Post-apocalyptic RP [Sign Up]

(This is my first time hosting an RP, so please take it easy on me!)

Plot

The year is 2035, and a great disaster has taken place throughout America. In 2023, North Korea declared war on South Korea. After trying to help South Korea who was in a war with North Korea, America’s forces were wiped out and America was forced to retreat. North Korea took control of South Korea, fusing into Korea. America thought that since the North Koreans had gotten what they were after, they would leave them be after the war. However, Korea had other plans. For twelve years, Korea was silent, working on a biological weapon that could destroy an entire continent, let alone a single country. By genetically modifying simple parasites, the weapon that Korea had spent years developing became a reality. These parasites had the ability to, not only infect their hosts, but mutate them completely while simultaneously driving the hosts insane, causing them to attack others nearby. What the extents of the mutations are exactly, nobody but the people under quarantine and Korea knew. The only know fact was that the only host that was immune to the parasite was the initial carrier. The mosquito.
Two weeks before the current date, a Korean plane flew over the eastern half of the United States in the dead of the night, and dropped what appeared to be a bomb shell, however, that’s not what it was. It was a canister that contained hundreds of mosquitoes that were infected with the parasite. In a matter of days, the entire eastern half of the United States was put under quarantine with no communication, and no transportation in or out of the Q-zone. Under no circumstances was a single person allowed in or out, for fear that the infection would spread.
However, small animals such as rats, bats, and the occasional cat or dog would get through the barricades, spreading the parasite.

It’s been two weeks since the initial attack, and your characters live in a city just outside of the Q-zone, aware or unaware that the zone moves a little bit closer everyday. Word of the spreading quarantine has caused panic in the city, and people are barricading themselves inside their homes. What will your character do? Because in this world, it’s survive, or die.

Map

(I’ll make a better one later. Sorry for the crappy writing skills.)

Infection stages/symptoms
Stage 1: Paranoia, restlessness/insomnia, coughing, sneezing, hyper sensitivity to non-fatal allergens, bruises. Rapidly becomes second stage.
Stage 2: Genetic mutations, nausea, headaches, vomiting, rash, fever, severe nerve damage, slight insanity. Takes slightly longer to reach 3rd stage.
Stage 3: Physical mutations, insanity.

Possible NP-Cs

Norman: Norman is in his late 40s and is the leader of one of the many groups in the quarantine zone. Due to his age, people in the group call him Gramps. He gets angry if he hears one of the members of his group calling him that due to his grandchildren dying of severe mutations when the mosquitoes were first released.
Samantha Brookes: A woman in her early 30s. She is very paranoid and doesn’t trust new people. She is part of Norman’s group.
Madam: A mysterious woman who claims she can help the infected. It is unknown if she is telling the truth. She wears a black dress and veil, so nobody knows who she really is.
(I’ll add more as the role-play goes on.)

Rules
Let"s start with the basics first.

1. Be respectful to one another. This is not the site where you go if you’re angry or upset. Please do not flame any of the boards or harass the other members. That was not what this site was intended for.
    Please no cussing. I know it’s a post-apocalyptic role-play, but cussing makes some people uncomfortable.

2. No Mary-Sues/Gary-Lous. In other words, the character that you create cannot be perfect. Like in real life, no one is talented in every sport and every academic subject. Everyone has their fears and dislikes, and so should your character.
    I don’t want people to be able to handle everything about this sort of situation. Sure there can be some kids/adults who know about survival, but they cant be perfect shots, kill everything in one hit.

3. No God-modding. This means, do not control another members character while Role-Playing. If both of you are in combat, then your character can throw a punch, but you can’t say you hit your opponent. Trust the other members and they will trust you. If we all follow this, everything will be fair and we will become better Role-Players.
    In this story, if you get mutated, you can’t return to a normal person! Period! No begging or whining if you originally wanted to become infected and then changed your mind. Also, under no circumstance will there be an immune person. That is god-modding, since only mosquitoes are the only things unaffected by the parasites. If you don’t say it when you sign up, and put it in the story, I will be a RPM (role-play master) and ask you to change it. If you refuse after 3 warnings, you will be removed from the role-play.

4. Use the spell check. It’s there for a reason, and I don’t think it should go to waste. I don’t care if there’s some spelling mistakes, because no one’s an expert speller, but If there’s excessive mistakes, I’ll ask you to change it.
    This means only one to four mistakes per post! I don’t want people writing in text talk. In other words, no: ‘r, u, 2, etc.’ When you write like that, it makes it hard to take your post seriously.

