PMU Dungeon Music Loop Fix Project

Hello,

I have gone and fixed up the looping of all dungeon tracks in the Exbel region, as well as certain supplementary dungeon tracks. The adjustments involve the trimming of each audio track at the beginning and end. Previously, most audio tracks would fade out, followed by seconds of silence before restarting. This is no longer the case.

Note that, due to issues regarding the engine’s audio handling, a perfect loop is currently not possible. Tracks will hang for roughly half a second before relooping, regardless of the audio file itself. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed. In the meantime, however, I still believe that my changes create a marked improvement.

The collection of audio files can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QgPdMQUV8ASISN_pN33qCzschzFq7hI2?usp=sharing

To install, simply copy all files in the “Release” folder into the "Music’ folder in PMU’s directory, overwriting when asked. I would appreciate having others test the changes out and give feedback.

A comprehensive list of tracks modified can be found here:
Dungeon Manifest.txt (4.6 KB)

Tracks that were skipped are used only as supplementary tracks, either in secret rooms, clearings, or end rooms, and were also deemed to be too difficult to loop in a satisfying way.

If reception is positive, I will likely continue with Winden’s dungeons, and so on.

This is really cool. I hope the staff see this and implement it!

3 Likes

The second batch of tracks is finished, and can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1zLFhJ9_YNdoGQuQCdMJLTDNDfB1-k4m-

This batch includes the entirety of Winden’s Dungeons. This time around, I have included the manifest in the folder itself.

Note that discussion is ongoing with the team in regards to tracks with cut intros. As of right now, they are not being officially introduced into the server’s database, but you are still free to install them manually. Tracks with cut intros are marked in the manifest with (!).

Additionally, the Exbel batch has been officially adopted (in part). If you want these files, you will either need to wipe your PMU music folder, or do a manual install using the folders provided.

Next on the list in Tanren, which includes the behemoth that is Tanren Chambers.

4 Likes