Towering Judgment: Extinction

Information:
The story was originally written by me. I own no rights to Pokemon or the designs I based these characters off of. Specific characters and story line do belong to me. This story is part of a planned three part series separated into three different titles. This is the beginning story, “Extinction”. The second one will be called, “Planned Destiny”, and the last one is called, “Beacon Of Light! (No More Sorrow)”.

Biography:
For many years now, Pokemon have been disappearing, and abused by Humans; treated as objects and tools. Over time, Pokemon have been slowly dying out, “disappearing”. Adapting is one thing, surviving is another. When Arceus declares war on Humanity, a rag team of Humans, and Pokemon alike join sides to neutralize the war. But can they do it without losing their lives?

About The Rating:
This story is actually Rated T, only for violence and swearing. However, I cleaned it up so that you here on PMU can read it as well. If you want to read the original story, find it here. Read at your own risk, you have been warned.

Characters:
Throughout the series we are introduced to several interesting characters. For right now I will only name the currently important characters that have appeared. There are multiple characters, each with their own traits, background stories, and habits. They are meant to be specifically unique and are based off of “gijinka” characters.

Pilot : Declaration of War

“Rise,” a loud voice echoed through the halls as multiple Humans rose out of the red royal seats that they were previously sitting in. The room was separated by a long, red royal carpet that spread throughout the entire hall; it separated the room into two opposite “halves”. On each side were multiple rows of seats, most filled by Humans. These Humans, however, were unusual. They appeared as normal Humans, however, many had tails, ears, and wings. All of those who were in the hall seemed focus and fixated on a man with long, white hair and dressed in an attire of all white and gold. He had golden colored rings in his hair and attached to his arms and a surprisingly long coat that reached to his knees with a scabbard to the side. There was a rapier with a gem on the hilt in the scabbard. There was a black eye patch over his eye, “Thank you,” he said quietly as he made his way down the aisle, “you may sit now.” All of the Humans in the hall took their seats as the man reached the other side of the room where four thrones were located. In the middle was a large seat that was white with royal red cushions. The man fell into the chair and the girl sitting in a chair beside him gasped, “Father! What happened to your eye?” She couldn"t help but cry out.

“Lord Genesis!” A woman with long blue hair and blue pins replied, and within seconds, the once silent hall became bustling with conversation. Rumors of Lord Genesis"s injury, rumors of bravery and cowardice flooded the room, and Lord Genesis tapped his sword three times before finally yelling out,“Silence!” Lord Genesis yelled as he slammed his sword into the tile floor and everyone turned to face him once more, “Thank you,” he said quietly again, closing his eye for a few seconds then reopening it, “As you know, the Humans have been getting restless -”

“Did Humans do this?!!” A man with short, fire red hair yelled out. He stood up and pointed at Lord Genesis, “See? There should be no more hesitation! We should kill them now,” he said pointing to the eye patch and raised his voice louder and subconsciously flailing his arms, “Should any one of us end up like that? I think not,” he looked over to Lord Genesis patiently who had his eye closed and was leaned back and listening. Princess Void was sitting beside him, her cotton candy colored hair bobbing. She was looking at him worried. As usual, Temporal was nowhere to be seen; stupid flake. “No, we can"t do that,” a woman with long green hair said as she stood up and looked to Lord Genesis, “Please, Lord Genesis, we can"t start a war with Humanity, they have as much rights to this world as we do,” he opened his eyes and looked at her, “Rayquaza. No, Rayna, was it?” Human names were always so hard for the former Arceus to remember, “We can"t stall any longer. I"ve given them enough chances to redeem themselves,” he shook his head, standing up.

Lord Genesis wobbled slightly while standing up, “Father, please! Sit down, I"ll have Celebii or Shaymin tend to your wounds!” Void said desperately trying to convince her Father to sit down, each attempt in vain. He ignored her and raised his voice, “Fellow Pokemon. We cannot stall any longer,” he said looking around, “I declare war on Humanity. If you decide you want to side with Humans, I will not hesitate to kill you, too. You will be treated as the rest,” a tall boy with purple hair stood up, “I guess I"m a traitor.” Lord Genesis blinked in shock as he looked at him, “Mewtwo?! You of all people wants to side with Humans?!”

