Thoughts on Fairy Type and Pokemon-Amie?

Well guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been to the forums (and I still have yet to get back to PMU), and since then, the Fairy type has been CONFIRMED! I’m sure you guys all know this by now, but once again, I’d just like to see what your opinions are on it, as well as that Pokemon-Amie feature.

Personally, I’m really looking forward to being able to pet and feed your pokemon.

Hmm, well, I kind of like the idea of fairy type, though i’m not to keen that Sylveon is a fairy type. I’m still confused over the fact they picked Marill as a fairy type, but not Clefairy or some pokemon like that, ehe.
And yes, I am indeed exited to when it comes to petting and feeding your pokemon, it’s like pokemon in real life, which would be cool. Looking forward to it, can’t wait till it comes out. :la:

ugh they could’ve picked flying type for Sylveon!!! eh it didnt really look like a Flying type anyways…

i’m kind of neutral on fairy type. i mean i didnt really think we needed a new type, but we did need something to counter dragon other than Ice :l

pokemon amie is great!!! we never really interact with our Pokemon aside from battling. it also looks really cute!!! :3

im sure you know why I say I HATE FAIRY TYPES.

Yes, I’m sure.

Think about how I feel training a dinosaur with 5 weaknesses. Whereas yours only has 3.

http://wulf576.deviantart.com/art/Royal-Flush-378966069

My response. P:

• ->

I just don’t want to see Fairy be the new Dragon type. I don’t mind that Dragons have another weakness (although it is kinda funny. :B) but Fairy shouldn’t have like, two weaknesses and a whole lot of damage potential. It was supposed to balance the metagame, and it better do a good job of that.

And yes, Dragons have it pretty easy, actually. Wonderful defensive typing, not to mention ridiculous stats. (Every other legendary is a Dragon type!) Including the new Fairy type, it will have three weaknesses. Fairy, Dragon, Ice. Not to mention, it does Neutral / Super Effective damage against all types except Steel!

Other types have it WAY worse. Psychic types are weak to the ever so present Ghost and Dark type moves. (Bug to a lesser extent.) And it’s a pretty horrendous attacking type. (Doing Half Damage to Steel and, Psychic. Doing NO damage to Dark types.)

I"m all for having Tinkerbell owning Salamence and Hydreigon, but I feel like Game Freak could have just gave us a better range of Ice type moves, and subsequently buff Ice Types. Don"t you wanna see my beloved Cubchoo being a pseudo legendary? I know you all do.

All in all, the Fairy type seems a bit unnecessary.

The “Pokémon-Amie” feature seems pretty nice, I likely won"t ever use it though, seems pointless.

Guys, I don’t see why you’re hating on the Fairy Type. Check out this Bulbapedia article.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fairies_and_the_Fairy_Type

Oh my Arceus.

Pokemon-Amie looks adorable as heck! I get a Nintendogs feel from it, which makes me want to use it even more, because I never really played Nintendogs.

I just don’t want to see Fairy be the new Dragon type. I don’t mind that Dragons have another weakness (although it is kinda funny. :B) but Fairy shouldn’t have like, two weaknesses and a whole lot of damage potential. It was supposed to balance the metagame, and it better do a good job of that.

Agreed. While I like the idea of a new type, I’ll be very upset if it has very little to no weaknesses. The official site for X and Y even says that it’s supposed to balance the type chart a bit.

No hate. I just expect a lot from it. :B

No hate. I just expect a lot form it. :B[/quote]

Same here.

I wouldn’t really say I ‘hate’ Fairy Types… actually, in some cases, i’m kind of happy that they bring a new type, we’ve had the same for the whole years Pokemon have been existed for. However, I do dislike the fact they brought some certain Pokemon to be fairy type, especially Marill. I mean what? Marill? Why not Clefairy? Gamefreaks Logic. :s That, I do not like about Fairy Type. I also don’t like the fact Sylveon is a Fairy, I mean I understand why, but I don’t think it should… that lost the rep of Fairy Types in my opinion.

Remember that the Pokémon they showed aren’t going to be the only ones retyped. Heck, if anything, i’ll be darn well surprised if its not part fairy.

CleFAIRY, and the move Moon Blast.

As for the Marril issue, I believe its origin comes from a Japanese or whatever tale of a beach ball washing onshore and coming to life.

Think of it as kinda like Teddie. Except not a bear, and can’t do bear-rel rolls. Poor Marril.

My opinion? Fairies are awful, Nintendo should’ve just stuck with the original types…

They’re be in the OU tier, since they might have better stats and can defeat Dragons. Not to mention Fairy types sound awful, in my opinion.

Not to mention Fairy types sound awful, in my opinion.

You guys all have the right to not like this new type, but… I’d like to know your reason as to why it sounds awful to you. Do you mean the name, or the idea of it?

Hm… Fairy Type? Welp, it’s my 2nd favorite type now~ I’m excited they made another type, will make the game more interesting. owo
And… I made a list of Pokemon that could probably get the Fairy Typing:
Gen 1 - Pikachu, Raichu, Wigglytuff, Clefairy, Clefable, Chansey, Vulpix, Ninetales, and Mew.
Gen 2 - Azumarill, Blissey, Dunsparce, Miltank, Togepi, Togetic, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Pichu, Snubbull, Granbull, Teddiursa, Ursaring, and Celebi.
Gen 3 - Azurill, Mawile, Luvsdic, Ralts, Kirlia, Milotic, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, and Jirachi.
Gen 4 - Happiny, Togekiss, Azelf, Uxie, Mespirit, Manaphy, Phione, and Shaymin.
Gen 5 - Audino, Petilil, Lilligant, Minccino, Cinccino, Alomomola, Victini, Meloetta.
Gen 6 - Xerneas.

… Yeah. XD
I can imagine we’ll have about… 40-60 Fairy Types when X and Y is out?

Pokemon-Amie, seems fun. owo I want to pet my Umbreon<3

Edit: Forgot Igglybuff xD;

Hahaha, no. Even with the super advantage type, do you really think they’re going to have enough power(okay, Azumarill) and speed to OHKO? Plus, it’s not to mention that they can’'t take a hit either(Outrage, Superpower, Draco Meteor, other STAB move, etc) because of the high base power and stats.

The super effective typing means nothing as none have the power or bulk to actually stand up to one.

OT: Pokemon-Amie sounds fun, definitely would like to try that out. I’m a bit surprised why Fairy came this late, but I’m not hating.

I know I’m late, but I haven’t seen this thread before.

Can I just say, (not sure if anyone has pointed it out yet)

Why does only Pikachu say “Pikachu!” in Pokemon-amie? All the other pokemon shown just make there traditional sound from the games.

I hate Fairy types. (scroll down to see why)
why are they strong against dragons? that’s like Caterpie killing wailord.
also why add a new type in GEN 6. its really going to confuse ppl.

now on the pokemon-amie. I like this idea. you get to really play with your pokemon which Is cute. it will also boost friendship much easier. maybe some pokemon can only evolve with pokemon-amie. that would be cool.
I think pokemon-amie will be something great but im sure others will really hate it.

I like the idea of it. New Type > even more Pokemon. That’s just my opinion, though.