Pokemon: Sunwing Academy (RP)

[b]OOC: SHORT GRASS EVERYWHERE.

NOW IMAGINE THIS POST IN NORMAL SIZED FONT. WHOO. [/b]

“Alright, if you will all like to come through we can begin the tour,” Nurse Joy announced.

She quickly slid a card into a slot, and the gate opened, doors outstretched in a welcoming manner. While walking to the dormitories, Nurse Joy explained many of the rules and limits of the academy. Alex tried to shake the sleep off and listen, but she only caught about half of what was said. There was just so much short grass . . . more and more short grass . . . There was no where in Fortree this flat and cut.

The tour came to an end as everyone stood in the corridors to their respective dorms.

“Check the lists for your names then go into your dorms. It’s almost 8 so I’ll give you half an hour to do what you want, as long as you’re sensible. At 8:30 I want you all to go outside. Someone should be there to meet you,” Nurse Joy ended.

Alex, eyes heavy, dragged her somewhat heavy suitcase up the stairs into the Entei Girl’s part of the dorm. Hopefully she wouldn’t get kicked out for a misunderstanding, but Alex didn’t have the will to care at this point.

“I should be asleep,” she grumbled. “It’s not even 10 AM yet.”

Alex definitely wouldn’t finish settling in on time. Thirty minutes was far too little to wake up and unpack, so she tossed her suitcase into a corner, claimed a bed, and sighed.

Walking back downstairs, Alex noticed a girl with teal hair going through the cabinets, then quickly leaving.

“Might as well.”

Peering into the cabinets, she saw pasta, rice, and other simple items. Not bad. Alex wasn’t the world’s best cook, but Dad and Streak were happy with what she managed to make for dinner every other day. When Dad came home late, the kitchen was hers.
[hr][/hr]
8:30

Outside, there was a crowd of students on the field.

“Wow, so, who is your favorite Pokemon?”

“Well, I can’t say I have a favorite because they all work just as hard as each other.”

“Aww, so what’s it like being a Gym Leader?”

“Well, It’s fun. You get to meet new people all the time.”

“Isn’t it hard?”

A young man in the center was getting drowned in questions.

“Gym leader?” Alex invited herself into the circle of students and promptly took a seat.
[hr][/hr]
“So anyway, now that you’re all here, we have a surprise for you,” the Gym Leader, Morty, started.

He reached for a large brown satchel and opened it.

“You’re all quite lucky, we’re the first school to try this out. We believe that the best way for you to learn will be from experience,” Morty smiled.

Morty took some cards out of the bag. They couldn’t have been bigger than a Pokemon card. Some were light blue, some were yellow, and some were a pale red. Selecting the various pale red cards, Morty looked at the students.

“I’ll start with the Entei Dorm. Can Terry Smith please come here?”

“Uhh, I’m here,” a slim, brown haired boy with a blue jacket rose his hand.

“Uhm, can Alexandra McKenzie please come here?” Morty asked.

Alex snapped back into reality and “mmph-ed” in agreement. Morty handed Alex her pale red trainer card and three Poke Balls.

“Don’t open them yet,” Morty told her.
[hr][/hr]
After all the other students had gotten their trainer cards and Poke Balls, a blonde girl was jumping in excitement.

“Can we open them yet?” She asked.

“Go for it!” Morty grinned.
[hr][/hr]
Alex released her Pokemon one by one into the green field full of short grass. The first, a Pidove. It chirped in delight and flew onto her shoulder. He turned his head and looked at Alex as if wanting to be named.

“How about . . . Gadget?” She asked the Pidove.

The Pidove nodded and flapped its wings in agreement. It was a nice feeling to have a bird on her shoulder again.
[hr][/hr]
Shortly after, Alex released her second Pokemon.

“Skaroooo!”

A large, Skarmory appeared before her. Its steel feathers, silver and red, shimmering in the sunlight. Her golden eyes were capable of piercing through any bluff. The Skarmory was slightly taller than Alex, after all, she only stood at 5’5. This Skarmory was around 5’7, a intimidating height compared to some of the smaller Pokemon around her.

“How does Rook sound?”

Rook screeched in return. It was hard to tell whether it was happy with the nickname or not. Its glare seemed to be focused on her shoulder. Unsure of what it might do, Alex returned it into the Poke Ball.
[hr][/hr]
“Last one,” Alex told herself.

“Wooop,” he said. “Wooop wooop.”

“Aw, a Wooper,” Alex smiled. “Butch sounds just about right, how about it?”

The Wooper slapped its tail on the ground in agreement, but it looked just as tired as Alex. It must’ve been woken up a few hours too early.

“Sleep well,” With that, Alex returned Butch to his Poke Ball, leaving only Gadget on her shoulder.

Satisfied, she stroked Gadget’s chin as he chirped. Her team looked pretty promising so far, and she might have an advantage with Rook, although she was a bit scary. It was going to be a pretty good year.

Amaryllis stood in the middle of the crowd, a bit excited and anxious. What would her Pokemon be? Hopefully some steel-types…

She tried to calm herself down, taking deep breaths. She wished she brought some candy with her…

Beside her, Estelle looked around. Too noisy. She wished she could just look at her Pokemon and get over it. She was also a bit nervous, too…

When Morty gave the signal for them to open their Pokeballs, Amaryllis grinned and took out her first Pokeball.

A Sheldon.

“Aww, you’re so cute!~” she said. The Sheldon looked at her, yawned, then lay on the ground. Amaryllis smiled, petting it. “Does Kozu sound good for you?” she asked.

The Sheldon nodded, a bit happy that his trainer gave him a nice name.

Amaryllis then returned Kozu to his Pokeball and got out her second one.

“A Mawile? Alright, your name’s going to be Varinka—” Before Amaryllis could finish her sentence, the Mawile seemed to notice the name given to him was a girls’ name, thus he tackled Amaryllis, then huffed, crossing his arms.

“…Oh, you’re a boy? Sorry…” Amaryllis got up and laughed a bit. “Alright, your name’s Obsidian. Is that fine with you?”

Obsidian nodded. She sighed in relief and put him in his Pokeball.

“Last one…”

“…A Piplup? Well… I guess Verdin fits you,” she said, looking at the penguin-like Pokemon in front of her.

…Well, Piplups are kinda cute.

She smiled and picked Verdin up, then returned him to his Pokeball.

She’s all ready.

[hr][/hr]

Estelle already had all three Pokemon out. A Misdreavus, a Frillish, and a Deerling.

