The ingame music/music suggestions

Hi this is my first time doing one of these, I was basically just wanting to talk about the music in pmu. The thing is while the game is a pokemon mystery dungeon fangame, there are a ton of games that have fitting music for pmu. I don’t know if maybe thats a copyright thing so correct me if I am wrong but multiple other titles have music that would pop right into place in some dungeons, I myself think quite afew of the soundtracks from the new zelda game Hyrule warriors: Age of Calamity are absolutely amazing to listen to while im playing pmu, this is just my opinion and I think other games would be amazing as well maybe people could comment what soundtracks they like and think would fit in. thank you for reading :). (It is a suggestion and idk about votes but maybe we could get some of the ingame music changed, if it isnt too much of a hassle.)

as for songs that i think would be amazing in pmu, here is a list of links:
Divine Beast Vah Medoh Looms — Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity OST Extended Soundtrack

Searching the Lost Woods — Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity OST Extended Soundtrack

Divine Beast Vah Naboris Looms — Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity OST Extended Soundtrack

Romp across the Battlefield — Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity OST Extended Soundtrack

these are afew tracks i think might fit in with pmu’s music :)

New guy here, but I can answer to as why these may not be included. Under the DMCA, copyright can last I believe 50 years after the creator’s death. You may not use a work without permission/consent or if it falls under fair use. And since this isn’t youtube (They struck a deal which is the reason Content ID exist), they are suable.
Disclaimer: I am no lawyer, nor practitioner of law. This does not constitute as legal advice, and I am not ethically bound to represent you.

1 Like

Good point, but haven’t you read or watched videos about using or making branches (Hacks, fan games, fan arts) about copyright? It’s a never ending discussion topic were both sides are right.

Also, this is a pokemon game, the music should keep in “Pokemon” Topics.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m aware of the arguments of both sides. But from a legal standpoint, no.

1 Like

Again, Both sides are right, in arguments and legally. but let’s just focus on the main topic that is adding music from other games.
Let’s keep music to pokemon related terms, we can use youtube or music player while we play pmu with sound off, that’s a choice. (I hear KDA while playing PMU)

2 Likes