Small Secret Room QOL Improvement

One thing that really bugs me about secret rooms is that the player isn’t stopped when they uncover one. It’s really easy to stumble across a secret room near the stairs, then run into the stairs, missing the secret room due to not being able to react quickly enough. I can’t count how many times I’ve missed a secret room for this exact reason.

I suggest that to remedy this issue and make secret rooms a bit less frustrating, whenever a player discovers a secret room, the prompt to enter the secret room pops up immediately instead of only when you run onto the secret room tile again.

This would probably need to provide temporary invincibility frames as well, to prevent unfortunate situations where finding a secret room would leave the player vulnerable to enemy Pokemon.

This just happened to me yesterday and made me miss an Espurr roll. Wouldn’t have been shiny I’m sure but the chance was ripped from my hands because my brain had no chance to register the SR. I had even paused slightly too, but that wasn’t enough.

2 Likes