Pokémon Training Competitions -- A New Kind of Event!

Hi guys,

So, I haven’t been around in a while - in game - at all but I came up with an idea for a new event. From my experiences with PMU, I got the most fun out of recruiting new Pokémon and training them to 100. I feel that a lot of people who play the game also feel the same. This is where the idea sparked. It was discussed on the discord server with KAEN, Andy and Prismatic so credit goes to those guys too!

The idea is essentially that there would be a training competition where people would have to get specific Pokémon to level 100 the fastest. Now, this would be highly limited. Andy suggested making it based off of recruits on a map and only allowing the server to consider Pokémon of that species caught afterward to be eligible for the race. There would be a time limit in play too. The first, second and third people to get to 100 would recieve some form of prize - perhaps a large incentive? - to give them a reason to participate.

There are, of course, some limitations to this though.

• Would we allow exp.all?
  • Would we allow exp items?
  • Would it only be overworld Pokémon, since the set Pokémon would have to be accessible somewhere to most people?

The latter may have a solution, though. The staff could set the spawns on a map somewhere in the PMU world and tell players that the contest has begun. The players would then have to try and find the specific map with the different Pokémon on, making it somewhat more challenging by adding a hide and seek element to it.

Let me know what you think! Can you think of any more limitations? Or any other ways to flesh this idea out even more?

I think this idea has great potential! Now I wonder – how long does it take the average player to get to level 100? :growlithethink:

+ Restricting the use of EXP items towards these mons, while problematic, might be necessary. Keeping it to Pokemon in the overworld might limit options a great deal as well though so it’s a tricky balance. We could just set longer lengths and bigger rewards for difficult to obtain Pokemon

2 Likes

Seeing as how most events nowadays favor participation over competition you could just make the prizes based off 1-3 day prize, 4-5 days, and last place of 6-7+ days which would keep it easy to keep up on and players would just report in when they are done training

But if you do wanna do it as a competition exp all is not a very big issue since 1-40 can be done in minutes with or without exp all and the level 1 recruits could just be in a special event map with high spawn where people quickly recruit the mons and begin the race

Overall very nice idea though training is super fun
+as for how long it takes to get to 100 (can be done in even a few hours if the mon has good stats/aoe moves)

GJ with this idea :):grinning: