Since Forgotten - A PMD Roleplay - RP

OOC
Anyone who is looking at this, welcome. If you"re part of the RP, we"ll be starting shortly. If you"re not, feel free to sign up at any time, just wait for approval to post here. In this RP there are certain laws that follow:

1. Time is frozen, nothing inanimate moves without being interacted with by a Pokemon.
  2. Pokemon do not have to eat out of necessity (though out of comfort, is of course, alright). Nor do they have to sleep. There is no effect of age on any Pokemon.
  3. Not all Pokemon are capable of surviving in frozen time. Many Pokemon lose the will to continue, and fall asleep, freezing them in time.
  4. Any Pokemon who falls asleep cannot be woken up by conventional means.

Without further ado, shall we proceed?

RP
Jinx. Almost instantly conscience flooded into the Marowak. Was that his name? Had he been called? The voice was not his elder’s however, and it summoned up images of fire roaring all around him. Where a wall of lush forest should have been, only the greedy hands of a great inferno waited, closing ever closer.

Jinx. Again, the word summoned to mind the silhouette of a great beast, something terrible. Where no dreams should be a nightmare unfolded before Jinx, filling him with long-ago emotions like agony and panic, and the fear of death. The beast drew closer, bringing the wall of fire with it, ever nearer to the defenseless Marowak.

“Jinx.” The word was simple, and as soon as it was spoken so directly, the fires of memory died. Jinx found himself stranded amid the void of his own mind, adrift in a land where he had no footing. The silhouette of the beast was still present, but the flames that it had conjured had died. Before Jinx, in the illusion of his thoughts, Lord Entei stood. “Guardian.”

Jinx lowered his head instinctively, out of respect. The legendary beast, the Unseen before him, was imposing and loomed over him with ferocity, despite the feebleness and exhaustion that were so heavily carved into his words. When Jinx looked back up, he struggled to contain his fear. Never had he seen one of the Unseen so broken, “So it is time?”

“For you, it is ‘time’,” Entei replied with tired words. “The burden of time grows heavy on my shoulders, and I fear that my strength is held to me by but a twine.” Entei looked past Jinx, into the ether of his thoughts, “Time grows heavy on us all.”

“What of Natio, he was supposed to wake me. He… hasn’t summoned me yet.” Jinx replied, worry edged into his voice.

“Natio is not awake, I cannot call your elder. His is the call of something greater, but I cannot wait any longer to call you,” the great image of Entei flickered. “Wake up.”

“But… I have no guide, no leader, no direction. I don’t even have my followers, the Guard… is gone,” panic gripped Jinx like a vice. “There is no Guard, there has never been a time without a Guard!” Jinx struggled to control his words. Despite all his mastery, his experience, his greatness… this was something he was not prepared to do.

“Then you will have to make this the time of the Guardian.” Entei’s eyes seemed to cloud with exhaustion. “Farewell.”

As the image died in his mind, the silence of reality burned itself into Jinx. “I cannot be expected to fix this entire world alone!” The words were real. Shouted out to echo against the walls of an old base. This place had once been his home before the end of the world. Now it was a mess, cluttered with the remnants of some great panic. Jinx gripped his club. He looked toward the old latter at the entrance of the base, and stepped forward.

He would take a waking nightmare over the emptiness of timeless sleep.

“Every book in this blasted library…” He set down the last stack of worn out writings next to the pile of all the others. Turning back and fondly regarding the fort he unintentionally built with them, he said again: “Every book in this blasted library, too. I’ve read all of them. Every single one and nothing conclusive.” At this point his voice rose from a subtle whisper under his breath to an audible outdoor voice. “Not even a single riddle or hint as to what in blazes is happening!” He whipped his arm at his lovely book fort, knocking the ones he touched to the ground while sending the others into the air until they gradually came to a stop a few feet above the ground. He began to yell, getting angry at himself for having sat there for an increasingly pointless time.