The Misdreavus seems like she likes scary stuff. She kept scaring others here and there. Maybe Evodia’s a good name for her.

The Frillish… likes to dance around, apparently… Angelus fits him.

Now for the Deerling… He kept staring at her, waiting for his name. Hiro’s good for him.

“Alright, guys.~ Misdreavus, your name will be Evodia. Frillish, yours will be Angelus. And Deerling, yours is Hiro. Okay?” Estelle asked, looking over her team.

They’re all so cute.

[[ THIS PROBABLY SUcks ]]

OOC: I still have a feeling these same exact typings are going to bite me in the rear somewhere later.

What’s going on? I can’t even hear what the nurse is saying! Everyone’s too loud, I hate it. Blake thought to himself, trying to not pay attention from the noises that everyone was making.

As he stood there, annoyed, he could see the Nurse Joy quiet everyone down and flash the card into a panel, which opened the building. The nurse took them all on the tour, showing them the rules and the boundaries of the school. The walk was tiring for Blake, and when it finally ended, Nurse Joy told everyone that they would have a free 30 minutes of time and at 8:30 everyone should go outside. She told everyone which cabins everyone resided in, and Blake was in the Raikou dorm. When Blake finally reached his cabin, he found someone laying on the bed.

“Oh, yay, another couch potato.” he muttered. Unpacking his things, he took the bed farthest away from the boy who was laying on the bed, so it wouldn’t get awkward and he would have some space for himself. He took out his items and put his luggage next to his bed. When the clock struck 8:30, he got outside and saw some students talking to an adult, probably a staff member. He walked over there alone and was one of the first people barring the few students who were already there to meet him.

As everyone grouped around the staff member, he explained that everyone would get cards and pokeballs. Blake watched other people receive their items, and watched them come back and looked at their expressions. He kept looking until he got snapped out of it when his name got called. “Huh?” He said, causing several kids to laugh at his stupidity. He walked over to the staff member embarrassed and got his card, and three pokeballs.

Hopefully my pokemon will actually pose a fight. That being said, I wonder what they are? Blake got excited just thinking about it, yet he didn’t show it. When everyone got their pokeballs, the staff member(which Blake finally figured out was Morty, the Ghost Gym Leader) told everyone to open their pokeballs. Blake unleashed his at the same time, and with a white flash of light, he first saw an Onix. Wow… just… wow. Next, he saw a Drilbur, who was looking at him expectantly as if he was planning to do something, and a Beldum who just looked at him with no expression. The Beldum stared at the Drilbur and blinked, while the Drilbur looked away and crossed his arms. The Onix appeared by the Beldum who looked down in what appeared to be sadness, and nudged it kindly as if it was making it feel better.

So a peace breaker, a pokemon who just wants to make friends, and one who hates everything. A match made in heaven. he thought.

Morty explained the rest of the schedule to the trainers, and then he dismissed the group. Blake went back to the cabin, bored.

Alice woke up to the warmth of sunlight shining on her face. The wingulls outside her window could be heard crying their names out. Slowly Alice sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes, trying to rid them of the sleepiness.

“Sweetie, be sure to not miss the ferry!” A cheery voice sang from down stairs.

“Ferry… Oh! I need to get dressed!!” Alice said jumping off her bed with her covers tied around her. It took a while to free herself from the blankets and dress into her blue outfit with shorts underneath. Quickly she put her boots on and grabbed a red back hanging on a hook nearby and her one suitcase near the door. Dashing down stairs she said her goodbyes and eat a small breakfast before she ran to the nearest docks.

“Made it in time!” she said panting. She slowly walked over the dock, almost as if she thought the boards would break beneath her feet. Luckily she made it onto the ferry without that happening. Feeling the boat sway in the water didn’t help with her fear, so she hid inside more of the time.
The water was pretty though… The Different pokemon swimming around her was a sight to see, and the sun’s reflection made the water sparkle like gems!

After a while the ferry arrived at the academy. Alice ran off the boat onto the docks, still she was afraid of them breaking, but her mind was somewhere else. She was in awe of the many building here. Never had she seen just tall buildings! There was a lot too!
Looking at her pokegear it was already 7:45. She than grabbed her belongings and set out to find the academy. Occasionally stopping at staring at the buildings.

She got to the school at 8:30, she was never one for directions…

“That must be our greeter!” Alice said excited as she made her way to nurse joy and gave her a small wave. Alice felt rather shy all of a sudden… Hopefully that would go away.

“Welcome! Im Nurse Joy and ill be the guide.” Nurse Joy said smiling cheerfully. “lets begin shall we?” Nurse Joy said as she inserted a card into the panel on the gate panel. It opened as if welcoming the children into the school.
On the tour the Nurse explained everything, like the rules and limits of what can or cant do and where you can or cant do them.
'So many rules like there is Nurse Joys…Alice thought as she kept up with the nurse and took mental notes.

Eventually the tour came to an end. Everyone was stood in the corridor to their dorms.
Alice didn’t want to unpack just yet. but she did put some clothes from her brown bag and set them ontop of the suitcase, which was ontop of a bed at the end of a room. Alice also noticed a small kitchen in one area of the room. 'The only thing I can make are cookies… all the other foods I tend to slightly burn… but they taste good to me.’ Alice just shook her head and looked out the window and noticed a gather around a certain blond gymleader. She decide she should go too. She arrived as one of the last ones.

Morty waited until everyone arrived, and started when Alice and a couple others arrived. “So anyway, now that you’re all here, we have a surprise for you.”
He reached behind him and opened his large brown satchel. “You’re all quite lucky, we’re the first school to try this out. We believe that the best way for you to learn will be from experience.”
He pulled some cards out of the bag. They were about the same size as a credit card and were pale shades of the dorm colours. Morty started with the entei dorm, than suicune, and lastly raikou.

Alice had recived her suicune card, and pokeballs. After everyone got theirs Alice let out her new pokemon: A Hourdour, Magby, and a budew. She called the houndour Smokey, Magby was ace and budew was Rosey.

Alice watched as Ace distanced himself from the others, Smokey just stood proud but looked around almost like trouble was calling his name, and Rosey had hopped onto her shoulder, since it was smaller than a average one.

Morty smiled as he watched the reactions of the Pokemon and their new trainers. “We’ve also decided that today we will have a half day. Lessons start at 11. Your first lessons will be battle and co-ordinator classes so you will need to go to the underground courts. After that there’ll be a lunch break and then you’ll have survival class where you’ll have to wait in classroom 1 until your teacher arrives.”

