…

What is this “beautiful thing” the Prism Disk has kept concealed?

Besides, why has no one but me and Blackwing bother to find the colored flamestones?

Mysteries, why must they be so… mysterious?

~*~

Aphrodi and Blackwing soon arrived at the ruins of the mine. Rocks lay everywhere, and some broken mining tools lay on the corner. “It’s going to be dark in there,” Blackwing murmured. Aphrodi just smirked, then walked inside. Blackwing looked confusedly at Aphrodi, then sighed and followed.

‘Is it me, or are Aphodi’s wings are actually… glowing?’ Blackwing thought as they entered the pitch-black mine. Aphrodi looked back at Blackwing. “See. My wings are pretty useful,” he said, then kept on walking. “Also, look out for anything out of place. Like a different-colored stone or something. Because it’s most likely a flamestone.”

Blackwing nodded as they continued on in the faint glow of Aphrodi’s wings.

[hr][/hr]

I’m lazy. xD Chapter 3 Part 2 will come… soon. Also, the italics button’s hating on me. So, no italics in this part. xD