“I"ve thought about it for a while. We all know this was coming. I know betraying Pokemon would be my own species, but there are good Humans as well. And I stand by that, Genesis,” he replied stepping out of the aisle he was in and onto the carpet and challenged Arceus. “Big brother, wait!” Clacia yelled out as she ran over to Mewtwo. She was a small, petite girl with light pink hair and ran over, taking Mewtwo"s hand. “I guess that makes me a traitor, too,” Rayna replied joining Mewtwo. “Unbelievable, Rayna! How could you side with those Humans?!” The girl with dark blue hair said as she turned to face the aisle, “they injured Lord Genesis and have been abusing Pokemon for centuries!”

“That"s rich, coming from you, Sapphire. Have you no gratitude?! There are good Humans, just like there are bad Pokemon. You of all people should know that!” She yelled out at her companion and a tall man with jet black hair and blue eyes put his hand on Rayna"s shoulder and she turned around, “Zero?!” Lord Genesis was working his way down the aisle to where the traitors were located, when he looked up, “Rayquaza, Mew, Mewtwo, and Darkrai. What a bandit team,” he laughed, “this is foolish, you four won"t get anywhere with that team,” Void walked by him and stood in front of him, “No, Father. It isn"t. They are right.”

“Void, don"t be ridiculous either,” he said slouching and breathing a bit heavily. Void felt terrible for leaving her Father in such a state. She didn"t even know the story and what did that to him, but in some ways she didn"t want to know. She didn"t want anyone else to be hurt, either. She couldn"t let anyone else be hurt, “We can try to negotiate with them, or…,” Lord Genesis shook his head, “I already tried that, Void. You know that,” she looked down in defeat. It was true, he had tried to reason with the Humans twice before, both times he had ended up denied or injured…

“You all are forgetting someone!” A man with silver hair and black wings replied as he walked past Genesis casually, he knocked Genesis back with his wings, “Whoops,” he said with a cocky wave and stood beside the group, “Yo, cousin,” Zero said with a wave, and possessed yellow eyes greeted Zero, “Ahaha. We get to kill some people? Sounds sick. Consider me in!” He replied cheerily, his tentacles waving around loosely as he levitated himself of the ground. “I see, so you are our traitors. How elegant,” Genesis said with a laugh, sheathing his sword, but dropping it instantly, “Blast it!”

Everyone in the room gasped. Zero, Rayna, Mew, Mewtwo, and the others disappeared. Void was nowhere to be seen, “She stopped time. But how?!” Genesis let out a roar in reply. How could his own daughter betray him?! “Find them. Find all of them. I want every one of them dead and Void returned to me,” his voice echoed loudly through the hall in rage, “Any Dividers that dare side with Humans. No, change that,” he said, his pupils growing in angry, “Kill all Dividers. Anything that is involed with Humans I want dead. Take no prisoners. I want all scum dead immediately. We"ll take back this world once and for all!” Genesis yelled loudly once more, the echoing vibrated the very walls of the hall. The hall erupted with cheer and battle cries. There was no way they were going to lose.

Chapter One : Gracidea Flower

“…And, this is for you,” Shay replied putting a flower down on the table. Upon seeing it, Clacia smiled, “It"s so pretty!” Shay smiled at the young Pokemon, watching her cotton candy hair flail in excitement. “Thank you, Shay,” The teenage boy besides Clacia with purple hair said, and Shay"s face returned to a serious expression as she nodded, “Take this as a sign of my resolve, Mewtwo,” she said standing up from her seat. She, Clacia, and Mewtwo had arrived in a diner in a small town. It had been a week since Lord Genesis declared a war on Humanity, and Shay, who had been absent from the meeting, joined the resistance quickly. It was only by chance that she met up with Mewtwo and Clacia; the former Shaymin had no desire to see the death of Humans.

