The Gifted: A Crossover RP [Roleplay]

Introduction & Plot

…Hey.

…Hey!

…You have been blessed with a great gift, yes, you have.

This world has been tainted with a great deal of chaos.

Two factions have been started, and rebels have taken a stand against these factions.

I am about to send you off to one of the head factions, or, you can be a rebel against both of them, but with a special gift.

A secondary form, that of a being from a far-off world, but, of course, you can choose which one.

Your alternate form can be from any form of media, a separate existence, if you will, ranging from a video game to a TV show to a book to a movie.

The choice is your"s.

BUT.

I"m not sending you out there without a set of rules.

Rules

1. Basic PMU rules apply.
  2. No perfect characters.
  3. No god-modding.
  4. Keep it PG-13 at most.
  5. If you curse once, I"ll let it slide. Do it twice, I"ll let it slide again, but leave you off with a warning. I"m pretty sure you can figure out what happens if you do it a third time.
  6. Don"t post anything creepy or disturbing.
  7. Proper grammar is ESSENTIAl. Be sure to have spell check on.

Now…It is time for your adventure to begin.

Good luck, and do your best…

“Hey, do you think this looks too girly on me?” Rihanna held the pink and white floral top against her as if she was wearing it.
“Meh, I don’t think so.” Serah replied.
“I think this one will look better on you.” Elise held up a blue and white top with a similar, but more subtle design.
“Hmm…” Rihanna took the top from her and compared it to the other.
“I’m getting this one!” Roxanne pulled out a black op with bright yellow sunflowers.
“Eeew, really Rox?” Serah questioned.
“What?” Roxanne took on a childish tone and clutched the top against herself also. “I think it’s nice.”
“It looks like a dress compared to you.”
“You callin’ me short?” Roxanne and Serah continued to argue. Meanwhile, Elise and Ria made their way to the changing rooms to try on their clothes.

“Say uhh, Rihanna.” Grace said quietly in the changing room next door to Ria’s.
“Yeah?” Ria replied, looking at what should have been herself in the mirror.
“Uhh…about uh-”
“If it’s about Roxy and Serah, don’t worry about them. They’ll be done by time we finish.”
“No it’s uh…it’s not about-” She was cut off by some knocking on the changing room doors.
“Hey, guys can you hurry up, Rox needs the loo!” Serah shouted as she banged on the door.
“Gah! Shut up Serah!” Roxanne felt nervous now that she shouted it for everyone to hear.
“It’s alright, I’m done.” Rihanna left her changing room and put the pink top on the rail to be put back and went to buy the blue one.
“Hurry up Grace!” Serah shouted.
“I’m coming! I’m coming!” Grace rushed out of the changing room, still trying to put on her coat while opening the door.
Roxanne practically grabbed her by the hand caught in her sleeve and pulled her out of the shop and into the crowded paths you’d expect in a mall.

The day went on as usual. The girls went to look at the clothes, the books, the games or whatever they felt like, and as usual they ended the day with a trip to the sweet shop.
Roxanne and Serah both got chocolate ice creams while Grace and Rihanna shared a small box of assorted chocolates.
“So anyway, he was like oh I’m not sure if I’m ready to date yet, and I’m like, wait, you asked me out, It wasn’t like I had to say yes.” Serah was going on about her dates as usual.
Roxanne would insult her about her choice in boyfriends and Grace would simply listen, occasionally making the odd remark about Roxanne’s behavior.