5. Write more than one or two sentences! If you write just two sentences, it makes it hard for the other role-players to go along with it. Be descriptive! It doesn’t have to be a five paragraph post, but please try.

6. Keep it PG-13. There can be romance, but please don’t take it out of control. If you want to be a little detailed, go ahead, but remember to keep it appropriate.

7. Plot Progression - if your actions aren’t obviously going to be interrupted by other players, don’t be afraid of doing several things over the course of your post. This can really help move the story forward, and prevent the frustration of being bogged down in bitty little posts. Remember your character’s goals. Don’t just react – have a plan. If you want to move the time forward more than a few minutes at a time, ask me first. I’ll make posts here and there saying that the time will skip from one day to the next, however if things are moving too slow for you, just ask and I’ll skip ahead with the time.

8. Don’t all group together! There is a lot of area to cover, so it’ll be funner if there are multiple groups moving throughout the quarantine zone! Don’t be afraid to be a loner though, sometimes it’s safer to move without a group.

9. If you have a question for other players or me, ask in the signup or in the RP by putting either (()),(), or [] around your question. I’m sure other players and myself will be more than happy to help you out.

10. Weapons- You won’t start off with a weapon. Once in the quarantine zone, you’ll have to fend for yourself. You can’t have any big weapons like AK47s or rocket launchers. You aren’t just going to find those laying on the street! People who own a lot of guns will most likely have their house boarded up. Handmade weapons, crowbars, baseball bars, pistols and other small things only! If you don’t want a weapon, you don’t have to have one, but in a story like this, it’s preferred.

11. Characters- You can only have 2 characters! If you want three, you will have to prove you can handle more than one or two, by doing decent posts on your first character. Also, do not refer to your character in first person unless when it’s being written down in a journal or something of the sort. Otherwise it confuses the other Role-players. I will have one or two main characters, but I will throw NP-Cs into the mix to help with plot.
    Say you want to be a scientist for example. It is possible for you to be a scientist, but you have to be from another country who is working on a cure to help the United States, but you can’t magically get your hands on it. You’ll need to get help from other scientists (who might be stubborn NP-Cs or other players) to get the cure. And it will take months to years before the cure gets close to being ready to be tested. Testing also includes getting test subjects from the quarantine zone that might get out of you lab and infect other countries, so be careful if you want to be a scientist!

12. Battles. You can’t win a fight in one post. That’s god-modding. If you are fighting a mutant or infected, and don’t have a weapon, chances are you will get infected.

13. Do not write in different colors! Black is the only color you are allowed to write in, as the other colors give me a headache, and other role-players find it distracting. If you start using other colors, I will ask you to change it. If you don’t change it after 3 chances, you will be removed from the role-play.

Now that we got the rules out of the way, on to the character sheet!

Character Sheet

Full Name:
Alias (Optional):
Nickname(s):
Appearance: (Description preferred, but you can use a picture.)
Weapon :
Biography / Background Story :
Personality:
Abilities/ Attributes / Traits:
Fears:
Other / Side Notes:

(If there is anything I am missing, please let me know.)

Introducing my character.

Full Name: Torren Chander Hoffen
Alias (Optional): N/A
Nickname(s): Tory
Appearance: (Description preferred, but you can use a picture.) Torren is a tall, lanky kid around the height of 6’ 1". He has messy ear length strawberry-blonde hair, and dark muddy brown eyes. He tends to wear the everyday average clothing of a teenager, and plain black sneakers.
Weapon : Torren is good with using a gun, but he doesn’t like to have to keep them on him. If he had to choose, he’d use a crowbar for close range and a pistol for medium range.
Biography / Background Story : Torren is from Hamburg, Germany. He came to the United States as foreign exchange student, and never really talked with the students in his class, and he never talked about his parents to anyone either. When the quarantine zone started and spread near the city he was in, Torren tried to get a flight back home. However, it was advised that no flight would leave or enter the United States near the border of the quarantine zone, so Torren was trapped. He couldn’t drive so he couldn’t get out of the area, so he decided to bunker down at the high school he was attending. He wasn’t the only one. All of the other foreign exchange students from Germany had the same idea, thinking that if they headed back to the homes they were staying in, than they wouldn’t know when the quarantine zone would reach them.
Personality: Torren is ultimately a good kid, but he has a bad temper when something bothers him. Due to his short temper, Torren tends to get in fights with other students or people. Most of the time he loses due to his size, but that never stopped him before. Torren likes to act tough, but really, he’s not. He just tries to keep up the act due to his anger management issues.
Abilities/ Attributes / Traits: Torren might not be tough , but one of his qualities is his survival skills. Torren was always one for going outdoors. Camping, hunting, fishing. He loved to do things like that. However, it’s been at least a year or two since he’s actually done anything to do with survival , so his skills are out of tune.
Fears: Although Torren’s a big outdoorsy person, he is absolutely afraid of spiders and rats.
Likes: Torren loves to go fishing, hunting and anything else that has to do with going outdoors. Although he might not admit it, Torren has an extreme addiction to anything that has to do with sugar.
Dislikes: Torren dislikes anything bitter. He also dislikes being cooped up in one place, or having other people rely on him.
Other / Side Notes: Torren likes to be by himself, but realizes that being a loner in this situation might not work out the greatest, and that too big of a group would lure the infected.