'Contests?! OH! love those’ Alice thought as she returned Smokey and Ace. She decided to allow Rose to stay out for a little bit. She made her way to the suicune dorm and unpacked everything onto the bed that was farthest from the kitchen. 'I hope no one thinks I like water pokemon…’ ALice thought as she sat on her bed and looked out the window.

(OOC: I’ll be doing POV now. C:)
Cilua’s POV
When she got to her dorm, she sat on her bed and looked at the clock. 11 o’ clock? Hm. Battle class…She looked outside her dorm, and none of the staff were present.She could feel some of the Pokemon inside her Poke ball get restless, and decided that they could stretch their limbs.She silently let all 3 Pokemon out.

“Shh, if you keep quiet, I’ll let you guys out for a while, okay?” She whispered to her Pokemon. She looked warily at Jiyuro. “Don’t even think about it.” She snapped quietly as it opened its beak to use Hyper Voice. Jiyuro looked sheepishly at his trainer, and closed his beak. She quickly combed through her suitcase and found a hair-dryer. She warmed up Jiyuro with the hair dryer set on ‘low’. A soft, warm breeze coursed over the Swablu’s feathers. It exhaled a small “Chirrup” of relaxation.

She got out a small dog-brush she found around the house one day, and used it to comb Lumina’s fur. Thankfully, it was metal. She also used the hair-dryer to soothe the Growlithe.

Finally, there was only Loro left. She got out a polisher that she found one day in the house for polishing steel and rock, and dabbed some onto a cloth, and started to polish the Bronzor. It seemed to hum happily, but it was still restless.

“Hmm…” She murmured thoughtfully. She would need to buy proper care equipment to care for her companions. Maybe, when they were allowed to go out in town.

She returned each of her Pokemon to their respective Poke balls, and prepared a list of things to-do and get.

Rinika was happily asleep in her bed, and as luck would love to have it, she got a pretty normal bunch of people in the same dorm. That was rather new. Yukito on the other hand was enjoying his time in the dorm, kicking his feet in the air on his bed for who knows what reason. He thought Terry was too short to be in school, but then again, there was a guy who looked way too old to be in school, so he shouldn’t complain. Speaking of which, there were a lot of strange people attending. He supposed that Sunwing Academy had a knack for attracting the strangest of people.

OOC: Short post. ;_; -Dies-

((man, I’m way behind. I just woke up. . . I really need to stop being a noctowl. . . )

Cosette smiled slightly when Yukito said that they should be friends. She’d never had many friends, so getting new ones made her rather happy. “S-sure, I’ll be your friend, if you don’t mind that is. . .”

Soon after, Nurse Joy let them inside and began a tour of the building, explaining the rules and limits of the academy. When the tour ended, everyone was standing at the corridors of their respective dorms. When Nurse Joy told them to check the lists to see what dorm everyone was in, Cosette made sure that she checked the lists last. She didn’t like being at the front of a line. When it was her turn, Cosette looked at the Entei dorm list, and spotted her name in the girls section as well as Yukito’s name under the boy’s. She sighed a bit relieved knowing that her friend was in the same dorm as her. She listened to Nurse Joy say that in half an hour, everyone should go outside to meet someone. She went into the Girl’s part of the Entei dorm and found a bed that was unoccupied and began to unpack her things. All of her stuff was in a duffel bag, so it was rather easy for her to unpack. When she was done unpacking, Cosette noticed it was time to go outside. Grabbing her camera, Cosette made her way outside.
Once outside, Cosette noticed all the other students were gathered around a gym leader named Morty. Slowly she walked towards them.

Morty looked at her when she walked over. “There you are. Here. These are for you. Don’t open them until everyone else has them.” He handed her 3 pokeballs and a red student trainer card.
She nodded, said a small thank you, and went to find Yukito.
When everyone had their pokemon, they were allowed to let out their pokemon to see what they got. Cosette waited to see what Yukito got before she let hers out. Noticing Yukito’s totodile, seel, and lileep, Cosette was curious as to what she got. So she let her pokemon out one at a time. The first pokemon was a bisharp, but not a normal one. This bisharp was blue, which was called a shiny color since the blue color was so rare. Just by looking at the bisharp, Cosette could tell it was a female who was stubborn and a good fighter. “Hm. . .You need a name don’t you. . . How about Sapphire?”
The bisharp seemed to think about it for a little while before nodding with her arms crossed.
Letting out her next pokemon, Cosette noticed it was a male purrloin. To Cosette, this purrloin looked like a complicated pokemon. Cosette decided to keep a mental note to keep her camera away from the purrloin. “Hm. . . You need a name too. I think I’ll call you Shade. "
The purrloin seemed to think the name was decent, so he nodded in agreement, while thinking about a way to get a hold of the camera his owner had.
Curious as to what the last pokemon was, Cosette let out her last pokemon. When she saw the adorable male togepi, Cosette just had to pick it up. “You know, you remind me of myself. Sweet and affectionate to their friends and always wanting to help, am I right? Maybe not as nervous though.”
The togepi smiled and laughed happily when he was picked up.
“You need a name. How about Tyco? It’s not the cutest name though, but it was the only one I could think of for a togepi. . .”
The togepi giggled likeing the name. “Togepwi~!”
Alright, it’s settled then. Welcome to the team Sapphire, Shade, and Tyco. I hope we all can get along.” Cosette said. She seemed to feel a bit more at ease when there were pokemon around, and wasn’t as nervous. Setting down the togepi, Cosette watched as the togepi went over to Shade and Sapphire to try and make friends with them.
Shade didn’t really want to make friends with the little pipsqueak of a togepi. And neither did Sapphire, which made the togepi cry. Cosette picked up the togepi so she could try and calm him down. “There, there. It’s ok. I’m sure they’ll open up sooner or later.”
The togepi sniffled, and stopped crying.

Morty smiled as he watched the reactions of the Pokemon and their new trainers. “We’ve also decided that today we will have a half day. Lessons start at 11. Your first lessons will be battle and co-ordinator classes so you will need to go to the underground courts. After that there’ll be a lunch break and then you’ll have survival class where you’ll have to wait in classroom 1 until your teacher arrives.”

Cosette nodded when she heard Morty explain that the first lesson would be at 11. She returned her pokemon with a little bit of trouble, as Shade didn’t like to be in his pokeball. after successfully getting Shade in his pokeball, Cosette headed back to the dorms. Sitting on her bed, Cosette decided to take pictures of the dorm. she was careful not to get any of the other students in the pictures, as she was unsure that they’d be willing to allow her to take pictures of them.

