Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red and Blue Rescue Team Questions?

We all know that Red and Blue Rescue Team was a huge start on PMD’s Franchise. The Podcast Team and I would like to have an episode dedicated to these great games and we would love to know what you liked and didn’t liked. So, here are the 10 questions. Thanks everyone.

1. Do You Remember When You First Played Red or Blue Rescue Team? If So, When?

2. First Impressions?

3. Was This The Game That Got You Into Pokemon?

4. What Pokemon Were You? Your Partner?

5. What Did You Think About The Gameplay? Storyline?

6. Opinion About Music and Graphics?

7. What Did You Like?

8. What Didn’t You Like?

9. What Could Have Been Improved On?

10. Which Is Better Red and Blue Rescue Team or The Explorers Trilogy?

#PMUPodcast2012

1. Do You Remember When You First Played Red or Blue Rescue Team? If So, When?
    *I think it was 2010 or something like that not sure when.

2. First Impressions?
    *Well i have played the other Pokemon games and since in this one you were the pokemon i was like:
    “So you throw yourself at another pokemon??”

3. Was This The Game That Got You Into Pokemon?
    *No, not at all, i got into pokemon by the anime and then is started with the games.

4. What Pokemon Were You? Your Partner?
    *I was pikachu while my partner was charmander, as in the exploration i was pikachu again and my partner was riolu

5. What Did You Think About The Gameplay? Storyline?
    *It was pretty nice, i liked the exploration one more tho it was more into it.
    This one didnt have much explaining of how you got into a pokemon.

6. Opinion About Music and Graphics?
    *Graphics werent that good as for the music it was nice.

7. What Did You Like?
    *I liked how my partner threw away everything just to save me.

8. What Didn’t You Like?
    *The not much info about how i turned into a pokemon.

9. What Could Have Been Improved On?
    *Exploration is better for me :joy:

1.) Do You Remember When You First Played Red or Blue Rescue Team? If So, When?
2009, I believe. I was beyond excited because it was my first Pokemon game ever. The concept confused me at first.

2.) First Impressions?
Confused. I was excited when I got Charmander, but I was wondering what it meant by “partner”, I thought I would play as my partner. I took the quiz again and ended up as Bulbasaur when I began playing, I realized I couldn"t be Charmander, so I restarted again. I like it alot, but it confused me severely.

3.) Was This The Game That Got You Into Pokemon?
Ironically, yes.

4.) What Pokemon Were You? Your Partner?
Cubone and Pikachu.

5.) What Did You Think About The Gameplay? Storyline?
I loved the theme of the storyline with Darkness and fighting it. I liked how everyone tried to defend your character, and I liked the ending and the boss. I think the idea was brilliant.

6.) Opinion About Music and Graphics?
Didn"t care about either.

7.) What Did You Like?
Absol and Ninetails.

8.) What Didn"t You Like?
Team Meanies and Alakazam"s Team, both were wussies.

9.) What Could Have Been Improved On?
NEEDED TIME TRAVEL.

10.) Which Is Better Red and Blue Rescue Team or The Explorers Trilogy?
Pokemon Platinum.

1) Do You Remember When You First Played Red or Blue Rescue Team? If So, When?

I think when I was in first or second grade? That was . . . 6 or 7 years ago?

2) First Impressions?

Being a Pokemon Red fan, I was surprised that you were actually the Pokemon. The turn based style that I loved ever so much also kept me going.

3) Was This The Game That Got You Into Pokemon?

No. Pokemon Red was the one that got me hooked.

4) What Pokemon Were You? Your Partner?

I played as a Squirtle and my partner was a Charmander. Later on, my team became Blastoise, Charizard, and Salamence.

5) What Did You Think About The Gameplay? Storyline?

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones and Pokemon Red were my very first games. The turn based style combined with Pokemon made me love this game ever so much. I got rather attached to my character and partner as well. The PMD series probably have the best storyline out of the whole Pokemon franchise. The music also adds to all the scenes, especially the end, which made me tear up.

6) Opinion About Music and Graphics?

Not so hot on the menus, but the music was great.

7) What Did You Like?

The idea of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in general. The fact that you were the Pokemon.

8) What Didn’t You Like?

The repetitive dungeons. You had to find the stairs, go up a floor, rinse and repeat. It got pretty boring.

9) What Could Have Been Improved On?

Add a variety of dungeons types. (Different ways to advance to the next floor.)
More puzzles.

10) Which Is Better Red and Blue Rescue Team or The Explorers Trilogy?

I think the Explorers trilogy wins with the storyline and music in this case.

The first time I played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is when my 14th birthday happened. It excited me that there was a game in which you could be the Pokemon.

2) First Impressions?
So, I started playing it when I got it. I was amazed at the mechanics of the game, and I was also impressed by the movement of the game.

Sadly, this game wasn’t what got me into Pokemon. I was into Pokemon at Pokemon Gold.