Full Name: Zack Adams (He doesn’t like this middle name, so no one really knows it)
Alias (Optional): N/A
Nickname(s): “Evil-eye” (Due to his red eyes)

Appearance: A tall, thin guy, red eyes, black, spiky hair. Usually wears a dark (Black or dark brown, blue, or red) shirt with blue jeans

Weapon : Baseball bat, or a gun (his dad used to take him to a shooting range somewhat close to his house)
Biography / Background Story : (I’m horrible at these…) When The mosquitoes were first released, Zack thought they could be killed out out in a short amount of time, but the Q-zone just kept getting bigger and bigger. His neighbors and friends staying inside and stocking whatever they could. Panic began to spread in him and everyone else. Especially when the mutations started. His father gave him a M1911 to survive off of in case of a tight spot (and 2 extra mags)

Before the craziness he was thinking of being a tech or a mechanic. He began to study cars and parts. (what they did, etc) His mother, Jane Adams was out on business when this started, and his dad, Jack, was at home.

Personality: Cautious, but kind to those close to him.
Abilities/ Attributes / Traits: Fast runner, knows a bit about cars (not much), has slight claustrophobia

Fears: Big, fast things coming at him. Being at the wrong end of a gun. Poison. :sick:
Likes: Baseball, Irregular things in other people (like… say… red eyes? :3)
Dislikes: Bugs (especially mosquitoes) small, dark rooms.
Other / Side Notes: Had a 5:40 mile time at age of 14 (an example of speed) (That may be stolen from a friend in real life :X)

edited: look ahead

I wouldn’t think it would count as a zombie apocalypse as the enemies, which are mutated humans, are still alive only they have reverted to the primal instinct of kill or be killed, however I suppose that it’s close to a zombie apocalypse. Also, I’ve added a quarantine zone map, so I hope it helps you come up with a back story. And sorry about the banning of color text. I tend to get distracted by them, and I have a hard time coming up with replies due to it.

I hope you don’t mind, but I’d like it if you’d add a little more to your background. For example, does Kazumi go to school even with the panic, was she home-schooled, or where are her parents during the attack. Theses things help me understand your character a bit more and make it so you as a role-player can have a bit more to use to develop relationships/friendships with other role-players’ characters in the role-play.

I’ll accept you both once you finish your biographies.

Heyo!~ [If your character is of Japanese descent and has a katana and a whole bunch of random junk, is that allowed?]

Fixed it, It is now longer.

Edit:

I think it’s allowed for you to have a Japanese pistol, but nobody leaves a katana lying around, and they cost thousands of dollars…

Oh yes, and my character is supposed to be of Japanese decent, but her mother was American and had red hair, so she took mostly after her mother, except for her dad needed glasses, she got that from him.

Your character is accepted. I’ll make the actual role-play thread once more role-players get accepted.

[quote=kianila-5]Heyo!~ [If your character is of Japanese descent and has a katana and a whole bunch of random junk, is that allowed?]
[/quote]

Characters can be descendent of any country. If the katana belongs to your family and is at your house, it is possible that you can use it. And about the random junk, It would depend on what the stuff is exactly.

Teh junk is ordinary junk. Old letters, family heirlooms, and other crud that could be mixed with other stuff to make crummy weapons

edited

Alright. Looks good to me. Accepted.

[quote=kianila-5]The junk is ordinary junk. Old letters, family heirlooms, and other crud that could be mixed with other stuff to make crummy weapons
[/quote]

Well. . .I suppose it’s possible. However, do note that some items will be heavier than others so they may weigh the character down if they take the stuff with them and will need a bigger bag to carry them. Also, if the character takes letters and pictures and other light items, then they won’t be weighed down much and won’t need much to carry them in. In other words, as long as it’s realistic, than I’m okay with it.

I’ll start the actual RP once we get one or two more people in the role-play.