Cilua’s P.O.V.

The right side of her body hurt, just below the ribs near the back. It was a bit more painful than expected.

“Ugh, I needed to ask Nurse Joy about something…” She muttered.

But not in front of everyone… it would of made her seem weak and frail, which she was, but didn’t like to admit.

She quietly got up from her bed, hoping not to disturb anyone. If anyone looked closely, even from getting off the fairy, there was something off. She favored her right side, and tried to disguise the wound there. It was painful, to say at the very least, and whenever someone’s hand brushed by, or even the slightest touch, she would recoil in pain. She remembered the tour, and went down two floors and entered Nurse Joy’s room.

“Hmm? What do you need?” The Nurse Joy looked up from her desk. She seemed to be filling out a form.

“Well, um… I kind of have this wound…”

“Say no more.~” The Nurse Joy got up and beckoned Cilua to a table. She sat down on it. She felt somewhat like a little kid, as her feet brushed the ground.

“Now show me, where’s this wound?”

“Right here, ma’am.” She took off the lightweight jacket, and a 1-foot long claw-mark ripped through her clothes. It was patched up poorly, and was obviously done in a hurry. The Nurse Joy frowned a bit.

“How did you get this wound?”

“Uh, let’s just say that a few branches scratched me.”

“The blood stream would of clogged up by now, but the blood’s still running.”

“It’s a special tree in Orre.” She said, gritting her teeth. It was a lie, but it was better that no one knew. In truth, when she was running to get to the ferry, there happened to be a Pokemon Battle, and there was a Shadow Pokemon battling. It was a shadow Zangoose, and it was in Hyper Mode. When it’s trainer told it to attack the opponent’s Plusle, it turned towards Cilua and attacked -her- instead with Shadow Claw.

“Ah. Ok. I’ll try to bandage this as best as I can.” The Nurse Joy wasn’t convinced, but decided not to push further for details. Cilua gave a small wince as she applied the bandages soaked with rubbing alcohol. The alcohol stung, but it would help it prevent her from getting infection.

“Try not to make any contact with the wound, because it’s still quite raw. It might hurt a whole lot more if someone does the slightest motion.” Cilua nodded, already knowing this. She gave a small nod of thanks, and was about to rush off.

“Wait! Those clothes won’t do. Do you have anything that won’t get stained easily? You might need to change the bandage often.” Nurse Joy said. Cilua frowned. She only had various formal shirts and skirts.

“Um… no.”

“Well, then you can borrow these.” She gave Cilua a set of fresh, casual clothes.

“We usually rip these up to provide bandages when we run out… but you can keep these.” Cilua gave a nod of thanks again, and rushed off. 10 o’ clock. Enough time to prepare a small snack in the kitchen. She went up the stairs, and entered the common room for the Raikou Dorms. She prepared a small parfait with the yogurt and granola, and small fruit chunks. She mixed it with a bit of pecha juice to give a sweet, yet natural flavor.

She went over to the couch and sighed as she sat down.

OOC// MarieTheMareep: It’s a Pawniard, not a Bisharp. c:
Ugh. Sorry for long posts. ;-;. The important stuff is at the end if you don’t want to read everything. xD
[hr][/hr]
Maria spent almost an entire hour playing with her Pokemon. Her Trapinch was shy, but her Charmander was rather playful, and he loved being petted. Her Rhyhorn also enjoyed the affection, but she wasn’t at all interested from moving anywhere. The temperature decreased and the cold breeze quickly got to her, eventually convincing her to go back to her dorm. While she was in the dorm she worked on unpacking all of her stuff. She hung up her clothes quickly, in no particular order. She wasn’t too focused on appearances and was a tomboy. She hated wearing skirts and she only brought 2 dresses with her. To be honest she felt that her wardrobe looked fairly empty. She had enough stuff to last for a while. According to the school rules explained in the letter sent to her, they were apparently allowed to go into the city, which would provide plenty of opportunities to buy what she needed, but she didn’t have much money. She wondered if they would have to get a job or something, and seeing that they had their own kitchens meant that the school probably wouldn’t do much else for them.
Maria sighed as she looked at her uniform, tucked away in a black carrier bag. She put it in the bottom draw of her wardrobe, under her pajamas and towels.
Why did I bring this with me? She wondered. It’s not like I’ll need it. I wanted to start anew, why would I do that?
She shut the drawer and walked back to the bed where her suitcase laid open. At the bottom of it was a photo frame. It was a picture of her and two friends from Team Magma. They had gone to an amusement park for the day and taken the photo to remember the occasion.
Haha. Kate would probably kill me if she knew I kept this picture. She’s always hated photos. Her gaze drifted to the boy next to her. She sighed and put the photo back in her suitcase, being carefully she didn’t break the thin silver frame around it against the harder objects in the bag. I wonder if Eric is still with the team. I’m sure he would have passed the test…but still…
She shut her suitcase and pushed it under her bed, having put everything she needed in the right place. She went down to check the news, hoping to find something about her home. Nothing showed up. She sighed and felt her belly rumble slightly. It was almost 11 but she didn’t want to leave in case she got there too early. She checked the map on the back of the door to remind herself of where she had to go. There was also a lesson plan on the back of the door.
So, do we all have the same lessons at the same time? I wonder if the other dorms have the same plan. I don’t think there are too many of us in this school so I suppose that makes sense. She thought to herself.

Terry was pretty much tackled by his Pokemon. It was as if he and the Deino had been best friends forever. He laid on his back while the Deino bit at his hair playfully. The Eevee laid down on his chest while he stroked it on the head. It was a little heavier than he expected. The Dratini was curled up, watching just out of his reach. The Dratini didn’t have a problem with him, she just wasn’t used to him yet. A cold wind rushed past and the Dratini coiled tighter, hiding it’s face. The Deino was caught off guard by the wind and flattened it’s body closer to the ground. Terry raised his hand over his head to pet the small dragon type nipping at his hair.
The Eevee quickly jumped off of it’s trainer and stood at his side as a Zorua jumped and landed heavily on the boy’s chest.
“Ow! What-” Terry pushed the Zorua off and sat up quickly, rubbing the spot the Pokemon had landed on. “Why did-ow.”
Arthur laughed from behind Terry. Beside him floated a fierce looking Carvanha while a Woobat quietly fluttered near his head. The Zorua happily bounded to its trainer’s side, proud of her performance.
“What was t-” Terry turned to look behind him.
“That’s for tripping me up on the boat.”
Terry was rather confused. He leaned forward and got to his feet, Arthur pulling on his arm to help him up.
“That was an accident, and that really hurt y’know?” Terry returned his Pokemon then turned to look at Arthur. “Hey wait, you got a Zorua? That’s awesome!”
“A Zorua?” Arthur looked down to the fox like Pokemon. “So that’s what you are.”
The Zorua looked up behind her to the boy and twitched her tail a little.

