So stealing from one another is good now?

So, I’ve been told by more then 1 person, and an actual staff, that stealing is ok and the person that stole will receive no sort of punishment at all? I’m… shocked at how much the staff have fallen over the years, but I’m still going to try…

Around 9:00 central time, I was doing a trade with Coraje for 3 plates, Icicle, meadow and insect. We agreed on a price of 60k. Now then, since the trade system fails and only lets players trade 1 item at a time, in order to make it faster I just dropped him the money, which should of been a simple deal.

No. Pi2z takes the money before Cora can, and refuses to return it, claiming the staff have told him, he can steal and he will not get in any sort of trouble for it… This is correct? People can steal and do whatever they want now and the staff won’t do anything about it? I’m asking this for my own information because I truly wish to know if I can take items from others or not.

I can’t buy that the staff are encouraging this sort of behavior from players… turning a blind eye and telling them it’s OK to do it? Really?.. You’ve all sunk that low that stealing is a good past time?

And more to the point… The 60k is blah, I don’t care about getting it back, it’s change. This is about at least getting some justice and showing someone they can’t steal and get off scot free… But I’m wasting my time here, aren’t I.

TL;DR version: Stolen from and would like feedback on policies on if stealing is allowed or not.

According to me and other sources you have listed, being stolen from is apparently the fault of whoever dropped the item(s)

I think if you try hard enough though you can get Staff on your side and get them to get it back

But I’m pretty sure Pi’s going to go free with that cash / plate(s)

The answer to your question / topic is — Ye, and it probably has been good for a minute now

And also according to me, stealing doesn’t go against the rules anyway, it’s looked down upon, but it does and will happen

Stealing is actually not “ok”. Anything on the ground is fair game and the fault of the user that dropped the item/money. Since it’s the fault of the user, the staff team can not do anything. Though stealing is “not encouraged” by the staff team. I’m curious though, who encouraged it?

Let me ask you this… is that right to you? Do you think players should be encouraged to steal from one another? Do you think there should be no law what so ever and players should steal? Because I’m getting that, from what another staff said, when I PMed him and asked him.

I can steal from others, and never get in trouble for it. … And the best part was Pi2z stating publicly that he wouldn’t get in trouble as a staff told him he can steal and Digi pretty much confirming it.

I don’t want the stuff back, like I said, I just don’t approve of a staff that do nothing and allow players to get away from acts that should have a consequence to it.

EDIT:

I probably shouldn’t list a name here, as I figure I’ll get in trouble for it What. … But from what I was told, from those I PMed and talked to… The staff said they could steal and they wouldn’t get in trouble for it.

All I’d say about stealing is, if you have to drop it, drop it away from other people

I don’t really care for being right or wrong, since I do it sometimes, but I don’t think people should be “encouraged” to do it, since majority view it as wrong

If it’s taken, oh well, be more careful next time

I don’t think there should be any kind of “law” or rule saying not to steal

That’s what I think, anyway

Opinion, and you are allowed to have them. But I feel stealing is wrong and should have a rule against it… It’s just my morals, I can’t help but always view it as wrong and needing a rule against it.

I’d just like to say good luck if you are thinking of confronting Staff and bringing this up to them, stealing is one of the things folks will have to deal with from time to time

Whoever told you it was right or good, maybe they were just acting some kind of way, not much of anyone except the people who do steal approve of it

Go for it; besides, you did say Staff said something to the effect of stealing being allowed or good

So with just that coming from you, it wouldn’t be too extreme or harsh to say that it is meaningless compared to what the Staff believe

What we DO encourage:

• Trading in a safe area where another player cannot intercept the trade
  • Using the /trade command*
  • Understanding that stealing is wrong and only hurts yourself and those around you

*We understand this isn’t suited for all trade scenarios and intend on improving the trade function in the near future.

What we DO NOT encourage:

• Stealing from others under the belief that you will not be caught
  • Harassing, stalking, or following other players with the intent of intercepting their trade
  • Being careless with your trades

I’ve spoken with pi2z and retrieved the poke from him; I’ve transferred the money to Coraje, seeing that he was the intended recipient to begin with. Don’t assume that we won’t get involved if we don’t have to. If you’re careless with your trades, we will not step in. But we do not encourage nor condone stealing under the premise that you will not be caught. You will.

Each staff member perceives things differently, so I don’t think it’s fair to generalize with the term “staff members” because of a specific event happened. We do follow a similar guidelines with the rules, but I’m pretty sure each personality would handle the situation differently.

It would be bad if I were in the scene watching it in first person and nothing happens, but I don’t think most people steal in front of staff…

We can jail if we were on the scene, but this could easily could be abused if we weren’t.

The easiest way to avoid it is to plan it with you trade partner to trade in a random house of some sort. I guess it does take more time, but I think it’s worth making precautions when dropping things in general.

Not sure if /trade works, not many players seem to use it. Guess it’s still weird with stacked items such as poke :/

My opinion about it is, people who drop things should take some responsibility to where they drop their things. Stealing isn’t right to me, but in a game most people tend to do selfish things more often than in real life.

tl;dr I would jail if I do see it happen, but won’'t respond to all robbing reports. It’s usually not best to drop trade in populated areas.

Flare, /trade does work, it’s just if there’s a item that doesn’t stack-like the plates in this issue, you have to /trade 3 times in a row with the same person and try to remember the prices of each plate. This takes up a lot more time than what most players want to spend on in-game shopping, and is often found annoying for some players.
The issue a lot of us wants fixed is the ability to trade multiple items at once.