I’ve decided to, since not a lot of people are joining, up the max character count for each role-player to two characters with a possibility of a third character if I think the role-player can handle it.

This reminds me so much of the Legend books by Marie Lu <3 I may join in, I need to develop the character a little more…

Full Name: June Merid
Alias (Optional):
Nickname(s): Junebug, but rather hates being called that.
Appearance: White race, Long red curly hair, pale skin, brown eyes. Skinny, usually wears a black trench coat and jeans.
Weapon: Pistol is the preferred weapon, but is a skilled marksman.
Biography / Background Story: She was originally a detective on the east coast only with an uncle, and gained the necessary knowledge very early at seventeen. She worked there for a year until the government told all departments of the police about the treat coming in a week. Many didn’t make it, including her uncle and many other of her department acquaintances. She currently lives in this city now, aware of it’s spreading.
Personality: Serious, but deceiving. She may help you when you least expect it. She tries her best to smile, but she keeps most of her past secret; probably hurting her more than helping.
Abilities/ Attributes / Traits: Trained marksman, trained detective
Fears: Storms, death, and sickness
Likes: When everyone gets along and teamwork, peace and quiet
Dislikes: Dark or ominous places, chaos
Other / Side Notes: None

Accepted.

I’ve decided to remove my origonal character since I never actually used it. I’ve also decided to try to act as twin brothers in a family of all girls, with no dad cuz he died. Anyways, I really hope you don’t mind. Plus I have two brothers that have already had to experience it.

Full Name: David Clark
Alias (Optional): Wayne Burns
Nickname(s): D-Dawg
Appearance: (Description preferred, but you can use a picture.) Dirty blonde hair, silvery blue eyes that sparkle in brighter sunlight, almost always wearing a creeper themed hoodie (Yes, I do mine craft every once and a while. They play it a lot more often, but I join them sometimes.) wears a different shade of blue jeans every day (because he uses too much bleach! XD) and has Nike sneakers
Weapon : Two dual wheeled pistols, and a bow and quiver that he has epic aim with (once shot a tree from 7 yards away, and shot a bird out of the air with wind moving the air away from the direction the bird was flying, and the bird was 12 yards away from him when it landed) and also, has a family katana from his dad’s japanese decent
Biography / Background Story : Moved into western U.S. at the age of 6, and lived mostly inside his house off the computer from when he was 7 to the age of 14, when he finally started playing outside with friends. At the age of 15 he moved more to the middle western area of the U.S. along with his parents and sisters and brother. At the age of 16 he got his drivers permit, and would drive his younger sisters to school.
Personality: Very kind to all, except to people who challenge him for thinking he had the disease.
Abilities/ Attributes / Traits: | Abilities: Is very talented with a bow and arrow. Could shoot an apple off a kids head from 5 yards away, and shoot off a zombies head from 9 yards away. | Attributes: Can be shy around new people, but gets along pretty fast. | Traits: Shy around new people, but mostly around girls, except for his sisters, of course.
Fears: Getting the disease, using explosives, handling sharp objects (which he can get over easily when holding the katana handle) and mosquitoes
Likes: Pumpkin pie, apple juice, apple cider, rainbows, pigs, cows, sheep, chickens
Dislikes: sparkling apple cider, applesauce, apple pie, apples, lemonade that doesn’t have extra water in it, mosquitoes.
Other / Side Notes: “Here comes Davis, Mah Twin!” :3
[hr][/hr]

Full Name: Davis Clark
Alias (Optional): Alfred Gonzalez
Nickname(s): The Bawss
Appearance: (Description preferred, but you can use a picture.) Brown hair, black shades, black tuxedo vest with white undershirt, and black tie. Nobody knows his eye color, cuz he never takes off his shades. Many people, including David think he is blind, because he never cleans his glasses.
Weapon : Dark Stone Katana made from centuries old meteorite that crashed down to earth, given to his mom when he was 3 in case of emergencies
Biography / Background Story : Moved into western U.S. at the age of 6, and lived mostly outside his house with his friends, by the age of 16 he got his drivers permit, and always drives himself and his best friend Samantha to school. By the age of 16 and a half she got infected, and was taken to the Q-zone
Personality: Very strict, when talking to his brother and his team of friends with weapons. Can be sensitive when talking about samantha, but when someone makes fun of her, he screams at them.
Abilities/ Attributes / Traits: | Abilities: Very good with his sword, though blind, and is .25 better with all of his senses because he is blind. With taste, hearing, smell, and feeling, he is .25 more sensitive.
Fears: Nothing but fear it’s self
Dislikes: The disease
Other / Side Notes: “Okay, lets get moving gang.”