Pokemon HG/SS Competitive Run

Pokemon HG/SS Competitive Run

Suggest a Date for a Battle Royale! Post! 8D

Heya, after a challenge from SuperSwampert45 to do a side by side run of HG/SS. Then we got others to join us in our new epic journey of Johto.

Players Involved

[SuperSwampert45]
Name: John
FC:
-Chikorita

[Agunimon]
Name: Fletchr
FC: 1034 - 6975 - 6449
-Quilava

[Luli]
Name: Reika
FC:
-Totodile

[CynderTheKid]
Name: Cynder
FC: 2409 - 0862 - 3624
-Totodile

[Chaotix Bluix]
Name: Nerf
FC:

[Ribbon]
Name: Ribbon
FC:
-Cyndaquil

[houndor1]
Name: Dusk
FC:

Battle Information

We will be holding regular battles after every two gyms.
No grinding after you beat the gym.
You may continue training after you have finished the battle.
No training via trading over to another game.
No trading from other games. (Only fellow players.)
You may battle against a fellow player any time you wish.
(Hint: If you want an advantage against others in the regular battles, I suggest you keep your Pokemon hidden.)

Notice: PFFFFTTTTT. Since we"re all breaking the rules, we might as well just do battles for fun!

The battles will go in a familiar “Battle Tourney” like fashion from one of the Emerald Battle Frontier faculties.
There will be two separate tourneys. The two players from each tourney who don"t make it to the final round will be in a separate tourney than the winners of the first round.

Round 1

Tourney 1: Player 1 -> <- Player 2
Tourney 1: Player 3 -> <- Player 4

Tourney 2: Player 5 -> <- Player 6
Tourney 2: Player 7 -> <- Player 8

~ ~

Round 2

Tourney 1: Player X -> <- Player Y

Tourney 2: Player Z -> <- Player W

Tourney One

Haven"t Battled Yet! Progress Will Be Recorded Later!

Best of luck guys and may the best trainer prevail!

just a review, are we havin the tourneys on PO, or actual wifi? (As you know, no ds wifi. i got PO though, lol.)

We should also have a huge battle royale after we all beat the pokemon league. just to see who is the TRUE champion of johto. >:3

If you don’t have WiFi, I think we can replicate the teams on PO. Otherwise, we’re using Wi-Fi.

Mk. One more question, are our teams gonna be on here in spoilers or something?
Kinda like this

Ribbon
Trainer name:Ribbon
Pokemon at this point:
Cyndaquil

and so on?

good luck to everyone, you wont need it, i’ll own you all anyway >:3

Maybe after a battle. ;o

According to Scales, he (sadly) quit the run, due to some unknown reasons. mind editing the first post?

If you want btw, you can add my team up on the…board…thing…a…magig.

Ya know the first two. the last one is a special secwet :3

Should we update it with our “last seen” with Pokemon and Starters too? Maybe add some friend codes and maybe some people can join?

Would it be against the rules for people to battle anyway between Union Cave to the end of the game for some “practice”?

This seems like it would be really fun! I’m going to see what I can do on my end so I can attempt joining in on the competition. :D

Name: Nerf

… HOWEVER, I see the rules is missing any reference/consideration about trading/traded pokemon. Will the competition be limited to pokemon exclusively obtained within the game which the player is playing? Or can contestants (when applicable), swap pokemon? Or will players be able to obtain pokemon from external sources (other games/players from outside the competition)?

I don’t see anything against battling between set intervals. ;o

I plan to update the player’s Pokemon after the battles so we don’t have any spoilers just in case.

We’re doing the Pokemon obtainable in the games as well. No trading from other games and no training via the other games.

;o Thanks Chao. Trae said she couldn’t do it, so you can hop right in!

That’s about what I thought, but it’s important to iron these details out in the beginning before they expand into something especially problematic.

Radical! I’ve already started and I guess I’m playing catch-up for a while. Any idea when approximately the first round will likely be?

Also, another question… Legendaries, what is this competition’s take on them?

Every two gyms.

Azalea.
Ectru…whatever. Morty.
Jasmine.
Clair.

Then after we all beat the e4 I belive. Dont know about the after game though.

[quote=“Chaotix_Bluix”]

That’s about what I thought, but it’s important to iron these details out in the beginning before they expand into something especially problematic.

Radical! I’ve already started and I guess I’m playing catch-up for a while. Any idea when approximately the first round will likely be?[/quote]

Soon I suppose. ;o When the first four people get to beating the second gym, we’ll have the first tourney there with the first four. The other four will have one later.

We should have some battle royale after the Johto E4. o:

…There’s two regions in this one. Twice the fun.

Not sure about the legendaries Chao, but I don’t think they’ll be hax.

Apparently I have so many questions lately. o-o;

1. How do we plan to keep track of everyone’s progress so we know when everyone reaches the next checkpoint and signals the beginning of the next round of battles?

2. How do you plan to keep people from skipping ahead the current checkpoint? (especially important since this has JUST has happened. For those who’ve been playing catchup to everyone else… hearing about this is demoralizing)

I was hoping everyone would follow but sadly, things turned out this way. ;; Maybe it was just too out of hand.

Like. EDIT ANNOUNCEMENT

Since regular battles seem a bit hard, why not we just do a battle royale after the E4? 8D

We’ll have to decide the final date though to make sure we’re not going to wait on anyone. C:

I was hoping everyone would follow but sadly, things turned out this way. ;; Maybe it was just too out of hand.

Like. EDIT ANNOUNCEMENT

Since regular battles seem a bit hard, why not we just do a battle royale after the E4? 8D

We’ll have to decide the final date though to make sure we’re not going to wait on anyone. C:[/quote]

That’s a good idea, but about the traded Pokemon thing you should be able to trade in Pokemon which are in the Johto Dex (Doesnt apply at the National Dex) BUT the Pokemon has to be the same level or lower than the strongest current Pokemon (I said this because I nabbed a Pokemon off my HG)