Grace sat there fiddling with a chocolate she plucked out of the box, rolling it on the small saucer she was given with it. She wasn’t listening to Serah’s story and Roxy’s insults, but she definitely noticed Ria’s voice.
“What’s wrong Grace?” Ria whispered while Serah and Roxanne ended up in another argument about relationships.
“Huh? Oh, it’s nothing.” She continued to roll the chocolate over the plate.
“Are you sure?”
Grace turned and flashed her a quick smile. “Of course, I’m fine.”
Ria gave a slightly worried ‘hmm’.
Before they knew it, their time was up. It was almost 5. They’d been at the mall for 2 hours, longer than it should have been.

hey all said their goodbyes and made their way home. Grace and Rihanna lived in the same direction from the mall so they walked back together.
“Hey, uhh, Grace.”
“Yeah?”
“Back at the changing rooms, you said you needed to tell me something.”
Grace felt rather embarrassed and quickly tried to avoid it. “Oh! Uhh, it’s nothing! I uhh, forgot.”
Ria stopped and gave a playful glare. “You’re a terrible liar.”
“I am?” Grace wanted to slap herself for how stupid she sounded.
“Seriously though, what did you want to tell me?”
Grace knew her lie failed so quickly thought of something else. “I uhh, I just wanted to know what top you were getting.”
Ria noticed she didn’t want to talk about it anymore so pretended she didn’t notice her blatant lie.
“Oh, alright. I got the blue one by the way.” She held up the bag with the top inside.
“Yeah, I saw. It looks good on you.” Grace wanted to change the subject, but they found they had to split their separate ways as they always did.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Ria said as she turned down her road.
“Oh, hey, don’t forget your history books! Mrs will kill us if we forget them again!”
Ria laughed and nodded. “Hahaha, yeah. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”
“Right, see you tomorrow!”

They waved and parted. Rihanna was desperate to get home fast, ever since they left the mall she noticed one of them following her. Another person with an ability similar to hers.
Why won’t you fight? You know he will, why don’t you take the advantage and start it yourself? Gottfried whispered in her mind.
“Shh, not now.” Ria didn’t notice the large puddle she stepped in. “Ugh.” She looked down and gasped, noticing how Gottfried’s image was reflected in the ripples.
She quickly walked out of it. She looked over her shoulder at the guy following her. He was definitely one of them. She noticed a dog like creature in his reflection, but it was murky and wavering and couldn’t make it out easily.

He was walking faster now. Ria was closer to her home, if she ran she figured she’d be too tired and get caught. She decided to walk through the town, but she wasn’t sure whether he would change or not, regardless of whether or not she would.

She ran through the town and into an alleyway as fast as she could. She tried to get away but was cornered.
“You smell just like her. That stupid mutt.” He growled.
“What? Who?” She wondered if he was referring to one of her friends, but was proven wrong.
“That lousy mutt who bit my leg.” He pulled up his trouser leg to show a large bite on it. It looked like it came from a dog. A very big dog.
Rihanna didn’t know any dogs so she had no idea what he was on about.

The boy started to growl, but it sounded more than a human growl.
Watch out! She felt as if her entire being was being pulled backward and in on itself. Next thing she knew it was as if she was watching something from someone else’s perspective, as if she were blind but watching through another.

Where the boy had been now stood a three headed dog, a very big one at that. She heard ruckus from the town. They heard it and they’d probably come and find out what the noise was.
The three headed hound barked and snarled before charging up towards them.
Gottfried braced himself and grabbed the jaw of the middle that tried to bite him. The other two latched onto his arm and his shoulder trying to get itself free.

Gottfried pulled his arms apart, opening the mouth of the Cerberus wider and wider. He was startled when a jet of fire was shot right into his face. He let go of the head but that was his mistake. The jaws of the Cerberus crushed down on his head, but the thick armor prevented any damage to Gottfried himself. He tried to push he Cerberus off, wildly flapping his four black and white wings while trying to stay as quiet as possible.
Gottfried was being forced down as the Cerberus’ burning breath surrounded him and the sheer bite force on his head made him start to feel dizzy.
“I-don’t know…how much longer I can-.” Gottfried fell onto his back. He flapped his wings wildly in the struggle to escape, but he was stuck. The Cerberus was about the same size as him and weighed almost twice as much, even with Gottfried’s armor.

Gottfried! Get up! She wanted to shout but she could only think it.
“I’m…trying…” He growled, Ria listened as he struggled and watched as if it were her staring down the throat of the creature.

