The Shedded Halo (The True Story of Effusus)

The First of The Beginnings

Oh! Hi there! Didn’t see me there, huh? Hehe… The name’s Effusus, and you’re all probably wondering my long story right? Long story, true, but I promise you, it’s something you will be amazed at. Could you stay here for a few weeks or months, EVEN YEARS! Just to hear my story? Please? Oh thanks! Okay, where do I start…

Inside the craggy paths of Tanren Taiga; where it was always cold, no matter what you say, I was given birth by my mom, oh! That’s Tei, the Ninjask, my mom! Ah, that put your hands close to her, a bit of blood makes me insane. That Shuckle over there who’s camera shy, that’s my dad, Wolhart! Sorry, he really is just camera-shy, but I tell you, he gives a Chuckle once in a time (Pun intended)

Now that you get my parents, I guess I better tell you the rest of the story. Sooooo… It started in Tanren Taiga, a place always full of snow and what not, but that’s not the point, ever since I was a child, I was being trained to the point of mastering partial (and unluckily, fake) ninjutsu.

“Come on son, give a big slash” Dad said as I prepared a large claw that glistened with a grey fervor

I gave out my battle cry as I attacked his shell, but I accidentally broke a nail “Sorry, son! Your old Pop has a shell made out of diamonds!” He said as he tapped his iridescent shell. I waved my hand as Mother said:

“Dinner’s ready!”

Dad and I rushed to the dinner table full of Poffins, Lum Berries, Starf Berries, and my favorite! Kasib Berries. As I was about to grab for the food, my mother with her lightning-quick speed whacked my hand away.

“Uh, uh, uh! Not until we pray!”

As we made the Sign of the Arc* we made our prayer, then we ate. As I continued to eat, Mother seemed to slow down in eating, that was strange, she was always in a rush. Then she whispered something:

“Effu?”

She asked as I looked to her face, a lot of fruit crumbs still on my face she looked at Dad who was in confusion, wait, if dad didn’t know, that means-- MOM IS ANGRY AT ME! But instead, a different reply:

“You’ve always wanted to be a Explorer, right? Look under your table.”

She said as I saw a gift with a Gracidea on top and in joy grabbed it, and accidentally hit my head on the table

“A Sky gift!”

I exclaimed in joy and quickly opened it, a blue scarf was inside, silk, it was woven by expert Leavanny but then Dad faced mom and screamed:

“But that’s my scarf!”

“Well it’s time he grows up.”

As Dad was trying to play-attack Mom, I was so happy, me? An explorer, I never thought this dream would come true, and they’re love quarrel wasn’t very clear to me, I was just to busy looking at the delicate scarf…

I can’t wait to become an EXPLORER!

Meet me next time on:

A Friend"s Baton

*: The sign of the Arc is the Pokemon world version of the Sign of The cross for the Christian Religion, this is not to be sent as being anti-christian.

Wow! Ever since I saw your Calcium Silver and Sodium Gold story, I knew you’d make good stories, with this being no exception! Good job! :joy:

O: Nice Story, Effusus. Really good story. :D

A Friend"s Baton

The snow of the forest and the thick fog was hard to pass through, and when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, a Hailstorm came up. Even though I lived in the mountains, I always hated the hail, especially when it sticks to the fur on your skin, wait… YOU’RE A FEATHERED POKEMON!? I’m so envious! Give me your feathers! Please, I’m freezing!

So that the hail didn’t hit me, I burrowed underground, going through the Diglett army who were preparing for the next spring season. Did you know that Diglett don’t really have feet? They’re actually serpentine, but please don’t tell them that I said that!

“Hey buddy!” That’s one of my bestfriends: Gaius the Diglett, an expert with mining and fossils!

“Oh! Hey!” I replied to him as he showed to me a strange looking stone with a sigma placed on it

“I found this strange fossil while playing around in the mud–” He noticed my azure scarf and screamed out loud: “You’re gonna be an explorer!?” I nodded, and his enthusiasm was raised almost to the point where he caused an earthquake.

“You need to bring this to Red Moon Spring, when you finally find it!” He handed me the fossil and I just laughed, Red Moon Spring was just a myth, but as I was about to say this, elder Nave walked up to us and laughed a bit.

“Effusus, I know what you’re going to say, but do not feign your “intelligence”.” I blushed a bit in embarrassment, Elder Nave was is my Great-Great-Great Grandfather… You’re probably asking why…

Er… Long Story…

“I’m glad you took the job of my son-in-law.” He said as he sighed “As much as I hated him, it would be nice that you do your best to try and save the world.” Gaius laughed a bit as he put the fossil in my hand.

“Okay buddy, I’m rooting for 'ya. Take care, 'kay? I want you to do your best, but at the same time slow down.” We both smiled as I held the fossil. I’m sure I would take complete care of it, no matter how long it might take.