“I"m going by Chance now,” Mewtwo said nodding at Shay, “you should get going, by the way. I heard Sapphire and Temporal are monitoring nearby. We should be going too, Clacia,” he said looking at the young girl and she nodded, “Right!” They both got up from their seats as well and looked at Shay, “I"ll see you around,” and Shay nodded. Clacia and Chance had watched her off, and they themselves vanished from sight. None of them paying the bill at the dinner. The whole time, Chance couldn"t help but think how cliche it was that Shay used a Gracidea flower as her promise to join the rebellion. Of course, it didn"t mean much since he had managed to lose it…

“So he finally issued the call,” a tall man with short black hair and dark tan skin said with a groan. Beside him was a girl with long blonde hair that created a “V” in the back and blue eyes, “it"s not that bad, Nick. As long as we stay in hiding,” Nick sat back and looked at the sky, his Charizard tail thumping against the ground. “That isn"t the point, the point is, wherever we go, we are in danger, Kyra. And Genesis WILL make it so we all die in the end,” Nick and Kyra were sitting on a large boulder hidden in the woods. The boulder was on the high end of a cliff so that way they could overlook the woods. The sun was just barely rising, and Nick was exhausted. Kyra had awoken for her usual early morning training when she saw the Charizard watching the sunrise alone and had gone to join him. Nick had gotten up some time during the night and had been up since. That look on his face worried Kyra…

“It"s Mika, isn"t it?”

“Obviously, it"s Mika,” he replied burying his face in the long, brown scarf that was tied around his neck. It was burnt up. He had always had the scarf since that day nine years ago. It was his souvenir of surviving the fire. The scarf and Mika…

“She"s eleven years old, Nick. Don"t you think it"s about time she learns some combat tricks? I learned when I was around her age,” Nick shook his head, “that"s different, Kyra. You are a Blaziken, a fighting type. You know combat for a reason, Mika is…gentle.” Mika was weak to fighting, being an Eevee and all. It was a miracle she got along so well with Richard; Nick and Mika"s roommate and all around friend. “I mean for defense. It"s not like you can protect her forever. It"s a bit worrisome to see you like this.”

“It"s not just about Mika, it"s about Richard, you, and myself. We are all screwed, being Dividers and all. But they are Dividers too, so, gah, what the hell?!” He said in annoyance and began subconsciously tracing the one of the many holes in his ripped jeans. “Nine years ago,” he whispered quietly and Kyra stood up, stretching, “I wasted so much time trying to make YOU feel better but you are stubborn as usual. Just go back to being your cool self and it"ll be good, alright, Nicky?” She said giving him a thumbs up and winking, “I need to get training, like now. Mika and Richard are probably up by now.” She said beginning to walk away, waving to him behind her shoulder.

“Kyra, wait,” she turned around, looking at him with her soft blue eyes, “What is it?” She said blinking, looking at the sky at flock of Starly flew by. “Thanks,” he mumbled and she smiled just barely hearing him, “You"re welcome. Take care of yourself, Nick.”

The idea of death didn"t appeal to Nick. Then again, who would it appeal to? That was probably the one thing that sucked about becoming a Divider. Nick personally loved being able to have the ability to interact with both worlds, being Pokemon and Human all at once. Dividers were an unusual race that had only been discovered a few decades ago.

A smart scientist guy had figured out the most unusual factor of life: Pokemon were Humans, but they were “evolved”. As insane as it sounded, Pokemon were like a mutated race of Humans. And Humans were like an “unevolved” version of Pokemon. It doesn"t make any sense to Nick, but that was science for you. There is a race that is called “Dividers” which act as both at once. Pokemon and Humans. That is really why the war began. Pokemon became Humans and Humans became Pokemon. Arceus hated how it disrupted the balance of nature ad wants anyone like that dead, despite being one himself.

Dividers become when someone “hacks” into their spiritual self conscious to become either Human or Pokemon. Whatever he or she desire. Of course, they needed to “evolve” first. It made no sense once again, all Nick knew was that he was once a Charizard, now a Pokemon. Richard was the opposite; he was a Human, now a Lucario. Kyra never spoke about her past, and it was unknown about Mika. Nick liked being the middle, while Richard wanted to be a full Lucario. Mika liked the middle, and so did Kyra.

That was Dividers for you. The most confusing face of life…ever.

Nick had this all processing through his mind when he began heading home. Might as well see if Richard and Mika were up. On his way through the trek into the deepest part of the woods where he, Mika, and Richard lived, he found a flower. A flower he had seen before, but couldn"t name. It was beautiful, and he was sure Mika would like it.

Maybe it was his sign of luck. Maybe not. He picked it up and decided to bring it home with him.

If you notice an error or a swear that I skipped over, let me know so I can take it out. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the story.