Alice was very disappointed with her Pokemon. None of them were as cute or pretty as she would like, but she was grateful either way. She felt that the Larvesta looked alright with its fur, but it was still a bug type. Alice hated bugs, especially Beedrill and Yanma. The Aron looked up slightly at her, keeping a distance, stepping back slightly if she tried to approach, but only slightly so she was able to stroke him if she wanted. The Anorith rustled its body happily. It was her main partner, but she found him creepy his spaced out eyes and large front claws.
She didn’t like the idea of touching them so crouched down and just talked, mostly to herself.
“You got quite a nice team.” Emily said over her shoulder. “Anorith and Larvesta are both quite rare.”
“Oh, uhh. Thanks.” Alice didn’t expect anyone to talk to her, but she was glad someone did.
“Thought of any names yet?” She said to the blond haired girl.
“No, not yet.” She said, standing up straight. “What about you? Who did you get?”
Emily smiled as a Shuppet drifted out from behind her back. “Shuuupet.” It said quietly.
“Aron!” Shouted Alice’s Aron, startled by the sudden appearance of the Shuppet.
“His name is Drazi.” Emily said, smiling as she released her other two Pokemon: Murkrow and Sandile.
“I’m not sure what genders they are, but the Murkrow is Belial and the Sandile is Fang.”
Alice had seen Sandile many times before, but the Murkrow was new to her. It looked rather menacing and she felt somewhat uneasy looking at the small bird Pokemon.
Emily returned all except her Shuppet and smiled. “My name Emily Rose.” She held out her hand.
Alice replied with a smile and shook her hand. “I’m Alice. Alice Stanford.”
Emily adjusted her glasses with her other hand. "Nice to meet you Alice.
[hr][/hr]
The clock struck 11 and the students lined up for their lesson. The courts were underground, but the door was locked. First up was the Co-ordinator class.
“Ugh, I hate contests. They’re all so flashy and there isn’t enough fighting.” Arthur said, huffing and crossing his arms while he waited, leaning his back against the wall. His Carvanha snapped impatiently by his feet.
“That’s not nice, a lot of people work hard to train up for contests, just like trainers prepare for gym battles.”
Terry said quietly. He wasn’t confident in what he said, to be fair, he wasn’t exactly interested in contests or battles. He just wanted to learn about Pokemon and how to befriend them. The only reason he was interested was because he wanted a companion to join him while he traveled the world, taking photos of the places he had been.
Terry had joined a photography club in his town and they used to have so much fun, but eventually people got bored and left. Terry had remained with a few people, but they all moved away or quit the club to pursue their dreams.

Terry looked down when he noticed the Carvanha. “Hey, uhh…” Terry went red as he realized he had forgotten his name. Did they even tell each other their names? He couldn’t remember.
“What?”
“Uhm, I don’t think you should keep your Pokemon out while you’re inside the school. Isn’t it against the rules?”
“Pfft, I don’t know. Maybe, who cares?”
“You might get into trouble with the teachers. I think you should return it, just in case.”
“Ugh, fine whatever.”

Alice and Emily were talking to each other about themselves and why they joined. Emily was beginning to get tired of Alice’s chatter so made the excuse that she needed to go to the toilet. Alice got bored quickly then noticed another girl, with a blue and white dress (ShinyUmbreon1998-Alice Alexander. It fit her well, it almost made her jealous. Thinking back, the girl looked familiar. Alice thought back when she remembered. They were in the same dorm. Alice didn’t have the chance to find out about her fellow classmates, so she decided she would go talk to her. “Hi there. My name’s Alice Stanford, I think we’re in the same dorm. Suicune right?”

Maria was fiddling with her hair when the teachers arrived. Normally there would be just one, but today was their first day and both of them showed up. Nurse Joy led the way, sorting through the keys as Dawn and Wallace followed. “Sorry about this, I must have forgotten to leave you guys keys.” She said, hurrying to the door to unlock it.
“It’s fine, no need to worry.” Dawn smiled at the other students. “Is everyone ready?” She said excitedly.
“Yeah!” Alice cheered excitedly. She couldn’t believe how lucky she was to see all these famous people. Alice loved watching competitions on the TV at home. She was beginning to feel a little homesick, but she was too amazed about being able to see both Dawn and Wallace in person. She remembered lining up for hours to get tickets to watch the Co-ordinators competing for the Wallace Cup.

“Alright, lets get started.” Dawn walked down the steps to the courts, followed by Wallace and the students.
The teachers started by introducing themselves and asking the students to introduce themselves also.

After the introductions were done and out of the way, Wallace and Dawn decided to get straight to the news.
“As you know, there are many schools who do things similar to this one. While they get rental Pokemon, you’ve got yours to keep forever so you can have much more practice.” Wallace put one hand on his hip, his cape opening to the side.
“We’re going to be entering a school contest competition! Your next teachers are also entering the school into a battle tournament. It’s for beginners though, so don’t worry too much about it.” Dawn took one of her Pokeballs and pressed the button once to make it expand.
Wallace did the same. “In both tournaments there will be 5 spaces, so we will pick the 5 people to participate. Whoever gets the furthest will earn points for their houses and the reward money will be shared equally between the members of that house.”
Dawn smiled and got ready to release her Pokemon. “The tournament is in 2 weeks so I think we better get started right away.” She released a Buneary from the Pokeball.
“Agreed.” Wallace released his famous Milotic.

This first lesson and it was all about the rules of the contests and how you could prepare your Pokemon for them, such as using accessories or items and how to make the most of your performance. They ended the lesson with a mock contest performance where both Milotic and Buneary worked together to make a stunning ice sculpture, similar to the helter skelter that Buneary had made once before.

Maria had basic knowledge about battles but she had only ever used two Pokemon before. A Camerupt and a Poochyena. She felt bad about her lack of knowledge but tried to keep it from bothering her.

The clock struck 11 and the students lined up for their lesson. The courts were underground, but the door was locked. First up was the Co-ordinator class. Alice returned Rosey and made her way with the others.

