Removing the need for status healers

Today, if you want to dungeon effectively, you will need a status healer. The problem with this is how few pokemon have access to status healing moves. This limits team building and prevents you from using a team you actually want to use. So, I propose a solution.

Medicine pouch (I’m really bad at naming things :smile:). It’s an item, that once in the bag will heal the whole team of status conditions upon floor transition. Like in the PMD games.

This item will strike a balance between not making status healing moves useless, while also not making status healers neccessary. As you will still need to pass to the next floor, which can be dangreous. Making status healing moves still good as you can do it anywhere.

And for fun the…
Item description:
A pouch filled with different medicinal supplies. Have this item in your bag to cure all status conditions when you move floors.

That’s all!
I’ll catch you all on the flipside, see ya!

sounds like a neato idea!

1 Like

What you thought of could potentially be another ability item! If you didn’t know, there are some items that grant abilities to your Pokémon like Spore Sac giving your mons effect spore, and Treasure Specs giving your Pokémon frisk. Spore Sac only needs to be kept in the bag to take effect, so I would imagine that keeping this medicine pouch item in your bag would give your Pokémon natural cure.

Honestly I really want to see more ability items in the game.

2 Likes

Ooh, natural cure ability item. I like!

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really know how natrual cure in this game works. I figured it was like it would have a chance of healing you randomly for each tile. But as long as it heals on floor change, then it justs adds to my idea! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

YaYa! natural cure works excatly like this item of yours, healing status conditions at 100% chance on floor change! :wigglyjoy:
although sadly only on the user,
i really like this idea, would really help mix up the gameplay and take some wind out of gems while still being worse because preventing something is always better then cureing it later, if they are a bag item, if they are held items it would probably be hard to slot them instead of the usals held items, but having the choice would be nice eitherway! :wigglyjoy:

the effect you mention here works similary to shed skin instead, which may heal you whener you perform a action, or healer which i the same thing but for your party members instead and garanteed :wigglyjoy:

1 Like

I agree but It doesn’t really need to be an Item. At least that’s how I feel
You mention PMD does this already

and paralysis only lasted a few turns

Statuses should do the same thing In PMU, I really don’t know why they don’t or didn’t to begin with

Natural Cure In PMD I think just randomly cures your status every time you move/attack or something

If It was changed, Safeguard and Gems would still be helpful In wherever. Having statuses last until you have a way to heal them literally only makes the game harder for new players ( and adds faux difficulty elsewhere ). Status healing Items should only be needed If you particularly want to stay on a floor, not feeling like a requirement

3 Likes