Gotfried blinked for a second and felt he Cerberus’ attention shift. It wasn’ biing or pushing down as hard as it was. Gottfried quickly took advantage of this and kicked the beast in the chest, throwing it off.
His large, glowing sword materialized in his hand, then he noticed something else behind the Cerberus.
A white wolf with scarlet markings. Fire flowing from a green disk floating above it’s back.
It snarled and barked at the three headed dog. Much, much smaller than it’s opponent. The white wolf managed to knock the Cerberus on it’s side with a quick blow to the head using the burning reflector.
The Cerberus hadn’t expected it to move so fast and was blocked from getting up again. Gottfried pushed it’s foot down on the Cerberus and raised it’s sword, but the creature disappeared, it was human again. The boy quickly got up and ran. The cold look he shot the wolf as he did, was it the one he was on about?

Rihanna felt herself being dragged out again, as if she’d just been pushed out of a moving car. When she opened her eyes, the wolf was also a girl. A girl with white hair and a blood red cloak.
“Uhh, hello-.” She reached her hand out for the girl to take, but she took off running faster than she’d anyone move before.
Ria stood there for a while with a bewildered look on her face. She was quickly caught out by the Arcana of Tyr.
She’ll be alright. You better go home, it’s getting late and you’re tired.
“I’m not-…grr, right whatever.” She found it difficult to argue with him. He seemed to know everything about her. It was driving her mad, but she listened anyway. She made her way home as quick as she could, thinking of an excuse as to why she was late and in such a state. She decided to take another path through the maze of alleys, considering the crowd she attracted with all the noise. She doubted anyone managed to actually see them because of how many people there were still in the town. The first time she saw anything like what just happened she took off in a flash.

When she got home she noticed neither of her parents were in. She sighed and threw her school bags on the table beside the sofa. She pulled out a small bag of sweets she bought from the store and turned on the TV. She was watching the news. Nothing of interest was on, just the news and old re-runs of boring soaps and dramas.
It was 8 and her parents still hadn’t come home.
They probably made some sort of medical breakthrough or something, she convinced herself.
Your parents don’t work in the field of medicine.
“Shut up.” Ria turned off the TV and made her way upstairs, turning off the lights behind her as she went.

Reginald sat down on the sofa inside his faction’s G-2 dorm, playing Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days on his DSi XL as usual.

You do know that what you’re doing is breaking the fourth wall, right, Reginald? Lexaeus asked Reggie in his mind.

“So playing a game is breaking the fourth wall? Excellent logic you have there, Lexy.” Reggie wisecracked.

I thought your alias was “The Gentle Slayer”? Lexaeus shot back.

Reginald was momentarily speechless. He then shrugged and continued playing his DS.

Lexaeus didn’t bother objecting to Reggie’s actions.

Just then, a knocking came from the other side of the dormitory’s entrance.

“Coming.” Reginald called.

“I wonder who it could be?”

Reggie opened the door.

OoC: RAEG THIS IS SUCH A SHORT POST RAAAAAA-/shotdead

OOC// I would have written about everyone else in the first post, but it’s probably best to split it all up.

Tristan kicked his feet up and leaned back in his chair.
He laid there for a bit staring at the ceiling, worrying about a girl.
I sense there is something troubling you Tristan. A low, wise voice echoed in his mind.
“Leave it.”
What is wrong Tristan?
“It’s nothing.”
Tristan… The demanding tone in his voice felt as if there was no way to disobey it.
“It’s Scarlet.”
The girl with the white hair?
“Yeah…”
What about her?
“She hasn’t been at school for like, the last week. I wonder if she’s alright. She won’t answer my calls or anything.”
What did you do?
Tristan sat up quickly in his chair and shouted, staring at the mirror on the wardrobe opposite him, at the black dragon reflected in it. “Ii didn’t do anything!”
Maybe that was your mistake.
Tristan was about to shout again but he heard foot steps coming up the stairs. He jumped onto his bed and turned on the TV, turning it up quite loudly.
His sister opened the door and tip toed into the room.
Tristan saw her in the mirror, he pretended he hadn’t noticed her.
She slowly walked up behind him and jumped when she was close enough. “ROAR!”

Tristan pretended hat he was scared and rolled away before she landed on him.
She flicked her hair out of her face and smiled. “Mum said she’s going out to get some stuff for dinner and she asked you to turn the TV down.”
“Fine.”

Jessica shut the door behind her when she left.
Tristan watched as she left. He went to find the remote to turn the TV off but was stopped.
Tristan! Wait! Tristan listened and watched the TV screen as it flashed amateur clips of two people who started fighting surrounded by a crowd of people when one of them turned into a strange creature identified as something out of a game.
Tristan didn’t recognize it himself but it was identified as being stunningly similar to the character Rathalos in a famous game played by many. There were a few interviews with people who played the game and were talking about the huge resemblance between them.

They were showing a board of people who were apparently having some sort of phone call together and were discussing whether it was some sort trick or hoax or if it were just some kids playing another stupid prank or something.

“So what?” Tristan said.
‘So what?’! Tristan winced slightly. ‘So what?’! This is out time to act Tristan! I warned you there will be others who will abuse this power. With many beings out there who are stronger than us, humanity could be in danger.
Tristan was beginning to lose his temper. “Look, Bahamut, this isn’t some sort of game alright? We aren’t heroes out to save some princess in a far away land or anything.”
Bahamut remained silent.
“It’s not like we can find these guys, let alone beat them, and I don’t know about you, but I’m not about to go to some nuthouse because of some stupid overgrown lizard with a hero complex!”
Bahamut’s pupils receded and his anger spiked. This danger is all too real but if you’re blind to see it then I won’t be held responsible for any mistakes you happen to make! Whatever you say Tristan, you still accepted this power. You asked for ME and I am here for you but if you regret your decision then I will not be held responsible for your actions.

Tristan growled and grabbed his coat and put on his shoes. He was already dressed because he pretty much just got back from archery lessons.
What are you doing Tristan?
“Shut up.” He muttered as he pulled his hood up over his head, covering his face in the shadow it cast. It was getting late now. He heard fireworks in the distance, probably some sort of celebration. Probably for a wedding or something.

Tristan walked through the park on his way towards the city where the recording was filmed when he came across someone else walking past him. He looked pretty rough, he gave Tris quite a sharp glare by time they were shoulder to shoulder. The park was dark now, barely lit from the street lights along side the path.
The guy stopped and so had Tristan.
The boy glared over his shoulder at him. He had sharp yellow eyes that seemed to glow in the dark.
“What yo gawpin’ at?”
Tristan? Bahamut’s voice echoed like a warning. He spoke the way a father would before his child did something stupid.
“Nothing.” Tristan muttered.
“Oh really? Then stop standin’ there lookin’ like a moron ‘n’ get lost!” He stepped forward and pushed Tristan back. This was all too familiar.
“Don’t you go threat’nin’ me man!” Tristan stepped forward and pushed him as well.

Tristan! Stop it!" Bahamut sensed the anger spiking in both of them, as well as that he sensed something in the yellow eyed boy. Not to mention something was coming…
“C’mon Bahamut, lets do this!”
Tristan? He sounded worried.
“What is it- What’s that?” Tristan turned down the road and saw a dark figure heading towards them at an alarming rate. The pounding of it’s feet on the pavement echoed throughout the park.

“GET BACK HERE YOU LOUSY EXCUSE FOR A FIGHTER!!!” It howled. Up close it was much bigger than they thought it was. It had been running on four feet, but on two it towered over the both of them with ease. It faced the one with the yellow eyes.
“Screw this! I’m outta here!” The guy set off running.
“Stop running and finish this!” It set off after him pounding heavily on the ground.
Tristan!
“WHAT!?!” He shouted, looking down at the ground as if he was supposed to see him.
Follow them!
“Why?”
They’re getting away!
“Fro wha-” Tristan was cut off when Bahamut decided he was finished waiting. He had a running start before he flew over them.
[hr][/hr]
Her mother was outside trying to get her to leave her room, but she wouldn’t. Scarlet just sat there in her room, soaked to the bone, her clothes torn and dirtied. Their laughs and insults rung in her head. What’s worse is they told her they’d be back again, and for the past 8 days, they haven’t failed yet.