Alice look over to the girl standing before her. She looked really pretty…
“Hello… My Names Alice too hehehe, Alice Alexander, but call me Alley okay?” Alice said with a big smile.
“And yes, I do believe we are in the same dorm. Nice to meet one of my dorm mates!” Alice said holding her hand out for her to shake it.

After the introductions were done and out of the way, Wallace and Dawn decided to get straight to the news.
“As you know, there are many schools who do things similar to this one. While they get rental Pokemon, you’ve got yours to keep forever so you can have much more practice.” Wallace put one hand on his hip, his cape opening to the side.
“We’re going to be entering a school contest competition! Your next teachers are also entering the school into a battle tournament. It’s for beginners though, so don’t worry too much about it.” Dawn took one of her Pokeballs and pressed the button once to make it expand.
Wallace did the same. “In both tournaments there will be 5 spaces, so we will pick the 5 people to participate. Whoever gets the furthest will earn points for their houses and the reward money will be shared equally between the members of that house.”
Dawn smiled and got ready to release her Pokemon. “The tournament is in 2 weeks so I think we better get started right away.” She released a Buneary from the Pokeball.

At this Alice felt really excited. She really loved contests, she would always go watch them in Hoenn. Now that two of the famous contest trainers stood before her.

This first lesson and it was all about the rules of the contests and how you could prepare your Pokemon for them, such as using accessories or items and how to make the most of your performance. They ended the lesson with a mock contest performance where both Milotic and Buneary worked together to make a stunning ice sculpture, similar to the helter skelter that Buneary had made once before.

“Woahhhh… so pretty…” Alice said as she watched with amazement. that was pretty cool! This made Alice want to be a co-oridinator even more. “wasn’t that awesome Alice?!” Alice said as her eyes watched the ice sparkle.

When It was 15 minutes until 11, Cosette made her way from the Entei girls’ dorm to the underground courts where they would be having their first lesson on battles and co-ordination or whatever it’s called. She noticed all the other students there, and tried to be close enough to be considered there, but not close enough to actually talk to anyone. She watched as Nurse Joy came and unlocked the doors, apologizing to the instructors about something, but Cosette didn’t hear much of it, as there were some other students who were talking to each other. Cosette felt kinda bad, since she wasn’t good at talking with others. When Dawn asked if everyone was ready, Cosette just nodded.
The instructors led them into the courts and introduced themselves to the students as Dawn and Wallace.
Cosette listened to them carefully and watched in awe as Dawn and Wallace let out their pokemon. Of course, their first lesson was about the contest rules, and different accessories and item that could be used in the contests to boost your performance. What Cosette liked best was the mock contest performance at the end of the lesson when the two teachers made a beautiful ice sculpture.

[b]OOC: Looking back at what I’ve started writing. Bird purring noises? Really, me? xD ./quickly edits
Considering Maria (Sapphy) spent an hour playing with her Pokemon, Alex would have gone and sorted her stuff out before her, I suppose. (?)

Anyways, hopefully, we can end the day off soon. I’m just itching for some conversation. @@
And whooo. Finally got around to writing this. xD[/b]

Alex petted Gadget as he let out a sound that was probably a bird’s equivalent to purring. The Pidove was a funny little guy. He always had this faraway look in his eyes, and it seemed like he would forget often, but that was no problem. It was great enough to have some Pokemon of her very own. Alex smiled inwardly at the idea of flying with her Dad.

“Sssh, Gadget. I need to sort out my stuff, so can you go back in the Poke Ball?”

“Chirrr,” Gadget ruffled his fur and was returned to his Poke Ball.

There were many things to take out of her luggage, and she hadn’t even started.

Alex cursed under her breath and went back into her dorm. Getting her stuff ready for the days ahead was priority here. Her Pokemon would have more time with her if she got the organizing out of the way. She didn’t bring too many clothes, but it was still enough to fill her suitcase. Alex put her Trainer Card in her wallet and adjusted her cap. She wasn’t too used to wearing it yet.

Maybe I’ll go buy some more clothes later, yeah . . .
[hr][/hr]
“No one’s here,” Alex muttered as she headed up the stairs.

It was a short walk back to the dorm, so that was no problem. Looking back, Fortree was more of a pain to navigate. The city relied a lot on its Flying type Pokemon. When a bridge, the important connector between tree houses, was broken, it was like the whole city was in a traffic jam. Even though there were the paved streets down below, the bridges acted as side roads, and since most of the city stayed above ground . . Bah.

Getting lost in thought won’t help. I have work to do. I need to get back at eleven.

The short hand was near nine on her wristwatch. Two hours. She could pull it off, right?
[hr][/hr]
“Whew,” Alex sighed.

No super fancy clothes here. Her pajamas consisted of a t-shirt, a size too large, and a pair of shorts. She didn’t wear anything special during the day too. Only a few button downs, some with stripes, some checkered, and her rather plain, monochrome pants. She had her signature dark coat, and a more sturdier trenchcoat, which was great for flying.

Everything was sorted out by ten fifteen. Thankfully she didn’t bring too much. Exhausted, Alex made her way to the couch.

Time for some well needed shut eye.

“Gadget, mind waking me up later?” Alex whispered tiredly.
[hr][/hr]
“Gah!”

Alex jolted awake. One of her Pokeballs was shaking.

“I’m surprised you remembered,” she grinned.

Almost eleven, Alex thought. I better get to the courts.
[hr][/hr]
Grabbing her trenchcoat, Alex headed towards the school’s underground courts. She joined the mass of students outside, but she brought down the rim of her cap. Alex wasn’t in the mood for conversation.

Nurse Joy led the way, and Dawn and Wallace quickly followed. It was amazing to see so many famous faces here at Sunwing Academy. Alex had seen the two participate in contests many times, via TV, of course. She didn’t care much about dressing up her Pokemon or how elegant their attacks were in battle, but Wallace and Dawn captivated her with their beauty and strength, nonetheless.

Nurse Joy had seemed a bit flustered, but that was probably nothing important.
[hr][/hr]

Contests, huh? Alex shook her head. Gadget would look pretty nice in a pair of goggles, though. Heh.

Battles were more of her thing, and besides, Rook looked pretty intimidating. Having a Pokemon standing at 5’7 was pretty helpful for any beginner. Hopefully she would be willing to listen to Alex, though.

Cilua’s P.O.V.

