Pokémon That Would Be OP With Certain Ability Combos (Plus, Some Moves That Certain Pokémon NEED to Be Able to Learn!)

Slightly unrelated to PMU, but still related to Pokémon. Do you ever wondered how specific abilties with specific Pokémon would be gamebreaking? So, that’s basically it. I’m gonna RAICHU (LOL) every single Pokémon combination I can think of!

*Pokémon Showdown Import/Export Format Is Used Here

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA

• Soft-Boiled
  • Toxic
  • Seismic Toss
  • Heal Bell/Aromatherapy/Teleport

Reason: Chansey is near-unstoppable with her Eviolite. Only stat-boosted Pokemon and powerful Physical attackers can thrive against her. However, Chansey’s completely screwed when someone Knocks Off/Tricks her Eviolite and even more if it traps her with a Choice item. Sticky Hold makes Chansey have her biggest weakness doesn’t affect her. And this certainly, would make Chansey an OU S-tier or even an Uber.

Xurkitree @ Life Orb
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

• Tail Glow
  • Thunder
  • Dazzling Gleam
  • Grass Knot

Reason: Xurkitree is an extremely under-appreciated Ultra Beast that has potential to sweep with its massive SpA stat and access to Tail Glow as icing on the cake. But imagine if it also had access to Simple, doubling Tail Glow’s effectiveness, giving Xurkitree an instant 6-stat boost… That’s nightmare fuel for competitive players. Sure, Xurkitree is losing Beast Boost, one of the best abilities out there, but that’s hardly an issue.

Gliscor/Rhyperior @ Choice Band (Rhyperior)/Life Orb (Gliscor)
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe (Gliscor) / 252 Def (Rhyperior) / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA

• Earthquake
  • Rock Slide/Stone Edge
  • Ice Punch (Rhyperior)/Swords Dance (Gliscor)
  • Megahorn (Rhyperior)/Mega Punch (Rhyperior)/Steel Wing (Gliscor)/Dual Wingbeat (Gliscor, if it gets Dual Wingbeat - If Clefairy gets it, why not Gliscor?)/Roost (Gliscor)

Reason: Rhyperior and Gliscor are both Pokémon who evolved from previous generation Pokémon in Sinnoh onwards. They have access to many strong Rock- & Ground-Type moves, as it loves to spam Earthquake wherever they go. However, it doesn’t end there! Both are annoyed of how those pesky Levitate Pokemon like Rotom’s forms, Flygon & Azelf manage to ruin their plans and both of them wish to hit them with their best STAB move with their extremely high Attack stat. There’s a solution! Give them Mold Breaker. Flying-Type Pokémon aren’t as common in the Pokémon competitive metagames than in Mt. Skylift or something like that. They all could finally hit Eelektross and Rotom (especially Rotom-Heat, but not Rotom-Fan, which is the most useless Rotom form IMO) as he was supposed to! He can finally hit Claydol, Azelf, Flygon, Solrock, Uxie, Hydreigon… However, both of them have extremely useful abilities, with Rhyperior having Rock Head + Head Smash/Solid Rock and Gliscor having Hyper Cutter & Poison Heal, but as I said for Xurkitree, that’s hardly an issue since those abilities would work much better for them.

Credits to Arti for giving me the idea for this one

Regieleki @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Nature: Naive

• Thunderbolt/Thunder/Thunder Cage
  • Taunt (If it gets Taunt in a next game. I mean, nearly EVERY Pokemon learn Taunt, and the only ones that SHOULDN’T would be Pokémon like Caterpie, Kakuna, etc.)/Protect
  • U-turn
  • Ancient Power/Hyper Beam

Reason: Before showing the reason for Regieleki’s “OPness”, I didn’t specified IVs because all of them are 31 (Remember I’m using Showdown! template?). Sticky Hold would make many Pokémon OP, and Regieleki is no exception! Regieleki is the fastest Pokémon from all the 898 that exists, winning from Deoxys-Speed, who was the fastest Pokémon for 5 generations! As we all know, Electric-Type’s only weakness is Ground, which can be protected by the Air Balloon. “But, Lucariomen! What if the foe knows Trick or Knock Off?” - Sticky Hold. Just like with Chansey, Sticky Hold can make an item cover its most affected (in this case, only) weakness and, since it would not lose its item. “What about Magic Room?” - Two things. First - As I said, most Pokémon should know Taunt, and Regieleki would immediately Taunt Pokémon with the possibility of having Magic Room. Second - Even if doesn’t learn Taunt, Magic Room is FAR to situational and many Pokémon Showdown! players consider this move “Usually Useless”. It would lose its signature and arguably the best Electric-Type Pokémon ability, but, again, like with Chansey, Gliscor, Rhyperior and many others, that’s hardly an issue.

P.S.: The ability Naive was chosen to give at least a little bit more damage to U-turn. I chose Naive specifically because if I have chosen Hasty, it would make Regieleki vulnerable to Magic Room + Earthquake situations. Wonder Guard Regieleki would also work, but it would be to Taunt-dependant and what’s the fun of slapping Wonder Guard on everything?

electrode with ability wonder guard and item air balloon with any moves.

Reason: nothing can hit you unless they have mold breaker.

Air Balloon Electrode is a good idea, but Trick can always ruin this strategy. I’m gonna write your idea with a competitive point of view with another Pokémon - Regieleki (you’ll still be credited dw)!