The Pure Silk and Pure Dust, treasures for mono-typed Pokemon

Currently dual-typed Pokemon receive an additional advantage in PMU beyond the second STAB, namely that they can benefit from 2 sets of silks/dusts for a gain of 80 points spread across various stats, versus the +40 a singular type has access to. This typically means that dual-typed Pokemon are going to be much stronger endgame.

So I propose a silk/dust set, tentatively named the Pure Silk and Pure Dust, that will confer its benefits to all Pokemon that posses only a single type when in the bag. This should help close the gap between them and dual-typed pokemon later in the game.

Might be hard to add in, but I wouldn’t be against this hypothetical item being added. Also could be a neat item to pad out high end dungeon’s end boxes that need to be more unique (so multiple dungeons don’t have the same rewards). While I know that mono-types were at a disadvantage I never felt like it was that much of a hindrance, I don’t think this game is that hard where you need the +80 stats but it can’t hurt to even out the playing field.

1 Like

while balancing mono types would be nice adding more silks might end up being messy perhaps another item such as a damage reducing/increasing item for mono types as all stats are for in the end are for either increasing your own damage or decreasing enemy damage anyways

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t follow. When you refer to more silks being potentially “messy” are you referring to the difficulty of implementation or balance-wise?

Straight-up damage reduction/damage boosts are, at least to my understanding, going to be far more nightmarish to work with from a balancing perspective and I would assume just as difficult to program if not more so.

1 Like

o i mean if we add more silks there will be a lot basically theres already like almost 20 :slight_smile:

1 Like

What difference does it make if the item is a silk/dust or some other item with a different name replicating its functionality?

We have probably over a hundred TMs and I don’t think there’s any issue with them, is there? What makes other item types such as orbs, seeds, dusts, silks and the like any different?

1 Like

It’s probably possible but they would need to be scripted differently most likley so they only work with Pokemon that have ‘Type 1’ only and that ‘Type 2’ = Null.

1 Like

I agree about the problem, dual-type mons have a clear advantage. We can balance this in two ways, either through the proposed dust/silk, which is a neat idea, or by allowing single-type pokemon to benefit from two dusts/silks of the same kind. For example, flareon could benefit from two fire dusts, whereas houndoom only from one. Idk if this would be easier to programme, though.

1 Like

or just give double stats to mono types so yo udont have to carry 2 of the same silk/dust/etc

1 Like

with this in mind though some Pokemon were kept mono type for a reason because if they had 2 types in the games they would be insanely op.

1 Like

monotypes are beneficial because they should have fewer weaknesses. However, in PMD games, the dusts/silks are a separate mechanic, which I think makes dual type mons much stronger. Weaknesses can be by-passed using globes and family items

1 Like

That would go counter to the point of this suggestion, which is to put mono and dual type pokemon on the same field. Dual type pokemon still need two silks to get the double stat bonus, likewise if we are going to give an extra bonus to single type pokemon it should consume two slots as well. Same benefits, same costs.

1 Like