The issue of HC focus

This has been something that has been bothering me for a while. Whenever new pokemon get released in PMU, they are first introduced in HCs, which in my opinion, is perfectly fine. However, the list of HC exclusive pokemon still getting longer and longer and longer and it’s at a point that I feel that a break in HC might be healthy for the game.

Looking at the list of event exclusive pokemon, there is 27 Pokémon lines that’s locked behind just HC, in addition to 2 locked behind keys only available in HC. While I get forums can be annoying to implement and it’s valid, excluding them still gives about 24 (26 w/ Keys).

The way right now I see from this game is using HC to motivate people, and while I get that there’s a limited amount of staff and people having busy schedule, there could be a shift in focus. Sacrificing 1 HC for a better permenant content for the game definitely will make the overall content for the game better. Especially for a reason i can’t say here.

While I definitely don’t agree with cancelling easter HC due to the mechanics of partner egg, I feel like summer HC or the HC after summer could be cancelled / postpone to catch up with the growing list of HC exclusive recruit.

However, this is my take with the way the game is handling with content.

7 Likes

Agreed usually they would eventually plop them into some existing / new permanent dungeons but due to lack of team / time over time the list grew i guess

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind losing a non-Easter hc for a new permanent dungeon. Having most of the hc exclusive Pokémon be from Gen 8 is fine, but there’s still Pokémon from Gen 7 and even Flabebe who are locked to it!

1 Like

I agree with most of what you said. It takes way too long to get stuff released. It’s been about 2 years since our last permanent content and it seems staff had just been sleeping on the idea of actually releasing something. Recruits, or dungeons, doesn’t matter. Shouldn’t be that hard. And if it is truly hard, then they should communicate about it. I’ve been asking for proper communication for years, but that doesn’t happen.

Although agreeing with most stuff, I don’t think sacrificing an HC for permanent content is equal. Summer Resort is about to go on it’s 4th repeat if it happens this year, and Winter HC just had it’s second. There’s no way that much effort was put in the actual HC if the map already existed. The only things that were changed:

• New sprites
  • Change of recruits and enemies
  • Rewards

As for the 27 pokémon lines that are locked behind HC, there’s plenty of places they can go. It does not hurt the game at all to release something in a temporary spot, so it’s finally accessible to the crowd. 90% of these lines are easily able to be put in a dungeon (maybe excluding dreepy line, that might need some more thinking).

Some pokémon were promised to be released in a dungeon, and we never heard anything about them. I don’t know who pushes/pushed this stuff to be kept secret, but it’s really sad to witness these broken promises.
applinpmu2
This was from 2021. The alolan forms were promised to be released after summer HC 2020. 3 years have passed and no one ever bothered to communicate to us why they’re still not here. I expect the same thing to happen to the fossils from summer 2022.

6 Likes

Definitely agree, the lack of permanent content has been a real issue. IMO you dont even need to make a new dungeon to release these exclusives, in the past new pokemon have just been added to dungeons. If time is truly the problem, that’s a very easy solution.

5 Likes

Personally I’m dissatisfied with having Pokemon restricted to HC, but there’s a lot of influences and factors that make things the way they are right now. That being said though, there are always discussions on how to improve these systems and plans set in place to improve on these things over time.

We’ll definitely take suggestions (and discussions like this) into consideration! Lots of development just goes on behind the scenes, but I can understand the frustration that might bring.

Just my personal two cents, but I’ve always disliked the fact that HC is the main driving force for introducing new Pokemon. I think things are mainly this way because there’s constantly 100+ Pokemon being introduced every few generations and PMU may not be equipped enough to meet expectations. However, the staff team does have people who invest time and care into the game, this is just a task that might take time to resolve.

All things considered, I do hope that we can greatly improve on these things and resolve these problems.

5 Likes