Sticks and Spikes and Thorns are Yikes

After looking around the Forums, I found exactly one thread about the limitations on the amount of throwable items that are allowed to be stacked. It mentioned that the limit was dropped significantly because “it made training too easy.” This thread was way back in 2012. Now, I don’t know about anyone else here, but I have not heard of anyone consider throwing items to be useful—and with the number of team, held, and bag items that are basically required to play through higher level dungeons, sacrificing a held item slot for throwing items seems like a huge opportunity cost to me.

Now, if the idea of these throwing items trivializing PP issues is a potential issue, then I can understand having the limit in the bag. But what about in storage? Why is the limit so strict that even storage cannot accept any more? Even if it’s a case where every 300 Sticks (for example) takes up another slot, that would be so much better than what we have right now. From what I can tell, I’m the only stick collector who still plays this game. I don’t ever use them because I cannot fit them into my strategies at all, and they’re quite unwieldy when the enemies are constantly dashdancing between my attacks (which is one of the biggest complains regarding line moves like Flamethrower as well). The only thing that this limit affects is my ability to store my collection. If anything were to happen to my house, I’d lose so many sticks! (This would not completely ruin my experience with PMU, no, but it would bum me out.)

There are items in the game that have a limited number of stacks while in your back but can be put into storage. Why can’t the throwable items be the same? Or better yet, why can’t the limit in storage be lifted, but only 300 be allowed in your inventory at once? If the issue is that holding thousands of sticks ruins the balance of the game, then that could be a decent compromise. It’s already possible to dump extra sticks into your house and keep them indefinitely—it’s just tedious, annoying, and concerning to do so. So why not break away from that extra (and potentially perilous) step and simply let us store more of these items?

I’ve always considered throwing items to be a trade-off. You need to use an item slot as well as gathering/buying the items. In return, you gain a somewhat weak attack with near endless PP. Right now, they really do feel underpowered, and need some kind of buff.

Truthfully, I don’t even care if they decide to keep the 300 limit in the inventory, make it such that each stack of 300 is a separate slot, or anything like that. I just want to to be able to collect them and keep them in my storage!

1 Like

I had the same issue trying to get 666 corsola twigs, had to store them in my house it was annoying, I do like the idea of making them an actually valid weapon though

Recently, I have learned that there are some projectiles that are NOT bound by the 300 limit in storage, as showcased here with the Icicles. So now I’m wondering even more why Sticks, Iron Thorns, Silver Spikes, and others like them are bound by that limit.

1 Like