Rin's Comprehensive Shiny Hunting Guide

Hello! I’ve decided to make a guide on my favourite thing to do in this game, hopefully making it more accessible and less of a hassle for newer players. Give it a read if you have time; I’d really appreciate feedback or comments. I hope this can be a resource that I can continually update from time to time!

5 Likes

Well made and very informative, very impressive work! :wigglyjoy:

I feel like adding something that may interested newer and older player,
in Adavance Resourses Team building pt2 It’s talked about pokemon with flash and how having a pokemon with multiple instances of the move flash can help a lot keeping every floor of the dungeon all nice and bright,
to add to this i would like to introduce to whoever dosen’t know about them the mighty Emolga,
emolga learns flash and it’s fam item restores 1 pp to all of it’s moves on floor switch (dosen’t need to be emolga) allowing for infinite flash usage saving your ethers for you main runner!

1 Like

added this! thank you for the suggestion, i did not know that as i do not personally use emolga (gonna have to try to invest in one myself at this point haha), but i feel like that sounds invaluable!

1 Like

Nice work Rin!

My speedrunner of choice atm is Salamence. It has more accessible family items than Noivern since it lacks *1 and *2 ones, and it has an incredibly strong Outrage that could grow even stronger if you get lucky with Moxie. A hard-hitting fly makes me happy too. Sadly it can only heal when on the ground.

One thing I do hope in the future is when Skeledirge comes into pmu, it will be gifted a speed-boosting fam item in Sun, which would make it the 2nd ghost type to have both 4x movement speed and reliable recovery. Unlike Sableye, it wouldn’t have to rely on a weather that can’t be set via moves/abilities, and it doesn’t have a terrible ability holding it back.

1 Like

This is incredibly well-written! I’m a bit embarrassed to say I didn’t even know some of the things described in the guide, such as move buffering. That’s a really cool tactic that I might start using in the future.

Nicely done. I’m sure a ton of newer PMU players would find this really insightful :buiwave:

1 Like

i Iove it. weII done.
now put it on pmu wiki :pleading_face: