Tournament - Date has changed (forgot to edit the title xD)

Edit @ late February 2013:

The date of the tournament has been officially changed! The exact date however will not be posted for a while, because of the fact that the tournament itself will be scheduled within the summer (probably some time after “Summer” HC). There will be some changes to the tournament itself (firstly noted to the poll). I apologize for the inconvenience.

Update: The new level requirement will be 100.

Edit @ April 9th 2013:

The date of the tournament will most likely be on the weekend of July 27th and July 28th (Saturday & Sunday respectively). The only reason to why this date should be changed is if it occurs during Summer HC or if there would be reason to a more convenient time. Whatever the reason, there will be a 90% chance that during the month of July, the tournament will start then.

End of edits

Introduction:

I am happy to announce that Cinder, Dragonslayer1993 and myself (Harzrah) are going to be running a tournament, which will start on March 23rd and end on March 24th. The times of the tournament are stated on the “How the Tournament will work” section. Registration has already started and will be closed on Sunday, March 17th at 12:00am EST.

Also I just want to say that there will be a twist for the people who win the tournament… >:3

Current Teams:

Please note that if I made an error in ANYTHING, please tell me as soon as possible, since I’m locking when your appointment for the tournament is first thing on Monday, March 18th.

Team 1: Atuskia & TimaeusTestified
Preliminaries @: 7pm EST
Team Name: Thiefshipping

Team 2: Bloodthirst & Mungl1
Preliminaries @: 1pm EST
Team Name: BarbieGirls the MUTED Pie

Team 3: Levy & Trans
Team Name: Cellphones

Team 4: Playerozone & Stella
Team Name: Flying Mooses

Team 5: Chipper & Mewcc101
Team Name:

Team 6: Celestia123 & (Spot Available)
Team Name:

Team 7: Rayquaza011 & Absyy
Team Name: Domestic Killers

Team 8: MrD & Mad
Team Name:

Team 9: MASAMUNE & Erlade
Team Name: Seven Deadly Sins

Team 10: (Spot Available) & Steamer
Team Name:

Team 11: Coraje & Dark Zoroack
Team Name: Dark cabeza de muela

Team 12: Ribbon & Skarow (Scraggy)
Team Name: Viola

Team 13: Kendel & gopika
Team Name: Tsunami

Team 14: HydroFang & Foxy1
Team Name: HydroFox

Team 15: RickyPDC & DarkEevee
Team Name: Cascading Dreams

Team 16: Tsukuyo & 411
Team Name: Monsters

If I haven’t put your name on the list or if I didn’t put your correct partner, please tell me so I can correct it!

How the Tournament will work:

The tournament will consist of a preliminaries round and a finals round. The preliminaries will have two sets of its round, both occuring on March 23rd. The difference between these two sections is that the first set of the preliminaries will be at 1pm EST and the second one will be at 7pm EST. Afterwards, when four teams remain in the preliminaries (two per set), the time for the finals (which will occur on the Sunday, March 24th) will be decided by each team that remains. I will post this time on the forums as soon as I can and announce when the finals will start on PMU. I would ask you to message me on PMU or via the forums for which section you and your partner want to be apart of in the preliminaries.

The rules of this tournament are the following:

1. To officially enter the tournament, each team will require a team name.
  2. In this tournament, you are required to have 1 Pokemon with you.
  3. On top of rule #2, you will be required to partner with another player. This is a 2 vs 2 player tournament.
  4. AOE moves will not be tolerated unless you have 1 AOE per pokemon. On top of that, the AOE move must have a 1-3 Tile distance.
  5. To win a match, you are required to defeat both of your opponents. As long as there is one person standing on each team, the match will NOT be over.
  6. As a new rule, there is no limitations for a level requirement, since we are allowing up to level 100.
  7. No items, I will ensure this by getting a staff to check the inventory of each player.
  8. Abilities banned: Speed boost, Sturdy, Magnet Pull, Shadow Tag, Arena Trap, Cute Charm and abilities that consist of status infliction (Static, Flame Body, Etc…). The only exception to this rule is if you want to use the pokemon without the ability, you’ll be required to get attacked by simple beam before the match begins.
  9. No trolling. Simple really.
  10. No putting other players off, shouting abuse, making them type when in matches etc
  11. If you’re in the tournament and help another player win, you will be disqualified. Only 4 contenders in the arena (2 people on each team) at once.
  12. No weather is allowed.
  13. Wobbuffet and Wynaut will not be allowed.
  14. The moves that are NOT allowed are as follows: Zap Cannon, Protect/Detect, substitute, attract or any other move that immobilizes the opponent for that matter, Explosion/self-destruct, stat-raising moves, Perish Song, Future Sight, Mirror Coat, Counter, High-jump Kick/ Jump Kick, Quick/Wide guard, Destiny Bond, Present, 1 hit knock out moves, and Dive/Fly/Dig/Bounce.
  15. No status inflicting moves are allowed (this includes confusion too), however moves that have status infliction as a side effect are allowed.
  16. For moves like Petal Dance or Outrage (moves that make you use the attack a few times in a row), I will allow you to use it 3 times (3 times defining that you get confused or if leaf guard/other confusion protection abilities say otherwise).
  17. Any move that involves healing will be reduced to 3 times per match.
  18. With all the rules from 1-17, they all include the fact that spamming will NOT be tolerated. Unless these rules specify otherwise, using a move 5 times in a row (or more) will get you disqualified.

Tournament Prizes:
> Probably more updates on this section
> Please note that these prizes will be for each team member (so the items are doubled, one set for each person).

1st Place:
Wonder Chest, EXP.All, Electrilizer, Magmarizer, Claw Fossil, 100k.

2nd Place:
TM Thunderbolt, TM Ice Beam, TM Flamethrower, 75k.

3rd Place:
TM Shadow Ball, TM Bulldoze, TM Smack Down, 50k.

4th Place:
TM Solarbeam, 15 Honey, 25k.

Final Thoughts:

Any suggestions to anything about the tournament will be much appreciated!

Credits:
Cinder & Dragonslayer for helping organize this tournament.
Bloodthirst for letting me use his rules.
Atuskia for giving her opinion to certain ideas towards the tournament.
Whitewing & Voltray for offering to help out with modding the tournament.
The contestants of the tournament for making all this possible!

Just thought I’d say this. Since people trained their pokemon to 60 for Blood’s tournament, and level 70 is an option, if it ends up winning, what if people don’t have time to train their pokemon to 70? I think it would be a bit more fair if the cap was either 60 or 50. I don’t know about the others however.

EDIT: Alright, sheesh. I get commited but I’d feel like a person who trains a bit too much getting to 70 within a 14 day time period…

Well, if people are commited enough they’ll train to 70.
I just want to enter <w<; my pokemon over 60 but not completely 70.
Is that too much to ask? If it’s 60, then I’ll just have to re-use the ones I used for Blood’s tourney and thats just plain boring. But, this is just my oppinion.

Well so far it seems that people want to have the max lvl @ lvl 70 sooo… for now I’ll be putting the max to lvl 70 xD…

its not that hard to get a low to mid 50 or 60 to 70 in two weeks. besides you can train with your partner to help it go by faster <_<

Put me in! Coraje and I will win!
Comments: Gl~

~Chipper

I said signup will be tomorrow x3… I’ll accept it nevertheless xD.

EDIT You know what… I’ll just post on the top that you can signup now xD.

it was hard for lots of ppl to even try to get to lv 60 i went from 40 to 60 with 2 pokemon and the night before bloods tourny i only got 4 hours of sleep trying to train make it either 50 of 60

well… it’s only one pokemon you gotta train. besides you could do it with the person you’re going to team up with. discuss strategies while ur at it too x3. that’ll help you a lot.

I’ll enter, and my partner is TimaeusTestified c:

Me and Player are in! :>:D:

Good luck to everyone in the tournament. I’m probably not gonna participate. xD

Me and Player are in! :>:D:

Count me and Trans in.

Can’t the level max be 50?

Then why not just use the arena in Lugi’s house if you want it 50?
Because, your automatically set as 50 and takes no effort what so ever.
50, is just boring imo.

50, is just boring imo.[/quote]

But making it 70 is so high:<

Besides, most tournaments are level 50 max. I like level 50, nubbier players can participate.

50, is just boring imo.[/quote]

But making it 70 is so high:<

Besides, most tournaments are level 50 max. I like level 50, nubbier players can participate.[/quote]

Well, most people train to high levels. And they would also like to be participating in it. And, the ‘Nubbier’ players can reach 60 at most if they train. Nobody said you had to be the exact level for it. I entered a tourney before that was 1 - 100 and I was level 70.

I said signup will be tomorrow x3… I’ll accept it nevertheless xD.

EDIT You know what… I’ll just post on the top that you can signup now xD.[/quote]

Make my partner Coraje now.

At last a tournament in which I can participate :joy:

I’m in with Rayquaza011.
So the level cap is fixed 70 or it could be changed?