Everything passed by, like a colorful blur to her. She heard the clock strike 11, and her feet seemed to move on her own as she thought about things. Like how to eat a candied Pecha Berry without getting your hands sticky, and how one was supposed to deal with a Swablu that kept bursting out of its Pokeball. She later resolved that by putting her hand over the button, so the Swablu couldn’t force its way out.

“Shush, you. You don’t want to get in trouble, do you?” She muttered to the Swablu in the pokeball, holding it up to eye level. The Pokeball gave off a shake, and she put it back on her belt. Prior to 11, she had changed into her casual clothes.

Is this really how people dress? Ugh. I suppose I have to wear this for medical reasons… oh well… She thought to herself.

She joined the horde of students converging, and then everything passed by with a blur again for her.

After a few minutes, she realized a ice sculpture materialized from nowhere.

“…Oh. Since when did that get here?” She said, blinking. The light refracted off the ice, splintering her sight with little spots of light.

Riel’s P.O.V.

It was pretty cool, having a bed to himself. With all his siblings, it meant he had to share a bed with his little brother. He would always steal the sheets for himself. He didn’t mind.

Not really that much, other than freezing to death during winter.

Anyway, it was pretty chill, just hanging out and walking about. It’s a nice change from the crowded streets of Nimbasa, where it was filled with performers and tourists. And people attending the Pokemon Musical.

Oh, the Pokemon Musical. The crown jewel of Nimbasa. The only official place to enjoy Pokemon and Music at the same time. It was the best place ever. You could make friends with strangers that you didn’t even know, just going to the Pokemon Musical. It was a magical place for every musician and Pokemon that had ever stepped within the bounds of Unova. Only the best.

He joined the crowd of students.

Hey, this kind of reminds me of Nimbasa. He thought cheerfully.

He watched as the ice sculpture was created. Beautiful.

Hylia’s P.O.V.

In all honesty, it rocked. Contests were rarely appreciated in her region of Johto, as everyone is more interested into the Pokeathlon. Such bores they were. And if you were to go against that opinion, you might as well bury yourself in a bunch of Tauros manure. They just suck. Nothing to it. But Contests, however, could teach all her folks a lesson. You don’t need brawn to succeed. You just need flourish and beauty to accomplish that.

Simply put, in the shortest term possible… Battles suck. Two words. Nothing more.

Though, she would never say that out loud, since it was insensitive and only a brute who has no brain would say that. And she was no brute, much less brainless. In fact, as the trapper around her area, she was by far as definition would go, ‘clever’. Or ‘devious’.

Anyway, Contests were the best. And that sculpture just proves it.

The lesson seemed to fly by for Alice and Terry. They loved contests and were deeply interested in what the teachers had to say. Emily was rather curious at how the school managed to get hold of both Wallace and Dawn to help teach them. She mostly fiddled with her hair during the lesson, twirling a lock around her finger. She wasn’t interested in contests and she could tell that others felt the same way just by a quick scan over their expressions.

The lesson ended with the sound of the school bells. Maria was rather startled with the sudden intrusion of the ringing sound.
The teachers had a quick recap conversation, wished the students luck for their next lessons, then left chatting to each other quietly.

The students sat in the courts for a while, some sat on the benches near the court and some were resting on the floor in front of them. Arthur was sat on a higher bench, lightly kicking the back of the boy in front of him.
“Ow! Hey, cut it out.” Terry turned around and looked up at Arthur, trying to rub the spot on his back.
“Don’t be a baby.” He dug his foot into his back again.
Maria looked to see what the fuss was and managed to make eye contact with Arthur. She shot him a sharp glare but he just gave a mischievous grin then moved his foot out of Terry’s back. She had remembered this oddly dressed boy when they were in the dorms. They were in the Entei group, but she took an immediate disliking to the troublemaker. She crossed her arms and broke their contact, turning the opposite way, facing the door.

It was only a few minutes until the next teacher strolled in through the door. A man of many names and titles, the leader of the Viridian Gym strolled into the room.
There was a short, odd silence in the room when the students became aware of their new teacher.

Blue and the students had some time to share their names. Blue seemed to be very interested with his new pupils and was rather excited. He was thinking about his own past as a Pokemon Trainer, getting his first Pokemon, having his first battle, catching a Pokemon by himself. Blue smiled and stood himself up after being sat on the ground while he listened to the students introduce themselves.

Blue briefly explained about the battle tournament then arranged the students into groups to have test battles with each other to get used to their Pokemon. They were to have 3 on 3 battles and some students had to be put into groups of three, in which they would have to take turns. While Blue was sorting the students into groups, Nurse Joy entered the court with her precious Blissey following closely behind.

Riel Cillerion - Arthur Redgrave
Alice Stanford - Cilua Ryuu Alie
Cosette Meridith Sharron - Emily Rose
Alexandra McKenzie - Maria Wickers
Garrohn Hilior - Terry Smith
Alice Alexander - Estelle Ravendale
Hylia Sovira Tenula - Amaryllis Silvanus - Blake Ratchet

Blue explained the basic rules of battling and the different kinds of moves there are. He didn’t go into enough detail to teach about types and the individual words. The students were asked to find their partners and pick a court to battle on.
“It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose, the purpose of this lesson is to improve the bond between your Pokemon and test out their moves.”
Some students already knew the person they were to fight, others had to fight people entirely unknown to them.

Terry felt a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach when he got paired with Garrohn. He felt a shaking in one of his Pokeballs, he gripped it tighter, unsure of who was in it and why it was shaking the way it was. Was it fear? Anticipation? It could have been any reason. He looked around to see who everyone else was put together with.

When the sound of the school bell rang out, Cosette realized that it must be the end of the co-ordinater class. She noticed the teacher wish the students good luck for their next class and leave talking to each other quietly. Wondering who their next teacher was, Cosette kept her eyes open for him or her. There were a few minutes where she wondered if the teacher was going to show, but when those few minutes were over, she noticed a man walk into the room. Looking carefully, Cosette noticed that it was Blue from the Viridian Gym. She’d seen a few of his battles on TV if she remembered right.

After a while of all the students introducing themselves, Cosette quietly included, Blue briefly explained about the battle tournament then arranged the students into groups to have test battles with each other to get used to their Pokemon. They were to have 3 on 3 battles and some students had to be put into groups of three, in which they would have to take turns. While Blue was sorting the students into groups, Nurse Joy entered the court with her precious Blissey following closely behind.