She looped up through the darkness of her room. The wooden floor shone back the moonlight sinking in through the gaps in the blinds.
She followed it up to the window where the bright light of the moon shone in small horizontal lines.
[hr][/hr]
Bahamut carefully tried to follow them while remaining hidden. He tried this by flying high, using his dark color to his advantage. He didn’t want to fly above the clouds in case he lost sight of them, meaning it was possible that he could be caught.
He followed them until they ran through the city.
Those idiots! Tristan shouted.
“They’ll be caught.” Bahamut flew over the city quickly, landing atop a high rise building and watching them, hoping they would leave the city and he could continue to chase them undetected. He had to curl up against the building roof so people wouldn’t see him.
From what he saw, one was just following the other. At this rate they’d just run circles and alert everyone. They stirred up enough ruckus with just the nightlife buzzing about. The city was rather busy, even at night. They already made themselves known and people were beginning to panic.

They’re so stupid, they’ll be caught and, well who knows what’ll happen to them!?
“We have to do something.”
Well, like what?
Bahamut stood up and reared his head.
Oh no, wait wait, don’t!
Bahamut shot a large ball of burning blue fire towards where they were running. The boy managed to run and avoid the fireball, leaving it o hit the ground and burn behind him.
Fleck stopped and hissed at the fire. They had run through a street too narrow for him to maneuver through easily because of the other people walking too. Fleck growled and jumped on a building wall, using his large claws and powerful limbs to climb across it, around the fire. He jumped off and growled. By time it took him to hink of it and do it, the boy had got away. He stood on his back legs and roared.

Bahamut growled and noticed a few people were trying to get closer with their phones and all sorts. The dragon sighed and jumped down, grabbing Fleck at the waist from behind and flying away.
“HEY! LET ME GO OR I’LL BEAT YOU SENSELESS!” Fleck had been screaming all sorts of insults for the first few minutes of the flight. His cobra tails scratched hopelessly at the Bahamut’s chest plates with their toxic fangs.
“Stop with the manhandling and put me down!”
Bahamut had just about had enough. “Alright.” His grip loosened.
“Hey! Heyhey wait I didn’t mean it! I said put me down no DROP ME!” He continued to wriggle and struggle in his claws, but for no reason other than inconvenience for being picked up in the first place.
[hr][/hr]
Bahamut landed in the park where they first saw each other and disappeared again.
Tristan was surprised to see the creature was just a little boy.
“Ugh, for the love of Pete.” Rydian rubbed his head and grimaced.
“You alright?” Tristan held out his hand.
“Uhh, yeah, I suppose.” He continued to rub his head. “Name’s Rydian, Rydian Gallagher.” He took his hand and shook it.
“Tristan Crowe.” He said with a smile.
“Crow…like the bird?”
“Yeah, but with an e on the end.”
“Oh…well, nice to meet you Tristan Crowe.”
“You too uhh…Rhydian…”
“Gallagher.”
“Yeah…well uhm…why were you-”
“Hey, mind if we split? I have to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow if you have any questions. I have a really bad headache.”
Tristan didn’t know what to say. “Well uh…fine I suppose. I’ll see you…”
“Tomorrow, at 3. At the mall? I have to go now, bye.” He was gone before Tristan could say much more.
He just stood there for a while staring as Rydian walked off into the distance.
“…Well that was different.”
“You can say that again.”
“You can shut up!”

OOC: Sapphy, it’d probably be good to have some sort of divider between the different characters–to better distinguish who you’re using.

Ariet Nathan Cross.

