Pokemon: A World for Us All REMAKE [Misc. Info]

This is a thread relating to the RP by the same title. It contains folklore, Mewtales, history, culture, and geography. If you have ideas for a Mewtale or folklore, PM them to me!

Demon Folklore/Mewtales
[spoilerShinora and the Demon:3ltag3q5]Once there was an adventurer by the name of Shinora. He went to a lot of places and treasure seemed to spawn at the bottom of his paws.

One day, Shinora happened to be walking along a particular road. On that road, he met a demon wearing an old tattered cloak. Try as he might, Shinora couldn"t see what pokemon it was. The demon asked him if he had any food. He didn"t and told the demon so and continued to walk down the road.

A little while later, he encountered the demon again. The process repeated itself, and he continued to meet the demon. He ended up promising it that he would bring food the next day. A pact was formed and the demon was gone for the day.

The next day came, and Shinora brought no food. The demon didn"t show up either. But when he tried to leave the path, he couldn"t. The price for breaking his promise was now obvious. He was destined to walk the same path forever.
(Credits to Lila for this story.)

[/details]

[spoilerThe Wealth of Xemage:3ltag3q5]Once, many eons ago, a great Umbreon by the name of Xemage was the ruler of the region. King Xemage was an honest and fair ruler, and he had many riches. His vault was lined with silver and his chests were made from gold. Jewels adorned every object in the castle. Arceus had also blessed him with a strong son and three beautiful daughters, as well as a beautiful wife. Lord Xemage was undoubtedly the happiest "mon alive.

But one day, demon slayers of the Korashin clan came and they raided his castle. Every gem was stripped from what ever it was given to, the golden chests hauled away for the usage of the mortals, and the silver brutally ripped from the vault walls. However, Lord Xemage did not easily surrender. In fact, he didn"t surrender at all, not even when he faced death in the cold, emotionless face of the head of the Korashin clan.

The head of the clan of demon slayers, a female Umbreon by the name of Shorin, asked Lord Xemage a small question before killing the Umbreon: “How does it feel? To have every item of wealth stripped from your home? To die knowing that only your wealth made you a king? To look death in the face?”

Lord Xemage only laughed at the female. “You honestly thought my gems and other things made me happy? And made me feel like a king? Foolish mortal.”

Shorin snarled at him, annoyed at his comment. “Then what made you a king? What was your wealth?!”

“You mean what is my wealth,” the good King corrected, smirking, “and my family is what made me a king. They escaped while you were trying to subdue me. They are the wealth of Lord Xemage, not silly little shining stones.”

Angered at this, the Korashin slew the ruler of our region. But the words he said haunted her mind. Withour my clan, what else do I have? The demon slayer then cherished her clan until the end of her days.

[/details]

[spoilerXebila and the Elder:3ltag3q5]A long time ago, after the death of the late Lord Xemage, his youngest daughter, an Espeon by the name of Xebila, was in need of a place to stay. An elderly Mightyena agreed to let her stay in his hut, as long as she kept the hut in order and looked after his grandsons. Xebila agreed to do so, and her life as a common pokemon began.

Now, the Mightyena"s grandsons were Eevee cubs, and they were a rowdy bunch, but only when their old grandfather had retired for his nap. Day after day, they would fight and cause a giant mess. When Xebila came, they acted no different. In fact, they may have even been worse. They constantly mocked her, used her tail as a plaything, and often threw things at her. Despite this, she wouldn"t tell the old Dark-type.

One day, one of the cubs grabbed a vase during one of their fights and threw it at Xebila when she tried to intervene. The fragile object shattered on the Espeon"s face, leaving various cuts. The noise of shattering woke the elder, who stumbled into the room.

Upon seeing the cubs and what they had done, the elder"s rage gushed forth. “How dare you treat a guest in a manner such as this?! I let her stay here out of the goodness of my heart and you act like terrors! You bring shame on the clan name!”

He sent his grandsons to do Arceus-knows-what and apologized to Xebila. “They would do good to learn to respect those around them, they would.”

Xebila placed her tail on the old one"s shoulder. “They"ll make you proud one day, I"m sure.”

From that day onward, the two were great friends, although both were hiding a secret from the other. Xebila had neglected to tell the elder that she was a demon and the elder had failed to tell her that he was the former head of the Korashin clan. Sometimes, fate wants two enemies to be the best of friends…

But that was not the case with Xebila and the ancient Mightyena. The ancient, despite his many years, could still smell the scent of demons and knew Xebila was one of his clan"s enemies when they first met. Yet the old one failed to muster up the expected hatred for her. But his daughter, Shorin, the slayer of Lord Xemage, was due to visit her sons in a few days. So the ancient had to tell the Espeon.

On a day when the cubs were outside and out of earshot, the old one began to talk to her. “My daughter"s coming home to visit,” he began, “but she"s not one for visitors.”

“Is that so?” Xebila replied. “It"s a shame.”

“It is, but she has a hatred for anyone that"s different than us, just like the rest of the clan…” The ancient hoped the Espeon would understand.

“…I see.”

“I"ll miss you, friend.”

“I"ll miss you too, old one.”

“Get going, before I start crying.”

“Goodbye.” And that was the end of a friendship, destroyed by hatred…

[/details]

[spoilerThe first demons:3ltag3q5]Once, many eons ago, in the center of the region, many pokemon lived together. But when a plague came and threatened their homes, many pokemon set out in search of a cure. Eventually, they came across a spring only meant for legendaries.

A Celebi spoke to them and told them that the water could cure any ailment, but the cost for any "mon to touch it was their life, or the soul of a close releative. The questing pokemon offered up their lives, and the Celebi said that they would die in due time. So they took the cure back to their homes, waiting for their deaths.

Unknown to them, the Celebi granted them an elongated life and strange powers as a reward for their selflessness.

[/details]

Mortal Folklore and Mewtales

Coming as soon as I get ideas~

Half-Demon Folklore and Mewtales
Sadly, Half-demons don"t have much of a childhood to speak of, so they create their own stories.
Common themes in Half-Demon stories

[ul]Classic Cinderella-type stories
Rags-to-riches stories
Romeo and Juliet-type stories
Stories about undying love
Stories about life
Stories about perseverance
Stories about courage[/ul]

Slight science.
Demons and mortals aren"t much different from each other, physically. However, demons age much slower than mortals do, once they reach around 18 years of life. From then on, after every 52 years, a demon"s body ages a year.

If two half-demons mate, they have a slight possibility of creating a full blooded demon, or a full-blooded mortal.
[spoilerthe punnet square:txei53sa]

[/details]

Geography

This is a map of all the registered towns and cities of the region, the blue star being the capital. Black dots are areas that don"t care what you are and forbid any racial-related bloodshed. Red dots are areas with a demon majority and will turn a blind eye to the death of a mortal if said mortal was a demon-slayer. Pink-purple dots are mortal populated areas that won"t mind the death of a demon if a demon-slayer"s the one that killed the demon. [Ignore the black under the colored dots]

Demon-Slayer Requirements
Although most demon-slayers are born into a clan, any ordinary mortal can become a demon-slayer through intense training. The training includes learning how to use a weapon to the fullest, learning to expect the unexpected, learning how to fight like a primordial beast, and learning how to be merciless. The end of said training is where demon-slayer clans differ however, as the ending of the training has the participants have to kill a bound demon. The clans of demon-slayers claims that although the training is good, it robs the participants of their honor.