hello once again. recently i participated in a convo with some of the staff and some other players on discord regarding changing how red moon spring works.
there are a number of reasons why
- red moon spring has no real relation to the dungeon in which it is located, loch lenile cavern. loch lenile is themed after the loch ness (and the loch ness monster) and red moon spring was a later addition to the dungeon. resurrecting fossils has no relation to the dungeons lore, especially when most are obtained in tanren chambers, some place totally unrelated.
- the spawn rate at which this secret room is a source of frustration to many players as it is very tedious to find and a quite rate spawn. some people run loch lenile 10 times without encountering a red moon spring.
- it is very tedious, and i think players should be rewarding for the feat of finally obtaining a fossil, not have to do a trivial task to redeem their fossils which ultimately is less of a challenge than it is annoying and boring, especially since if you have fossils youll be long past the level range of llc.
i think making red moon spring its own location, or having it be obtained in an alternative method, would be beneficial for players, as well as giving loch lenile its identity back, rather than “that dungeon you have to run if you wanna get a fossil pokemon” when the concept of the dungeon itself is fairly novel and is not a bad dungeon in of itself
kirk proposed that red moon spring could be a location somewhere, such as a shrine. this could still be exclusive to night time, which is fine. as for what the “price” should be as an equivalent exchange for no longer having red moon spring be a mystery room, there are a few things that could be implemented so that red moon spring could still have a “cost” to use while being less frustrating
- share the unlock requirement with silver keys. these would give them more of a value, because silks are not in super high demand at the current moment.
- require to buy a key from an npc with poke somewhere in the region the new shrine is moved to
- create a dungeon similar to cliffside cave with the engraved tablet filled with fossil pokemon where the end reward is a guaranteed but consumable key item.
- give as a reward in certain TC boxes, as many fossils are in end boxes there anyway.
these are a few options, and if you have others, or input, feel free to share. thanks for your time reading. i think this was a very good topic brought up in the discord and a thread was requested to be made for it.