As I burrowed throughout the place I found the home of one of my other friends: Kellek. He’s a Girafarig, so, don’t be so weirded out by him, 'kay?

I burrowed up, and I was exactly under his feet. “Oh! Effusus!” He screamed as I noticed, that he also had a scarf, and we stared at each other blankly then screamed at the exact same time:

“You’re gonna be an explorer!?”

You see, Kellek and I have been best friends for the longest time, people call us twins… er… I mean… Triplets… no, that tail doesn’t have a mind of it’s own, but it says strange things at night. I don’t wanna talk about it.

Kellek’s mother: Quilin, was in shock when she saw us together, and she was also surprised when she saw the scarf

“My kids… will become explorers!”

Quilin’s a bit bipolar, and emotional, so you shouldn’t be disturbed by her “emotional constipations” oh, that Absol behind you? That’s just Kellek’s dad: Apollo, the Absol. He’s a bit silent and territorial, best not disturb him…

“Okay you two, you best hurry up! You gotta get to Ren’s* place! Now! You know how easily she is stressed!”

And as we prepared to go outside, the hail was still harsh Kellek was a person who loved going outside, and was quite used to this hail but he noticed what I was in, suddenly he started to glow an iridescent purple and a sparkle came out from his mouth which formed a baton-like shape, he then gave it to me.

“Grab the baton, buddy!”

He smiled as I got it, the purple glow was then transported to me, and I didn’t feel the hail. Looks like the two of us will really become a great team.

A few dangerous things will happen in the next chapter! So prepare for:

Perish to the Requiem!

• Yes, Agunimon/PTD, I used your character!

Perish to the Requiem!

[i]In the heavy snow (Yes, it’s the exact same setting all over again.) and the faint song of the winds echo throughout the mountain amazed the both of us…

Wait…

That’s no normal song. That’s… That’s a Lapras’ Song. (Actually, it was Kellek who told me about this.) As we rushed to where the note was, we saw it there, swimming in the crystalline water, but as it turned around, a Pokemon was on it. A Pokemon who was on all four paws, on the mouth of it, and as it was about to eat the Pokemon, Kellek’s eyes darkened, and the wind attacked the Lapras.

It then noticed us, “You could have left it to faint!” I screamed at Kellek, but I didn’t understand, what caused him to not notice me, instead he just ran to the Lapras.

The head on his tail glowed as the black part of his head charged with synergy, and using the Hail’s strong pressure, he spun around and hit the Lapras’ face with a double-edged Zen Headbutt.

The Pokemon flew from the Lapras’ mouth, and with my mach-speed precision, I dug underground in the speed of… a Deoxys on Speed Forme (Silly, Pokemon, no one can travel at the speed of Light!), and used the aerial disturbance on the earth until I felt the direction where the Pokemon was coming from, I quickly jetted from the ground and caught the Pokemon in my hand.

Whatever Kellek did while I was gone, it seemed he was done for the count, so I put the Pokemon down

“Sorry, sir, need to leave you here.”

I then dug underground in the same speed again. I then jetted from the Ice at the Lapras to attack it “Petty kid.” He smirked as I used the speed adapted from my Mother to “warp” behind him.

I then used a skill learned from my Dad, a skill where you can mix two moves together to… I whacked him with multiple metal slashes which made a cracking sound on his face.

“Ha!” I exclaimed as I didn’t notice that his horn started to spin (Yes, Lapras can do that.) Kellek regained a bit of consciousness.

“Effusus, no!” He screamed as time “slowed down” I stayed there, in fright as the horn head towards me, I couldn’t get out, because if it was a Life-Or-Faint situation, my wings lose all blood supply and I slowed down looks like I just need to accept my fate.

As I got hit, my life flashed right before my eyes, but it was only for three seconds, suddenly all the scenarios I saw reversed and then I was smacked to the ground, bounced, then smacked again. It was a cold, powdery substance I felt…

Snow…

I was still alive! I slowly stood up, I was barely hurt, not a single scar, not a single bruise. I-Impossible! But I was happy, I was alive. I was up and running… I was… I was… READY TO FIGHT!

“I-Impossible!” The Lapras had the same reaction as I did, and as I rushed to him with an increased speed, everything around me became blurry, and my eyes started to see iridescent lights.

I dealt the final blow, which, together with the water, blew the Adversary away.

I then helped Kellek up, I was tired, but I was still strong enough, and we head to the direction of the Pokemon that we rescued, he stood up.

“Sorry for the trouble, sir.”

I said as he had a confused look on his face, then he said:

“I’m a girl.”

An Aron came from the mist. A shiny was, more shiny than most Aron. “The name’s Sabrina.” She said as she wanted to shake hands with me, but Kellek, being the nice guy, shook hands with her instead.[/i]

Problems of the past will be relieved in:

The Nightmare in the Nightmare!