Shiny Spawn and Recruitment Rates

As there’s some confusion here as to what exactly I mean in the OP, let me clarify. I don’t think any of us want shinies as a whole to be more common. Let me try to break down how I understand things to be now versus what I’m suggesting it be changed to.

Under the current system, we’ll assume odds around 1/1000 for our theoretical shiny to spawn and the average recruit rate for most players to be at around 25%. What I’d like to see instead, is a 1/4000 chance for the shiny to spawn, but a recruit rate of 100%.

Both of these scenarios result in the same number of shinies coming into the game, but the latter doesn’t wave a shiny in front of the player’s face before yanking it away. It’s also less affected by pokemon gifts and recruitment boosting items.

In all, what I’d like to avoid is a new player coming into the game, seeing a shiny, and then nine times out of ten being heavily discouraged when that shiny fails to actually join them.

Obviously the exact numbers I don’t know right now, but the gist of it is I’d like to see the spawn rate divided by around the number of “dud” shinies a player would normally encounter on average in the current system, in exchange for the recruit rate being bumped up to 100%. Rarity is preserved, disappointment is minimized.

2 Likes