“Oh who am I kidding? As if I’m wasting my life sitting here, reading all of these books!” He sighed and rose his voice even louder. “We’ve got all the time in the world! No one’s dying here! Everyone can literally spend an eternity doing whatever they want and we’ll all be back before dinner’s ready!” His voice echoed through the empty library. No one spent their eternal moment in a place like this. Some were outside, sitting on the stairs, sleeping. Sleeping is a dangerous problem these “days.” It was discovered in many different areas after people couldn’t wake up their loved ones and realized that it had taken much longer than it should for morning to rise. On this half of the world, the people are trapped in eternal dawn, something they should show great thanks for. Some places aren’t lucky enough to have light. There are areas in the world covered in the blackest of nights. The people there are doomed to be sucked up by the invisible bad that—

Booker spaced out a bit. He occasionally does this. Having so much time allows him to take a small break to cleanse his mind of the trouble. While he does not advocate the loss of time, he does love to reap the benefits. He walked out of The Exbel Library. He caught something with his peripheral vision. It appeared to be another person sleeping. Booker liked to think people who opted to sleep had the most patience. He also thinks those people gave up. Instead of helping to restore time (having deemed it an impossible task a long long time ago), many began to wait. They will wait until time returns, if it does. Booker wonders about when they wake up. When tough trials appear again in the future, will they know what hope is? Or will they “fall asleep” having since forgotten?

Tilati flew towards Exbel, examining the land around her. The Yanma didn’t like what she saw, as everywhere she looked, time was stopped. To her, this world was a curse where only the strongest survive, and the weak slip into an endless sleep. In her old home, Tilati watched as the stronger Pokemon took out the weaker Pokemon, who barely had the will to keep from falling into the endless sleep like so many others already had. It was then she had decided to leave her home, and find a place where she could train, possibly with the help of others.

She’d often heard of a place called Exbel, but Tilati had never been there herself. She used the information she’d gotten from traveling Pokemon who came to her grove home, to piece together a map in her head, but if she was going to make it there, she’d have to rely on her eyes and her wings.

“Time has stopped, and the world seems to have fallen into ruin. Some call this endless day or night to be a gift, but in reality, this isa curse. Those with families are forced to watch their loved ones fall into the deep sleep, and I’ve seen many a pokemon suffer as those who are stronger hunt down those they know are weaker.” Tilati spoke to herself as she flew at a decent pace. She didn’t want to move too fast, as one of her wings was slightly damaged from a fight. “Hopefully, I’m headed in the right direction. I need a decent place to train, and from what I had heard, Exbel should be a good place to start.”

Ally looked at the frozen raindrops. To her, this was normal. She was born right before time had frozen. She didn’t remember anything about the time when rain actually fell, and the trees swayed with the wind. Her mother had often told her things about the past, when you had to sleep. Now, sleep was a dangerous thing. Her mother had told her that if she wanted to live, she would have to keep herself from falling asleep. Now, she was gone along with the rest of her family. She completely sure though, and hoped that there was someone in her family still alive, somewhere out there.

“I’m not sure I want to live anymore. There is nothing here. I’ve lost my family. What is there in life anymore?” She whispered sadly. “If what my mother said was true, I wish I lived back then, and not now,” she thought. Although there were many dangers back them, it seemed to be a happier time. Either way, the freezing of time was not enough to save her family was it?

Ally sat on a field of grass and thought about all the good times she had with her family. She would not fall into the deep endless sleep. She would be strong. It was for her family. She couldn’t give up and drift off into the endless sleep that many others had already fallen into.

[i]Chaos, Jinx could hardly keep up with it. A rush of colors and voices and emotions and then… nothing. Jinx was alone at the center of his old home, trash and belongings scattered and forgotten by those who sought to run from the end of the world. Jinx was no fool, there was nowhere to run. It could only buy time, and not much of it at that.