“Yeah… that’s my name…” He held out his palm to shade his face from the evening sun. His back pressed against the side of a building, he lets out a sigh of relief. Nothing had gone wrong today. So very, horribly wrong. He lifted his hand casually and flicked his wrist, creating a small bubble of condensed air in the center.

Ariet Nathan Cross…

Was he really deserving of that name? Of that lifestyle? … of that curse?

Nathan…

He strode up the street to a local pawn shop and let himself in–even though it was closed at the time. He knew the manager very well, as he was a friend of his late father. The man he himself believed to be dead, even if it hadn’t been confirmed.

Ariet needed no confirmation.

He set his arms against the counter and pressed his head onto the glass, staring at all of the priceless knick-knacks glimmering back at him. Ariet never did understand how such garbage, sold at $0.04 back in the olden days, could sell for upwards $1000 now. It was nonsensical when really thought through. He was broken from his trance by the sound of a pair of shuffling feet. Lifting his head, he spied Gerald, the owner of the establishment. The old man had a thick head of gray hair, silvery eyes, and a disheveled beard that almost made him seem scary at times. Four long scars rent up both of his arms–from a wild animal attack, he had said.

Animals don’t leave 2 feet long marks… even on the worst of days. Ariet thought. However, he never pressed the man for an explanation. The last thing he’d want to do is get into a truth conversation with the old man.

Gerald patted Ariet’s shoulder lightly.
“What brings you back here to my ol’ dump, Ariet? Didn’t break enough the last time you were here?”
The young man tensed, giving Gerald a pained look. “It was an accident. I could’ve sworn that woman pushed–” Gerald waved his hand dismissively. “It don’t matter now, they’re gone, and no amount of explanations are going to fix them.” He crossed his arms. “Besides. Shouldn’t you be somewhere right now? They don’t like slackers.” Ariet groaned. He’d been in and out of the Rebel HQ since he joined–doing quests of all sorts one after another, he barely had any time to himself nowadays.

He let out another groan.

“I’ll get to it in a bit, I promise. Won’t be in your hair for much longer. I was just looking for… a piece of metal.” Gerald tore his eyes away from a handkerchief in his pocket to give Ariet a puzzled look.
“What in the world do you need that for?” The boy smiled. “It’ll be a surprise. You’ll find out soon enough, but I need it ASAP.” He glanced at his wrist as if there was a watch there. “Five minutes until I’ll be a half an hour late.”
Gerald stared blankly at him for a moment, but eventually went to the back to retrieve the material. After a moment, he called back out “How big?”
“Medium sized, any metal will do as long as it’s natural.”

Eventually, the old man ambled out of the doorway, bringing with him a long, silver chunk that was covered in random places with a thick rust. Yet, in other places, it gleamed malignantly.
“Perfect, thanks. I’ll pay you for it when I get paid!” He said as he stuffed it into his pack and dashed out of the door.
“Yeah, you’d better! Else you’ll pay for it with a tanned hide!” Gerald sighed. “Young’ins nowadays. Always rushin’ off to who knows where.” And yet, there was a glint of pride in his sad, time-worn eyes.

OoC: Wow! I actually posted more than once for a change!

Reginald opened the door to see what was knocking on the door.

He was surprised to see a little girl outside his door, with a bouquet of flowers which seemed to be for him.

“Here are some flowers, Mister Reggie,” The girl squeaked.

“Why, thank you, but-”

The girl was gone.

“What could that have been?” Reggie muttered.

That girl couldn’t have known that you were in this dorm section without someone informing her, Lexaeus murmured, wondering about what he and Reginald have just laid witness to.

“Well, she found us, so there’s nothing we can do about it,” Reggie sighed. "But…

Who could’ve sent her here? And how did she know my name?"

OoC 2: Ugh, another short post. Sorry.

The next day…

Scarlet peeped out of the window, barely sticking her head outside. Once she checked the coast was clear, she clambered out, leaving the window slightly open. She pulled the crimson hood over her head and walked down the alleyway along the side of the house. She avoided the bins and the rodents which ran to and fro.

