The Puzzle Has Been Solved! Sylveon+X&Y

I am almost certain of Sylveon’s type.
I know everyone says this, but unlike them. I have valid evidence.

Light Type. Or Fairy Type. Both have very intriguing evidence.
I may be right about the type, but it not being Sylveon’s, however, I am almost certain that if there is a new type, Sylveon will be that type.
[hr][/hr]Light type
I had only figured this one out about a week ago, I saw somebody’s guess of Light AND sound types, however, I believe there to only be light. (I still gathered the evidence myself!)
[hr][/hr]Here’s the evidence.
:!!: The MAIN city of the Kalos region, (Has the Eiffel tower-like structure) is based on Paris, and the whole region is proved to be based on France, Paris is the city of lights.
:!!: Next, This main city is called Lumiose City, Luminosity, Light.
:!!: :!!: I JUST NOTICED THIS! Click for an image, while visiting the Pokemon website, I noticed a section on the Kalos region (Check picture) The region is shaped like a star? What do stars do? They are a source of light.
[hr][/hr]Fairy Type
This was my guess, basically the second that Sylveon was revealed. And since then, I have actually found evidence to prove this theory!
:!!: It’s French name is Nymphali, and it’s Japanese name (Nymphia) which is similar to the word Nymph, which means, a fairy.
[hr][/hr]If it is neither of these, it is definitely going to be normal type. Sylveon could never be a flying type.
But, I was convinced it was a fairy type until I discovered the possibility of it being light, so maybe someone can persuade me again?

Well, that is alot of evidence, and I hope the part about light type is correct. Perhaps, something like light is stronger against dark, but weak against ghost types. Something along the lines of that, I guess. Also, if not those I have reason to believe that it can be flying type.

I kind of hope is a light type… it was one of the first pokemon of X and Y to get shown, along that, a new type.

In an interview sort of thing about Sylveon’s type, three questions were asked:

1. Is it a fighting type? No.
  2. Is it super effective against ice types? Yes.
  3. Is it resistant to poison? No.

The only option which remains is Rock…or a new type.
So…if it is a new type, it is not resistant to poison and is super effective against ice.

I don’t really know how light could be super effective to ice, but you never know.

PS: My 4000th post! >3

Light (If it’s hot enough) can melt ice, then again… Fire melts ice, and is super effective against ice, so that may be a bit repetitive.

Anyway, congrats on your 4000th post Sapphy! :la:

I thought it was revealed that Sylveon would be Fairy type, but I guess they weren’t specific~ Those are some interesting facts, but I’m still going with Fairy type since Pokemon tend to have relate able names to what they are. Only sometimes though. We’ll just have to find out ourselves!

I hate sylveon now I think you know why

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3 … -announced
Slyveons’s type was confirmed already as a new fairy type!

Also this topic is a month old, so be sure to check the date ;)