When Cosette heard her name being paired up with Emily Rose’s, she looked for her. When she spotted her among the crowd of the other students, Cosette gulped and thought to herself, ‘She looks like she knows what to do in a Pokemon battle. . .’ She’d never talked to Emily,she hadn’t really talked to anybody for that matter, but she knew that she was in a different dorm. Raikou if she remembered right.

Blue explained the basic rules of battling and the different kinds of moves there are. He didn’t go into enough detail to teach about types and the individual words. The students were asked to find their partners and pick a court to battle on.
“It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose, the purpose of this lesson is to improve the bond between your Pokemon and test out their moves.”

Cosette sighed. She didn’t think she stood a chance. She might as well try though, right?

Emily found Cosette. She quietly walked over to her. She had seen this girl before, at the gate and during the tour but she hadn’t paid much attention to others.
I don’t think she’s in my dorm. Emily thought to herself.
She made her way to Cosette and held out a hand to shake. She knew she’d already introduced herself, but she wanted to do it properly.
“Hello. My name is Emily, Emily Rose. I’m in the Raikou Dorm.” She smiled lightly, ignoring Belial’s impatient shakes from inside the Pokeball.
She had a quick glance over her opponent. Emily felt a little jealous. This girl had long blonde hair and stunning blue eyes. Emily always wanted long hair, but it was difficult for her to operate with it so she had to cut it short. She was also far too impatient to deal with growing it out. Without realizing it she was fiddling with her own hair using her other hand, she quickly moved her hand to adjust her glasses, hoping Cosette hadn’t really noticed.

“Shuuupet…” Drazi was hovering around Emily’s shoulder now. She hadn’t even notice him leave the Pokeball. The Shuppet shut it’s eyes and nodded slightly to the blond haired girl before turning to Emily again.
“Oh, hehe. This is Drazi.”

Soon after the previous class on contests had ended, another famous face strolled through the doorways o the courts. His hair was an unmistakable shade of orange. Even though he wasn’t Alex’s favorite Gym Leader, he was still a force to be reckoned with. He was one of the strongest trainers in the world.

The ever so famous Blue and some other students were talking to each other. It looked like he was reminiscing of his days as a budding trainer. He was probably eager to share his experiences with the class. Blue talked about the coming battle tournament and told the students that mock battles were going to take place.

“After all, you need to get used to your Pokemon,” Blue grinned.

Nurse Joy entered the courts with her signature Blissey at her side while Blue explained some of the basics of Pokemon battles. Alex kind of new how this stuff worked. She wasn’t an expert, but her dad did tell her a few things about trainer battles.

“Find your partners,” Blue told the class. “It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose. The purpose of this lesson is to improve the bond between you and your Pokemon, and to test our their moves.”

Riel Cillerion - Arthur Redgrave
Alice Stanford - Cilua Ryuu Alie
Cosette Meridith Sharron - Emily Rose
Alexandra McKenzie - Maria Wickers
Garrohn Hilior - Terry Smith
Alice Alexander - Estelle Ravendale
Hylia Sovira Tenula - Amaryllis Silvanus - Blake Ratchet

“Maria Wickers,” Alex mumbled to herself. “Teal hair, right?”

Alex wasn’t exactly the most sociable person. It felt kind of awkward to yell out her name.

“Might as well try to look around.”

Gadget would be fine with a battle, right? Butch was probably still sleeping, but Rook. What about Rook? She didn’t seem like the docile type. Hopefully Alex could control her. Rook didn’t even like Gadget, what about her opponent? Only if she could direct that ferocity somewhere else.

-sigh.-

Maria wasn’t paying much attention until she heard the words ‘three on three’.
Huh? Did I miss something? She listened intently after finding out they were going to have battles. Maria loved to battle. She rarely ever won, but she loved it anyway. The thrill of the fight as she and Camerupt would - Camerupt…

Maria looked down to the floor.

Maria had only ever fought with one Pokemon, that was Camerupt. He had evolved pretty quickly from Numel. She shook her head slightly.
No. This is different now. I can’t keep thinking like this. I have to move on. She shocked herself at what she was thinking. Move on? Move On!? I can’t forget about Camerupt, he’s still in that storage room. I have to get him back! He must be terrified. She looked up again, everyone was splitting to find their opponents.

Maria took a deep breath and pulled herself together. As much as she hated it, she had to accept that she was no longer a part of Team Magma and until she got her pass, she wouldn’t be able to get her Camerupt back.

“Right.” She whispered under her breath. Alexandra? Maria had to think back a little bit. Aww darn it, I knew I should have paid attention… She very vaguely remembered a name and a face, but she wasn’t sure if they matched. After watching the others a little she spotted the girl she was after. She waited for the crowd to pass a little before walking up to her.

She didn’t want to spend too much time talking. She felt awkward enough as she was. “Hi. You’re Alexandra, right?”

OOC: SHORT POST IS SHORT. ;n;

“Hi. You’re Alexandra, right?” A girl with teal hair asked. She looked a bit uneasy.

“Mmhm,” Alex nodded. She wasn’t exactly the social type either. “You can call me Alex. Maria, right?”

Reaching down into her pocket, Alex pulled out Gadget’s Poke Ball. There was something special about the Pidove. Something special between Gadget and his trainer.

Let’s go, Gadget. Alex thought.

Maria wondered about her name for a second. She was only used to Alex being a boy’s name. She knew it made sense to shorten her name to Alex but she couldn’t help but let the thought pop into her head.

“Yep. Let’s go Alex.” Maria nodded then happily walked over to the closest free court. Maria felt shudders of excitement run up her back. This had been the first time she’d battled in a while. She was thinking about what she should do when it came to her. This was a school to teach you about Pokemon, Maria has had lots of battle experience. She thought to herself if it would be unfair, but then again, they were all new Pokemon.

Maria didn’t spend too long thinking about it. She grabbed her first Poke Ball and pressed the button so it expanded.
“Ready?” She smiled to her new battle partner.
It was odd, Maria had no idea who was in which Poke Ball but she didn’t want to go through to figure out who was who. It was hard to explain but they all felt different slightly. They all had different energies. It was difficult to understand at this time as she wasn’t used to these new Pokemon. She wondered who was inside this one.

She aimed the Poke Ball and pressed the button. From the red and white capsule a stream of light was fired to the ground. On the floor stood a fiery Charmander. His tail flickering from side to side leaving a slight trail as the heat made the air shake in waves.

Maria wondered how this would turn out. She didn’t know her opponent’s Pokemon and she didn’t even know her own. She knew their species but had no idea what their moves and abilities were. Maria figured she would just ‘go with the flow’ and see how things turned out.