But that’s besides the fact. I started as a Cubone, with my partner being a Treecko. It was silly though. When I got to Rayquaza, I asked, “ARE YOU SERIOUS!?” Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno also gave me trouble as well.

But I guess I’ll stop complaining about those birds and speak about the gameplay. Like I mentioned before, I was impressed by the mechanics and movement of the game. It had a turn-base movement like the main Pokemon franchise, but you got to attack without the starting screen before a battle (you guys know what I’m talking about). Instead, you could just rush into battle and just start beating on the Pokemon. You could also make sure that you attacked first, which was a reliever from the main series, which was based on the speed stat. Now, I can say that Slowpoke is faster than everyone (if Quick Seeds are at work).
But the gameplay wasn’t the only thing that impressed me. The thing that impressed me most is the storyline of the game. You wake up as a Pokemon, having the knowledge of being human, and get introduced to your (sappy) partner. You then go on a rescue mission to save Caterpie from a tremor that occurred, starting you in the rescue team business. You bond with your partner throughout the gameplay; getting a rescue base, battling an evil team, becoming fugitives, and finally, saving the world. And the ending; oh, the ending! That ending nearly put me to tears! You are fulfilling your role as a Pokemon and then having to leave back to your own land after rescuing the world from a shooting star. That was tear-jerking! And having to leave your friend was the more tear-jerking! They really displayed the sorrow in that scene. The storyline was nearly the best storylines that I have gone through (only behind Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Exploration of Time and Darkness). And the music really pulled the scene together.

In fact, the music in entirety made the game really great for me! The music fit in well with the scene of a dialog, dungeon and other places, and even the friend areas. The music not only fit, but also was extremely great as well!
The graphics, though simple, really worked with the game. The graphics with the sprites and dungeons just worked out well. Colorful and descriptive. Those will be my words to describe them.

7) What Did You Like?
So the game in the full really was amazing! The gameplay, storyline, music, graphics, mechanics… Many things were enjoyable in this game that I really liked! There’s not much to dislike about the game…

8) What Didn’t You Like?
Though I guess some things didn’t stick with me. The recruiting system really didn’t work out with me. It was difficult to recruit Pokemon since they could easily get defeated if low leveled. Also, you had to go to a floor, recruit it, and either hope it survives or use an Escape Orb, then repeat if there’s another Pokemon you wanted to recruit.

Even though the recruit system was fixed in the Exploration series, it still was annoying because you didn’t know if you were recruiting the same Pokemon or if it was new. It would have been nice if you had a notice that you already recruited the Pokemon.

And now, since I’m on the topic of the Exploration trilogy, I shall explain about why the Exploration trilogy is better than the Rescue trilogy. Besides the recruit system being improved, I will say that your partner has a little more personality than the previous one. First, your partner is timid yet wants to be on an exploration team, making him/her stop from joining. Your partner in Red/Blue just started the rescue team, making you the leader. Next, the storyline. In Red/Blue, you save the world from a falling star. In Time/Darkness, you save the world from time freezing and from Darkrai changing the world from the past. Also, there was much more freight when you and your partner are in “Frozen Time”. Both are tied when it comes to music (sorry Primal Dialga, Rayquaza had an epic theme too), and graphics were a little better in Time/Darkness since they added some miscellaneous animations to some characters. Did I mention that now everyone in the Time/Darkness series had a picture when their dialog came?

11) Extra Comments?
So, my thoughts about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red and Blue stand positive. I recommend that this game should be played for the awesome music and storyline. Not only that, but it’s an entertaining game to play!

err i think it was liek…2009 or 2010? lawl err somewhere when i was like in da 4th grade or something :3

2) First Impressions?

amazed and thought dat i can finally see what some moves from the other games (emerald,crystal,yellow,etc) looked like in dis game. like water gun xD

nope. the other games did along with the anime :3

well in red i was a treeko (which i wanted to be a mudkip) but i chose mudkip as partner :3 i got the quirky nature even in E.o.S i got piplup as da quirky nature O.e heh i love piplup anyway~ :heart: (partner is chimchar xD), in blue…yep i finally got the mudkip which da nature was true~ i AM timid…(partner is torchic)

well…let’s see…wat i didnt like is dat the moves kept missing e.e bad accuracy plz. story line is good…but lacks emotions~ xD

da music is soothing and good~ (Mt.blaze music reminds me of Mt. Barricade e.e) they fit to the situations~ graphics…well…they didnt fringed stuff dat tiem xD blocks…blocks everywhere~

7) What Did You Like?

da music.music.music OwO

8) What Didn’t You Like?

well as i have mentioned in Q#5…bad accuracy e.e oh i 4got. i also hate it when ur moves doesnt get refilled when u get to da boss fight e.e much more worse when u dun have elixer/ethers. u’ll be forced to dai and be revived xD. also…i dun liek da part where u have to turn ur D.S off and on cuz da legendaries didnt join e.e such a pain.

well…it needs more catch and stoof…more…stories OwO

Explorers FTW~ love to play E.o.S (Explorers of the Sky) over and over again xD