The PMU Family Item Tracker

PFIT%20Banner

What is PFIT?

PFIT stands for PMU Family Item Tracker. It’s a personal project that I’ve been working on in my spare time for a while now.

As a note, I use “PFIT” and “Tracker” interchangeably. They both refer to the same thing.

What does PFIT do?

Your homework, your taxes, your job Nah, I’m totally kidding. :P

I designed it as a tool to help you to keep track of your family items. It can be a real pain to have to log into your ALTs just to check your storage for a particular item. PFIT eliminates the need to do so.

What features does PFIT offer?

I won’t go into too much detail here as most of these are pretty self-explanatory, but the Tracker supports the following features:

1. Advanced Sorting

• Order
    • Dex Number
    • Item
    • Quantity
    • Pokemon
    • Family
    • Rarity
    • Effect
    • Region
    • Evolution Line
  2. Dual Format Inventory Management

• Master
    • Regional

The choice of which to use is up to your preference.

3. Color-coded Quantity

So you can quickly tell how many of an item you have at a glance.

What platforms are supported?

I built the Tracker using Open Office. A free, open source alternative to Microsoft Office (Which I don’t have access to).

Google Sheets is also supported. Just keep in mind that there will be some minor differences in this version. Shouldn’t affect functionality too much though.

I should mention that I am a Windows user, so the Tracker was built using the Windows version of Open Office. This doesn’t necessarily mean that it won’t work on Mac or Linux, but I cannot promise that it will, nor can I offer support if you do have problems with the Tracker using the Mac or Linux versions of Open Office. Sorry about that… :(

Will you add support for _____?

There are no plans to add support for platforms other than those mentioned above.

Porting to other platforms takes time and energy, which I don’t always have. Plus I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew and get burned out. I easily have over 100 hours of work into this project already, and that’s not even touching Google Sheets… So I’m sticking to just these two platforms. Open Office and Google Sheets are the most widely accessible platforms I have access to. That ensures that the most people possible can benefit from my hard work, and that was a goal from the start.

That being said, if you want to port the Tracker to another platform, you’re welcome to do so. All I ask is that you credit me as the original creator and that you’re simply porting it to a new platform. If you contact me either here or on Discord (Discord is preferred, as I’ll see it faster) when you’re done, I’ll add your port to the Downloads section of this post and credit you properly. Thanks in advance! :)

Required Program(s) and Installation Instructions

Open Office

1. Download Open Office. The latest version is recommended.
  2. Run the Installer.
    • You might need to “Unblock” the file first.
      • Right Click on the file > Properties > Unblock > OK
  3. When asked to select a setup type, choose “Custom”.
  4. Select the modules you want to install. The only requirement for the Tracker that I am aware of is “Calc”, but if you want to match my setup to avoid potential problems, see the screenshot below.
My Setup

Google Sheets

1. No download or installation required.
    • Simply click the link in the Downloads section.
      • Sign into your Google account and save a copy of the file to your Google Drive.
I'm having problem(s) with the Tracker. Help me!

Join the Official PFIT Discord server and post in the proper channel. You can find the invite link in the Readme file and inside the Tracker.

It’s much easier for me to keep tabs on the Discord server than this thread. Which means that I can offer support faster and easier.

I have an idea and/or want to contribute to the Project! How can I help?

First of all, thank you for your interest in helping out! I appreciate all contributions to help me make PFIT even better! Join the Official PFIT Discord server and post in the proper channel. You can find the link in the Readme file and inside the Tracker. Thanks in advance! :)

I've found a bug/error in the Tracker. Where do I report it?

The best place would be in the Discord server. I’ll see it faster there. You can find the invite link in the Readme file and inside the Tracker. You can also contact me directly on Discord. My Discord tag is TheEpicPikachu #7093. Thanks! :)

I have a question about the Tracker not answered here!

Join the Official PFIT Discord server and post in the proper channel. You’ll most likely get an answer faster there. You can find the invite link in the Readme file and inside the Tracker. Thanks!

Downloads

Open Office
PFIT v1.2.3

Google Sheets
PFIT v1.2.3

10 Likes

Download link has been added. Thanks for your patience everyone!