“Jinx?”[/i]

Jinx stood on the edge of the cliffs near the old base. Below him, waves were frozen as they crashed against them, mist and foam still suspended in the air. Nearby, another figure stood, though frozen in time. Jinx turned to look at the old Xatu, who, despite his condition still radiated an aura of wisdom and peace. Jinx turned his eyes back beyond the cliffs, and beyond the sea, where the sun sat suspended in the East, heralding a new day that would never come.

[i]“You are still here?” Natio’s words were calm, and the question held no hint of surprise. Jinx wasn’t sure if it was a question.

“Of course, there’s nowhere else to go,” Jinx replied.

“Ever the pessimist I see, come up to the cliffs. We’re getting ready to watch the sun rise.”

Jinx nodded and followed the Xatu up the ladder and onto the cliffs. Another figure was perched upon a tree that reached out over the ledge. “Ah, Jinx, how are you this fine morning?” It was a deep and gentlemanly voice belonging to a massive Noctowl. “I was just considering a nap myself, but… what with the event and all.”

“It is good to see you’re still as preposterous as always, Caeser,” Jinx muttered as he approached the cliff edge. The breeze caught his cape and ruffled it slightly. There was an ironic sense of comfort that the morning sun seemed to radiate as it began as a sliver, then a growing circle in the sky.

“Ah, just on time,” Caeser pointed to the horizon, where a line seemed to distort the air as though a thin veil of water were being cast over the world.[/i]

Jinx turned his back to the cliffs, and to Natio, who’s eyes were still closed to the world. He shouldered his cape and reached to his bone club where he had left it stuck in the ground. With the only possessions he would need, he set out, entering the tunnel that would lead him West toward the civilized world. He could not achieve this task alone, so he would have to find help in whoever had survived the timelessness. His first stop would be whatever was left of Exbel.

Walking in the open roads of present day Exbel was both a good idea and a terrible one. Booker learned this in, fortunately, the simple way. When traveling the road, one is likely to come across a mass of sleeping bodies laying in the ground. Booker was told a long time ago that this was a dark metaphor of some sorts. They would fall asleep in the road, hoping to get themselves run over in their sleep so they don’t have to live this terrible nightmare. Whether or not it was true doesn’t really interest him.

There is of course the bad aspect of traveling on roads. Occasionally there are bandits lurking in the forests beside, or soaring from the skies, or digging from below, all sorts of ways. They’ve gotten creative. They’ve had enough time, enough life, to cause trouble in different, unsuspecting ways. Some criminals have taken their new lifespan and twisted it in the most cynical way. There is a type of cult or religion floating around the crime cesspool. The belief that tragedy will motivate time to return. That death is the both our exit and salvation. People have become so crazy and filled with that belief that they take death into their own hands. They share their faith by making people into deadly messiahs or killing them all together. Sleep is forbidden. “What a terrible thing…”

Booker’s eyes looked at one particular body lying in front of the directional sign. Apparently this slakoth decided to sleep on the stupid arrows. A lot of people sleep in odd places. Booker isn’t entirely sure why. He picked up the sleeping body and placed it on the ground beside the sign.

“North to Exbel’s Library, further to Winden.” He read. Booker had come from Winden in his search for a library. No helpful data, however. “South from this point: Exbel Square.” Booker followed the arrow. His plan was to go from Exbel Square east or west, having explored the entire north side. One could say the Square remains true to its motto, even in this age. “…From Exbel Square… From there, you can go anywhere.” Booker pressed on.

“Who made that up…??”

Tilati flew up higher to get a better look at the surrounding area. She spotted a small area with buildings and decided that it would be best to check there first. She’d never been this far from home, and she was still quite a ways away from her destination.
“I wonder what I can do, yet even if I ask myself, I wont know until I try to do something. This I know. For now, I will look for others who wish to end this eternity, and hopefully, they will be willing to accept my help.” Tilati spoke to herself, as she continued to soar through the sky. She tended to talk to herself when she was trying to come up with a plan.

(sorry for the small post. I couldn’t come up with anything bigger.)

