Toy Factory lack of recruits

Hello,

First of all I want to say the HC seems pretty balanced (after counter was taken out from the boss). But I do want to say there seems to be lacking a fair amount of recruits in the Toy Factory. I think it takes away the intent to run after only a few days in, unless you’re hardcore hunting in the limited selection of mons. Someone also said this dungeon was more for newer players, so having more recruits would be more beneficial as well.

The Toy Factory only has 6 recruits

• Mareep
  • Zigzagoon
  • Stufful
  • Klefki
  • Porygon
  • Tinkatink

Basic form non recruitables

• Togepi
  • Igglybuff
  • Magnemite
  • Cleffa
  • Buneary
  • Klink
  • Timburr
  • Baltoy
  • Dedenne
  • Aron
  • Teddiursa

Not mentioning Mimikyu and Piplup because it’s pretty obvious why they’re not recruitable. Out of the list I could see stuff like Timburr, Klink, Baltoy or even Dedenne be really nice recruits, because they’re more rare, further into the game etc. Giving more things a chance to shine in limited events like these would be a win for everyone imo.

Anyway, I wanted to mention this as early as possible, so there’s still a lot of time left in case other things are added. I hope everyone has nice runs this HC

4 Likes

I have been enjoying this HC generally too. I also agree that Factory’s recruits are a little underwhelming. I’d actually advocate for Klink or Mimikyuu being made recruitable here because most of the other mons that could potentially be recruitable are personally underwhelming. I am in favour of those mons being recruitable as well mainly because last Winter HC, both the short dungeon had two new recruitables, Eiscue and Rolycoly, and having just one new recruitable this time around doesn’t really feel like it would get better by making something like Igglybuff or Baltoy available. From how I imagine it, Tinkatink may have been perceived to be more popular than in actuality, because most people I know don’t run Factory other than to get currency in a less crowded dungeon. I am assuming this because this is what happened with Dreepy in Anni HC, where it was popular and used to make the shorter dungeon worthwhile too. However that dungeon also had a new recruit in Orbeetle, which further makes Factory seem less interesting and worthwhile in comparison to past short HC dungeons.

3 Likes