rock/Hard rock, anyone?

I just wanted to know, is there any rock/hard rock band lovers here in PMU?

This is not a topic for jonas brothers or hannah montana.Have that in mind

My favorite rock/hard rock bands are…

1.Guns n’ roses
2.aerosmith
3.pink floyd
4.cheap trick
5.Rush

If you like rock/hard rock, what are your favorites?

…those aren’t hard rock bands at all…try Dragonforce, thats hardcore

aerosmith, not rock?
guns n’ roses, not rock?

do you even know these bands?I know they’re old, but not that old
try checking the bands before saying stuff like that
and plus, Dragonforce is metal, not hard rock or rock.

…I disagree and I didn’t say they weren’t rock, just not Hard Rock…and Dragonforce…debatable I admit

guns n’ roses is hard rock
just like aerosmith
rush is rock
just like cheap trick
and pink floyd.

by rock/hard rock i meant hard rock songs and plain rock songs.

hard rock is not metal

Eh, well…‘hard rock’ to me is pretty much whatever isn’t ‘light rock’ or ‘metal’. xD Imo, Guns 'N Roses is pretty ‘hard’, same with most Aerosmith. I guess it really depends on what kind of person you are. Personally, I listen to all kinds of different rock and I do like what most would call ‘hard rock’, but for some reason I never really liked metal. Yes, there /is/ a difference between metal and hard rock, and I’m not really a metalhead but I have slipped into Metallica and Krokus (I really don’t like them alltoomuch xD) a couple times, admittingly… o-o

My favourite rock, regardless of how ‘hard’ it is, including alternative rock~ x3:

Queen (#1 Favourite, no questions asked)
Oasis (#2 Favourite…they’re britpop, hahah xD)
KISS
Led Zeppelin
REO Speedwagon (Man, I love 'em)
Green Day (heehee~)
Kansas
Boston (I really love them too <3)
The Beatles (“duh”, really :P)
The All-American Rejects
Genesis
Aerosmith
The Who (ohooooh Magic Bus~)
Weezer
AC/DC (some of their songs; yeah, they’re pretty cool)

Geez, I know I have many more, but these are merely the ones off the top of my head. :lol:

Queen is a very good band, i love how they “stuff” up sounds in the backround,it makes their songs much more lively.
I like the starting of “smoke in the water” by led zeppelin, it’s very cool.
Beatles, that’s like the epicness of the 60’s.
Ac-Dc= best australian rock band in my opinion
I’ve just checked out magic bus from the who, it’s pretty good!

Not really a ‘Hard Rock’ Fan, but I’m a huge Rock music fan, so yeah let me write down my favorite Rock Bands,unless some of them don’t really count.

-NickelBack
-All American ReJects(Those Guys are rock?O>O)
-Linkin Park
-Three Days Grace(I think these guys are)
-Hot Chili Peppers(I think)

Honestly, I can’t tell music from its defined genre XD.And to be honest I just like songs from these groups, I’m a Rock/Pop Fan more than anything though, I can’t stand Classical though,XD. But I don’t know precisely the genres and what bands belong under here, and if I did, I would post them because I bet there is more.

WOLFY D< You took all of mine basically D: Mine are the same, but in a different order. o.e

WOLFY D< You took all of mine basically D: Mine are the same, but in a different order. o.e

;P You’re welcome.

Although, my favourites aren’t exactly in order of how much I like them, aside from the first two. I was just listing them as they came to my head. :P I’m sure there’s a lot I’ve forgotten; in fact, looking back at it now, I realise I missed quite a few that I just thought of right now, like the Rolling Stones, The Clash, Hootie and the Blowfish, Skillet…oh, and I got reminded of the Red Hot Chili Peppers too from Cynder’s post.

THE LIST GOES ON FOREVAH.

Queen is a very good band, i love how they “stuff” up sounds in the backround,it makes their songs much more lively.
I like the starting of “smoke in the water” by led zeppelin, it’s very cool.
Beatles, that’s like the epicness of the 60’s.
Ac-Dc= best australian rock band in my opinion
I’ve just checked out magic bus from the who, it’s pretty good!

Yeah, the cool thing I really like about Queen was their tendency to bring a different sort of uniqueness to each song by “stepping out of the box” with variations of rock genres. I agree, Brian May’s guitar in the background really brings out the songs - he’s really creative with his guitar playing. Not to mention the piano parts; always genius. :)

“Magic Bus” is one song I really like from The Who, but I really like a lot of them. “My Generation”, “Won’t get Fooled Again”, “Pinball Wizard” (HOO YEAH), “Eminence Front” “Baba O’Riley”, and of course, “Behind Blue Eyes” are only a few of the really great ones imo.

I like rock/hard rock so much <3

This is my favorite groups:
Green Day
Three Days Grace
Nickelback
Maybe Linkin Park

I have got more groups, but this four is Favorite ^^

Twin?!? Same list, Except without Evansence, Hot Chili Peppers, and All American Rejects.

Twin?!? Same list, Except without Evansence, Hot Chili Peppers, and All American Rejects.[/quote]

Aw mah gosh! Really sorry, i forgot about Evansence :S

30 Seconds to Mars. Ofcourse one of my favs. :3
Three days grace
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Linkin Park
All American Rejects
System of A Down
Guns 'n Roses
Living Colour

Much more, don’t want to say em all atm. :3