The young Espeon wished to know what it felt like to be able to feel the wind blowing and raindrops falling onto her fur. It sounded like paradise compared to now. She hoped the world would go back to how it was before. Obviously, she couldn’t do it alone, but still, she could not bring herself to trust another pokemon. After she left her destroyed home, she had seen no pokemon anywhere. She didn’t know if this was good or bad. Most likely though, if she were able to find any, they would be in the endless sleep.

She knew she would need help to end this nightmare that she was born into. Her mother had told her everything was better back then, and if her mother said so, she would believe so. If this were to continue, she would never know what wind felt like. Ally was a curious pokemon, and because of that, she longed to know everything about the past.

She walked across the fields towards a small town. She would have to rid of her fear if she was going to end what her mother called a nightmare. Together with others, it might be ended. Alone, it was impossible, and Ally knew that.

((I apologize for the delay. I’ve been quite distracted, and have been feeling kind of sick lately.))

Jinx climbed up over the tree that had collapsed onto the narrow path, likely sometime just before the end of the world. The path was an overgrown trail alongside the cliffs, winding its way upward until it at last joined the main road. Jinx had never been a fan of Exbel’s landscape. Sparse and lightly wooded, the only interesting features were the small patches of forest and the mountains far to the north, visible as only pale spikes in the distance. The world still smelled like morning, though the air was stale with its stillness.

As Jinx came to the height of the cliffs he looked back toward the ocean. Ever since time had stopped a heavy mist had hung over violent waves. An illusion really. When the barrier of timelessness expanded, it pushed before it a great wind that blasted heavy waves and mist ahead of it. When frozen, that sea-spray had been frozen in the air, where it hovered like a thick fog over the waters of the world.

Jinx turned from the ocean, and set off into the thin woods, slashed by a dirt road that wound its way through forest and plains alike. The road made travel quick, but even before the end of the world it had always been host to any number of bandits and outlaws looking to make some quick money off a weak traveler. Then, Jinx had no trouble with such vermin as they were wise enough to avoid any opponent too great for them. Now, it was likely these bandits were less predictable.

Yet nothing came to attack him. All through the forest there was only silence until the trees broke and the empty fields of Exbel stretched on to the distant town, a spot in the horizon. To most, this would have been a good omen. To Jinx, this bode ill. The world was too quiet, to empty, if he found anyone at Grassroot how could he know they would be willing to help? Would they be able to?

Jinx wasn’t certain how long he’d traveled when he was able to see the town without squinting. While in the East the world was perpetually light, it was difficult to see the town against the darkness that loomed far in the west. It was only once he was able to see the town better that Pokemon began to appear, however they were all of them asleep. Worry compounded in Jinx’s heart, he could only hope the town itself was doing better.

((I’m not so used to writing such long posts lol, sometimes it’s a bit hard to add more details.))

As Ally came closer to the small town, she could see Pokemon on the ground. She guessed they were all asleep. That wouldn’t be a surprise. Regardless, she avoided them.

“I wonder if there is anything useful in this town?” she knew she would need some information about the current state of the world. No one though it important enough to tell her in her family. They had thought that there would be no way to “fix” time. She, knew that she had to find a way to do what others thought impossible. It has to be possible!

Ally didn’t know much about other places in the world, but she guessed this was a town in Exbel called Grassroot town. The town looked quite dim, and dark. The stillness frightened her, but she had to know more, and if there was some information, perhaps a book, or notes from someone in this town somewhere, she would have to find it. However, by the size of the town, she predicted there would be no library. Still, maybe someone had recorded some notes?

Perhaps, but it didn’t seem likely. Walking along the shadows, she had found absolutely no signs life anywhere. If no one here had the will to live in this world, why would anyone have anything useful? If this town didn’t have anything useful, maybe it had signs to another town that might have something useful. She walked deeper into the small town, searching everything.

The town felt cold, and still. Everything she had seen so far had been determined to make her turn back, and go drift off into the deep sleep. Still, she knew she couldn’t turn back, and she wouldn’t. Not in a million years. She would keep trying, until the world was saved.