The Shiny Gible Grind and why its Driving me Insane

I will preface this with it is kinda late at night so I am sorry if what I saw doesn’t come across very well!

I have been on and off grinding the shiny Gible key for about a year now, recently mega focusing on the grind, and it is driving me insane.

First off, the difficulty of the Dynamo Sands itself makes it a big undertaking and resource drain to run this much. I will admit that my setup isn’t fully optimized, I use a not fully evolved mon for arc’s sake, but even with my torterra it’s a nightmare. Having to run this dungeon hundreds of time is VERY exhausting, both on my supplies and mental state.

Next, the fact the Labyrinth, the only spot you can normally find rupi outside of the endboxes and sr, can have ANY number of floors above 6 is awful, I can’t be sure how much rupi I’ll be able to get per run. I’ve gotten anywhere from 60 to 3000 rupi per run, its infuriating :(
I wish there was a better way consistency wise, at least royal gems spawn throughout the entire dungeon! You don’t have to trek through 40 floors off danger before even getting one gem.

I can’t even say its very worth it either. Garchomp isn’t anywhere near the best pokemon. It doesn’t get 4x speed, it doesn’t get an absorb for its 4x weakness, and it lacks the quick healing that many pokemon that are considered good in this game have. The way the game design treats this grind its almost like shiny garchomp specifically is going to blow the game wide open and decimate everything in its path! But it doesn’t. I’m only doing this grind because its one of my favorite mons and shiny gabite is my sona.

I’m not great at brainstorming things that would make it better. Maybe cutting the price of the key down a tad? even just slashing it down to 70k would feel like a relief. I wish there was a way to get more consistent rupi drops, not just 7 floors of “stacks” of 1. Maybe some items in Gabeedle’s shop that increase rupi rate, but I will admit that sounds like a NIGHTMARE to code so its more of a daydream than anything. I just wish it was a little less nightmarish to grind is all.

In conclusion; I’m tired, and want my boy… This grind is genuinely dealing damage to my brain. Anyone have any ideas that may make it better?

3 Likes

i think i said this before but i will say it again,

please add a way to just not be forced out of the labyrinth staff.
let people stay in it forever if they choose.

Honestly, I don’t agree with the sentiment that the grind for gible is too difficult. Getting kicked out after a dew floors in lab really isn’t all that common at all, and while you mentioned the chance to spawn a stack of one rupis, you didn’t mention the fact that you can have multiple stacks per floor, and each stack can have up to 100 inside of them.
Even doing a direct comparison to the other dungeon that functions like DS, I would kill to have a grind like DS’ for hunting dratini over DD’s “kill everything and maybe walk out with 150 currency” philosophy

Unless they wanna get rid of all the stacks above 5 rupis, this sounds insanely abusable. Just mobile scarf flying from floor to floor picking up stacks of rupis without having to go anywhere else