[Special Weekly Event]: ~The Grand Marathon~ WINNERS IN!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings, everyone!~

We would like to inform you that the PMUniverse Weekly Event Staff are going to try some new kinds of weekly events from now on. Most of these new events are still on our testing list to see whether they work out enough as weekly events or not.

So, our first new event, that is titled as ‘The Grand Marathon’, is taking place this weekend.
[Saturday, Feb-08-2014 @ 01:00 PM EST / 06:00 PM GMT].

We will keep you guys updated with the Weekly Event news from now on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Grand Marathon~

Are you ready to run?

=Rules and Instructions:~

• All competitors have to go through one path to reach the Finish Line. (There are no alternative ways or shortcuts.)
  • The whole Marathon consists of nine different areas, each area has one Checkpoint and two different tracks.
  • Competitors may get to use their Pokemon to attack some Pokémon found inside the tracks that may block the way.
  • Healing beds can be found at each Checkpoint to restore Power Points, Health Points and Status.
  • Items are not allowed to enter.
  • No parties, any attempt to enter the event with a party will get it disbanded immediately.
  • Competitors cannot meet up with others in the marathon tracks. However, they are still able to meet at Checkpoints.
  • Only three Pokémon are allowed to enter.
  • Participating Pokémon will get set to level 25 temporarily during the event, they will keep their moves but won’t be able to gain exp.
  • No banned Pokémon or abilities. (Abilities like Speed Boost and Quick Feet will NOT activate in the event.)
  • First competitors arriving at the Finish Line have to grab ONE of the highest place ribbons they find. (For example, if you arrive at the Finish Line and you find 1st Place Ribbon, then grab that. Picking the wrong ribbon or grabbing more than one ribbon will lead to disqualification.)

*Note: There are some restrictions at the event entrance that prevent anyone from entering the marathon if they don’t meet the requirements listed above. The rules above are final.

=Areas of the event:~

The areas where the marathon is taking place are listed below, each area resembles one or two Elementary Types. Competitors have to make their way through all of these areas in order to reach the Finish Line.

[The Grand Marathon Areas]

01. Wonder Forest. [Grass + Bug]
02. Mystic Sea. [Water + Dragon]
03. Arid Canyon. [Ground + Rock]
04. Northern Volcano. [Fire]
05. Sky Fortress. [Flying]
06. Magical Lair. [Psychic + Poison]
07. Mt. Valor. [Fighting + Normal]
08. Ice Realm. [Ice]
09. Nightmarish Abyss.
[Ghost + Dark]

=Prizes:~

=Holders of:~

• 1st Place Ribbon’ will get five Event Tokens + 15,000 Poké.
  • 2nd Place Ribbon’ will get four Event Tokens + 10,000 Poké.
  • 3rd Place Ribbon’ will get three Event Tokens + 5,000 Poké.

Anyone who makes it to the end afterwards will get two Event Tokens + Last Place Ribbon. Also, everyone gets one Event Token for participating.~

=Winners:~

Congratulations to:~

-1st Place:
-superswampert45
-Levy
-Minsc

-2nd Place:
-mungl1
-KAEN
-Coraje

-3rd Place:
-ZaratoX
-ArtMax
-DomnicDD

-Last Place: (Participators who made it to the Finish Line within 30 minutes after all of the ribbons were claimed.)
-Sceno
-BlazingNinetales
-bloodthirst
-BlazikenX
-Mad
-exskitt01
-GuyroMaster
-RichardG
-Lovi
-Tails Smith
-playerozone
-HydroFang
-Tomb
-BestDude
-red dragon
-Sayba
-dragonslayer1993
-Ellement
-RaggaMuffin
-Starships
-Demetri
-stijn
-Magic Bam
-Trevor
-CranBerries
-Giniqua
-funkylaurens
-ZipZapGuy
-pipply
-pkplpr
-HyperLynx
-superman
-Palika

Thanks everyone for participation!~

Just so you guys know. Y"know the prizes? The ribbons?

Kirk just sawed off my arms and legs while I was sleeping. Have fun winning rotting piles of bear flesh and money.

Jokes aside. Good luck to everyone who participates!

I really appreciate that this isn’t being done during the time of the PMU Podcast.
I may or may not participate depending on the time I have.
Ether-way best of luck, have fun and thanks again.

Good luck to everybody that participate for tonight!

The event has ended finally! The topic was updated with the winners! Congratulations!~ :la:
Also, a poll was added about your favorite area in the event. If you participated in the marathon, feel free to vote!

This was so much fun~
Too bad I didn’t get to finish stupid dinner :no:

Well done to everyone who finished though~~~~~ :joy:

I was far behind, but I still made it! [Got trolled by a lot of Mawile’s…] Congrats to Superswampert45 for winning, though! MOO!~

Ended up having lots to do during the event so I couldn’t participate, but congratulations to everyone~
Odd, Arid Canyon is actually the name of a level in an old game I used to play.