Suggestion: Create a special item to have your Pokemon's gender changed

I, like many people, enjoy playing PMU using my favorite Pokemon. I also like getting specific genders and shinies of certain Pokemon for RP character purposes, but unfortunately many Pokemon have very lopsided gender ratios that make getting specific genders extremely difficult.

There are Pokemon like Salandit and Combee that can only evolve if they are a specific gender. (I can’t even tell you how many I’ve released due to this because I honestly don’t know myself…)

Furthermore, Gender can also affect whether you can get the Pokemon you want by training and eventually evolving it. Snorunt is a great example here.

Hypothetically speaking, suppose that you really want a Froslass because it’s your favorite Pokemon, but say that Snorunt is quite rare or difficult to obtain. So you put the work in and grind until you finally get your Snorunt. Mission accomplished, right…?

Nope!

Why? There’s just one "tiny" (read: huge) problem…

It’s a Male.

So now you have no choice but to start your hunt all over again simply because the Snorunt that you happened to get can never become a Froslass given that only female Snorunt can evolve.

Now imagine shiny hunting Snorunt because you want a Shiny Froslass, finding and successfully recruiting it, but you get the wrong gender… I think I can speak for many people by saying that this would be absolutely demoralizing

Suppose that you want a female Chimchar like I do. You have to go to Sunrise Temple. Chimchar is a rare spawn only on 22-28F and only during Dawn/Day in game. Which lasts 6 hours, and then you have to wait another 6 hours before you can try again. To top it all off, there is only a 12.5% chance of any Chimchars you do encounter being female. And that’s not even factoring in the shiny odds…

I know what you’re thinking, “Just hunt for the right gender using a Pokemon with Attract and then use a Sparkle Token!” right?

While that could be a solution in theory, there is a huge problem with it… It’s only available to you if you have a Sparkle Token.

Newer players will not have a Sparkle Token simply because they weren’t around for the HC that you could grind for one, nor will they have the millions of Poke that would be required to either buy one from an Auction event or from other players. (Yes, you read that correctly. A Sparkle Token will set you back 6-8 million Poke in the current market.)

It could work the same way as Sparkle Token and Legacy Token do. You give it to a Staff member and they modify your Pokemon to be the gender that you choose. Obviously, you’d only be able to do this with Pokemon that can be both Male and Female.

You could offer it at Auctions and/or put in HC Shops as a reward for farming the event currency.

I believe it would make a great addition to the game and help players get specific Pokemon that would otherwise be extremely difficult to obtain.

im sorry but getting the “right” gender is just part of the challenge as much as anything else in the game. why make it more easy - more than it should be?

the game tries to follow officially released main games (either trainer or mystery dungeon series) as much as possible. staff typically assert their creative discretion where required.

definitely don’t support this. sorry! its a no from me.

Although I see and agree with

I am indifferent to the subject, but we must admit the opposite view, for example things like gible and dratini, it’s kinda needlessly hard to get the “right gender” if a person wants it, since it could take several attempts, of several hours if the person is unlucky. I also know although I don’t know if it was fixed, some people got starters with the opposite gender they selected and still have no way to fix it. There is also the issue of trans players who may have changed their gender (socially and/or physically) and want their starter to be a different gender. Shinies also make it difficult because some take days and days to hunt for, and if you get the wrong gender you could never get the “right one”.

5 Likes