She peeped out of the alley, the road was quiet and were only a few people, occasionally a few groups of friends going past. She quickly jumped out as not to look suspicious and walked down towards her school.
She had been going through the same routine for the past few days, adding more and more steps as she went. None of them allowed her to reach the school.

This time she made it to her bus stop before they found her.
“Hey, riding hood!” The girl with the yellow and green coat pulled the hood off her head and pulled her back by the hair.
Scarlet yelped and looked up to see the girls crowding around her. She looked around quickly, there was no-one else about. Not even a single person passing by or waiting for the bus. There were no cars either. It was creepy and almost unnatural, but it was the expected traffic for the area. Buses drove on their routes as expected on the dot and sometimes earlier, but life around here was pretty much clockwork.

The girls pulled and tugged at the cloak she wore over her uniform. She had hoped it would keep her hidden but the bright color probably made her stick out more than it should have, especially considering just how few people lived in the area or left their houses at around this time.
Scarlet whimpered and cried when they kicked and slapped her. She heard their demands and calls but she didn’t understand them. She went into a trance like phase where she felt the pain but blanked out, as if it were something insignificant. Unfortunately she was brought back with a powerful slap to the face. She was knocked on her side and landed flat on the ground. She felt a sharp pain in her shoulder which made her cry out.

The ring leader with the green hoodie pushed down a foot on Scarlet’s waist and flipped over onto her back.
“Wha’s wrong riding hood? Ya gone ‘n’ fallen 'sleep on me again?”
“N-no-gaah.” She tried to sit up but the girl kicked her down again. The gang behind her laughed and jeered at her.
She felt a few tears escape but she didn’t care, she just wanted them to stop. She couldn’t even beg them to stop, she just had to wait it out until they gave up for the day, then she’d have to make her way home and repeat the cycle all over again.

She felt something inside her click. Her stomach felt weird and she looked up as if expecting the girls to disappear.
When she did she noticed the girl was about to kick her int he head. She rolled quickly out of the way.
She got up quickly on her feet. She wished she hadn’t because now they were far madder than she’d ever seen them.

She backed up quickly and hit the pole holding the sign of the bus times. She rolled quickly and ran, not seeing any other options. She saw her bus pass as she ran, she heard it screech to a halt at the stop. She never hated herself more. If she had waited long enough she probably could have hopped on or got some help from people on there. She didn’t want to turn again while being chased so she kept on running.

She felt her sides aching and her chest hurting but she didn’t stop. She heard them still chasing her. She wasn’t used to this sort of running and it seemed like they were. She tripped at the end of the road with a slam and hurt her shoulder again. The girls caught up, they pulled her up by her school blouse collar.
hey were about to hit her again, she flinched bu didn’t feel the blow. She opened her eyes again and the girl dropped her. She fell to the ground and hurt her back but it was nothing compared to the beat up earlier. She saw they were still angry, but looking at someone else.

She felt someone grab her arm, she didn’t resist and found herself being pulled up. She turned and saw a familiar face, she couldn’t help but smile.
“Tristan.” She whispered. He was one her only friends at school, while he was popular, she was not. While he was brave, she was not.
“Hey! Buzz off!” He shouted.
The girls shouted back insults and curses but they left anyway.
Scarlet stood there for a while at a loss for words. “H-how did you-”
“Are you alright?” Tristan looked down and flashed her a smile.
“Uhh, yeah, thanks.” She blushed and looked down.

“You coming to school then?” Tristan smiled again.
“Uhh, yeah, I was…on my way now.” She smiled again, rubbing her shoulder.
“Are you sure you’re alright?”
“Mhm, yeah.” She looked at the ground.
The two made their way back to the bus stop and waited for the later bus. They would make it to school on time, but would have to walk fairly quickly to their rooms.
Tristan tried to find out about the girls twice but Scarlet refused to tell anything about them, so he eventually gave up and rested throughout the rest of the bus journey, having to switch buses three times until hey had to walk the rest of the way.