Sandy shallows Secret rooms

It’s been awhile since, but the pikachu that was once in the sandy shallows SR as been changed to a alolan raichu, which is awsome for alolan raichu to have a permanent home,

Howerer some pretty big issues have arised from such as change,
that being that the SR was not made to house a exclusive recruit in it,

it was created to house a rare pikachu with a unique covrage to it, so it was rightfully made pretty hard to optain as it was throphy of sort,
a very rare sr in a mere 9 floors, taking avarage of 5 runs to get a single sr to spawn while searching every single tile, with a very low recruit rate.

this hower does not fit for a normal recruit,
all other SR pokemon recruits are in SRs which spawn much more frequently in bigger amounts of possible floors,
making alolan raichu much much rarer then any other SR recruit in the game,

to fix this issue i suggest making the SR spawn much much more commonly,
because as it currently stands the only resonable way to recruit alolan raichu is to exploit guild meet ups. as rolling a -9% base recruit rate every five ish runs of stepping on every tile on floor21to29 that take 30 minutes each is not a enjoyable experience and not something i belive any solo player should be subjected to

The issue I’m having here, is if I’m judging how rare alolan raichu should be based off of how it compares to surf pikachu, I’d probably be making alolan raichu more rare, not less.
One is a rare version of a starter (surf pikachu), another is a mon that comes from from a rare version of a starter (the pikachu that would be able to evolve into an alolan raichu). Even if you don’t agree regional variants should be considered rarer than their original forms, that’s how the game treats the other regionals with how rare they are compared to their original forms.
The big difference though, outside of one being evolved and making the recruit rate worse (that part I don’t actually agree with, if that helps), is that one rare starter gives you a single good move, another gives you an entire new form that is largely favored over the original.

i did want to propose to raise it’s recruit rate, but people and staff where pretty adamant it’s a really good recruit rate for a evolved pokemon,
so instead wish to propose to make the sr take less time to find,

i wasen’t really comparing surf raichu with alolan,
my post speaks about how the sr itself, compares to other secret rooms, like basculin’s, lapras’s, meowstic’s,
those secret rooms are way more common and with higher recruit rate.
and to the fact pikachu was optainable in other dungeons, giving a alternative, which is not the case for alolan raichu

that does not seem quite true to me, altho it is true that the all mostly are in higher level dungeons, apart from like alolan vulpix which is in a lower level dungeons then regular vulpix (or not depending on where you rank HT), they all seem to be more or less the same difficult to get,
like alolan rattata, sure it’s in a higher level dungeon but it’s the same recruit rate and a commonish spawn, the more common usage of the recruit of stuff like rattata and grimer seem more related to how differently staff handled dungeons in the past and early game then how it does in more recent times, rather then them seeking to porpusely make them rarer, but i digress

the main argument i wish to spurr is that this is just not a fun inplementantion of a exclusive recruit,
the secret room appears to have been originally designed to not be something huntable, and instead a funky surprise for people looking for wishiwashi or ID locked spawns cause if they wanted to get pikachu they should just go to SF, this is no longer a thing.

taking upwards of 3 hours of very boring gameplay of sweeping every floor to get a single chance at a very very low recruitrate pokemon is not a fun experience and not anything anyone should be forced to do,
you can argue dratini and alolan vulpix or whishiwashi are also very time consuming to get, but those are at least garanteed recruits, alolan raichu is not. not in the slightest,
and if you wish argue lapras is not fun to get either, well, i agree and lapras should maybe be made easier to get.

2 Likes