2 Likes

real nice work statik haven’t seen this much effort being put into something in a hot second :’)

2 Likes

Thanks Chrollo, I’m glad that you like my work! :heart:

I originally wasn’t going to make a full scale tracker, it was only going to be a single page listing the family items I had in stock separated by Rarity. Because at the time, I had more family items than I knew what to do with. My storage on my main and alts were maxed out and I needed to clear out space. So I started listing them, but it was a pain to do because I had to keep inserting rows to keep item sets together. I thought to myself “There has to be a better way…”.

As I continued, I thought to myself “It would sure be nice if I could sort these while keeping the families together…”. So I tried to think of how I could do it, and then it hit me.

“All Pokemon have a base form, even Pokemon that can’t evolve. And as long as every item’s cell in a set has the same value, I can group them together by setting the column heading as a parameter when sorting”.

And thus PFIT was born…

1 Like

yep i ussually make spreadsheets and such to keep track of items in my case it was silks/gem/globe to keep myself from over stocking on certain types :)

2 Likes

The Google Sheets version of the Tracker is now available!
Link added to the OP.

2 Likes

PFIT v1.1.0 is now available for both Open Office and Google Sheets!

Download links have been updated.

Changelog

Open Office

Click me
  • NEW! Added Bookmark feature. [Suggestion by Kiza]

• Improved term consistency of the Effect column.

• Reworked the Conditional Formatting to be less of an eyesore.

• Increased font size and cell spacing to improve visibility.

• Corrected errors

• General Bug Fixes

Google Sheets

Click me
  • NEW! Added Bookmark feature. [Suggestion by Kiza]

• Improved term consistency of the Effect column.

• Increased font size and cell spacing to improve visibility.

• Corrected errors

• General Bug Fixes

1 Like

PFIT v1.2.0 is now available for both Open Office and Google Sheets!

Changelog

Click me
  • Updated Forest Torc’s Effect.

• Updated Mystic Scarf’s Effect.

• Updated Ravage Ring’s Effect.

• Updated Muscle Charm’s Effect.

• Corrected Evolve Charm’s Effect.

• Corrected Frigid Bow’s Effect.

• Corrected Growl Scarf’s Effect.

• Corrected Lava Bow’s Effect.

• Corrected Wurmple Bow’s Effect.

• Corrected Cheer Rock’s Effect.

• Corrected Volt Heart’s Effect.

• Corrected Arid Tag’s Location/Items to Swap.

• Corrected spelling of Silvally.

1 Like

PFIT v1.2.1 is now available for both Open Office and Google Sheets!

Changelog

• Added Fomantis Line items.

• Added Morelull Line items.

• Corrected spelling of Mienfoo Band.

• Corrected spelling of Miensh-Sash.

• Corrected Thundershard’s Effect.

• Corrected Luck Brooch’s Effect.

PFIT v1.2.2 is now available for both Open Office and Google Sheets!

Changelog

Click me
  • Added Terms section to Guide Page.
  • Added Oranguru’s Item.
  • Added Passimian’s Item.
  • Added Togedemaru’s Item.
  • Added Drampa’s Item.
  • Corrected Dense Poncho’s Effect.
  • Corrected Phanpy Card’s Effect.
  • Corrected Phanpy Tag’s Effect.
  • Corrected Donphan Fang’s Item name.
  • Corrected Spike Brooch’s Item name.
  • Corrected Kang-Apron’s Item name.
  • Corrected Darmani-Brow’s Item name.
  • Corrected Block Brooch’s Item name.
  • Corrected Swan Pendant’s Item name.
  • Corrected Gooey Torc’s Item name.
  • Corrected Straw Cape’s Item name.
  • Corrected Agile Helmet’s Item name and Effect.
  • Corrected Skull Helmet’s Effect.
  • Corrected Allure Coat’s Effect.
  • Corrected Glitter Torc’s Effect.
  • Corrected spelling of Purrloin.
1 Like

PFIT v1.2.3 is now available for both Open Office and Google Sheets!

Changelog

• Added new items.
  • Minor updates to a few items.
  • Corrected errors.

Not much worth noting here even though it’s been months, but I’ll tell you this much. Big changes are coming. :wink:

1 Like