Replace/Update Zoroark spriteset

Is there any possibility of the current spriteset for Zoroark being replaced with the newer set on pmdcollab? The new set is of higher detail and quality.

For comparison:
zoroark1
zoroark2

I don’t think PMU uses any PMDCollab sprites. There’s a dedicated spriting team that creates new sprites from scratch.

1 Like

That doesn’t seem to be true. At least some of the Gen V+ mons are using the spritesets on pmdcollab (Pidove is using the exact same sprites, for example), and both Zorua and Zoroark are using the “alternate” portraits on pmdcollab.

1 Like

Perhaps the artists of these PMU sprites also uploaded their sprites to PMDCollab? Not really sure how it all works but this could’ve been what happened.

1 Like

I agree the sprite looks better but I think the reason SpriteCollab sprites aren’t used over ones we already have Is because they require credit to use and there’s a lack of a proper list of credits

PMU uses a lot of free to use sprites that existed before PMDCollab, which were added to the SpriteCollab repository during Its production. So that’s why

The portraits are by Mucrush and the sprite by Powercristal, who made free to use PMD style sprites on their DeviantArt a long time ago

1 Like