Suggestion - GUI and mechanics

Hello there. I’d like to suggest some things towards the inventory, functions and also some mechanics

First of all, I think it’d be quite nice if HM moves, were able to be done without actually changing the team member, after all it’s just a matter of changing the team member, pressing enter and then switching back. Therefore, my suggestion towards that topic it’s allowing usage of HM moves if you there’s a team member with such move (For example, Cut, Fly, Rock smash and such.)

Another recommendation would be that stat stages affect the shown stats, so if a pokemon uses for example, Sword dance, then their atk should be affected by it.

Also, I think that it’d be good removing functions to the mouse, so instead of having to click and type a certain amount, I’d suggest the inventory to work like this.

This will help making easier using game functions, also about the ESC menu, I’d suggest adding some features.

First thing, is a map button, it would be quite handy for the users that are engaging in the game early, also adding a Party button, so from there the user can create and join a party with nearby players, there’s a give up button that does the same as /giveup. The menu also states the user’s abilities without the need to use /abilities to check for them. The party function would work this way (Party Status,simply changes the Explorer kit Chat to Party).

Towards housing center, I’d suggest implementing a visit friend option, so it would behave this way.

So uh, this is overall some recommendations/Suggestions I have in mind so far that would be quite helpful for the game and users that can’t always use mouse.

Looking forward for feedback. :blush:

I like that I’m In the first pic :meltandabdance:

You can actually use the move Instead of pushing enter though ( but I don’t think this works with Surf ) and It kind of adds a “realism” feel. Regardless this would be a nice QoL thing.

Another recommendation would be that stat stages affect the shown stats, so if a pokemon uses for example, Sword dance, then their atk should be affected by it.

Eh, It never does this In games. If anything there should be a (-/+#) by the stat to Indicate what stage Its at ( Example would be like: Atk: 666 (+5) )

The Inventory concept looks good but Instead of scrolling there should still be pages akin to the PMD games. Not having to switch to equip Items seems much better. Still waiting for the option to use an Item directly under you.

For the esc menu, a map would be fine on paper but I don’t see there being one that Isn’t an Image that has to be constantly updated or something. Also this Isn’t part of your concept but I think HP should be removed since you can see It from the team panel. It looks out of place next to the name.

Party menu looks fine, though some /kickparty and /myparty variant should be there too.

I feel like people would sometimes accidentally hit give up, but there Is a confirmation prompt when you do /giveup anyway, so that’s probably fine.

You don’t mention what Social Is for…

House visiting menu looks great! so It would be nice If the friends list wasn’t super wonky currently

Overall good and I hope to see actual GUI touch ups In the future especially since the borders bother me with how they’re resized.

3 Likes

These look amazing but idk if they have enough people to work on something so big right now :’(

1 Like

These are excellent suggestions but afaik the staff team doesn’t have anyone with enough programming skills to implement these changes (and doesn’t seem like they’ll recruit any). It would be really cool if those changes could happen in the future though! That would greatly improve player experience

1 Like